Really..... 1400 calories??

Options
13»

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest risk of eating too low calorie a diet is that you are much more likely to burn out and binge.

I have "junk food" almost every day. One day, I'll have chips (one serving, counted out), another it's Oreos (again, portion controlled), another day ice cream … you get the idea. You can have some yummy foods as long as you have calories for them and you hit your macros.

Of course, you want most of your food to come from veggies, fruits, lean proteins, whole grains, etc. If you're struggling to get all your calories, try adding cheese to a meal or two (it's 100 calories per ounce), stocking up on Greek yogurt (doesn't take up a lot of room), adding avocado to a salad or sandwich, and snacking on things like nuts or bread and peanut butter. Measure everything, but don't be afraid of fats, especially unsaturated fats, or calorie dense food that has a lot of other nutrients.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you are working out 1400 calories is nothing. If you eat between your BMR and TDEE, you will lose weight. MFP accounts for this by increasing your calories when you exercise, meaning you have to eat the calories back if you want a healthy and sustainable weight loss process.

I am around 116 and when I was losing, I was eating around 1700 (small deficit from my TDEE). Today I am maintaining and eat around 2000. All my calories come from good food sources. I would say during the week it is around 95% healthy/nutrient dense foods and the weekends might have a bit more junk so about 85 - 90% is good.

You can't gain weight at 2000, if anything you are maintaining so you probably ate more than that.

im 5'2 and if I eat 2000 cals a day I gain weight. So maybe you should find out from the OP how tall she is before you give out this sort of information

I'm 5' 3" and I work out on a moderate to intense level 6 days a week, and the same happens to me. I tried calculating my TDEE but not everyone is made the same. That's not to say that everyone is "special" in that way, but two people that are 5' 3" who burn the same number of calories during exercise still may not be able to lose weight or maintain weight by eating the same number of calories
  • tinawj2
    tinawj2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I cannot really exercise much with having cerebral palsy will that cause me not to lose weight if I eat 1200 to 1400 calories a day?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love these...

"OMG I am so full at 800 calories!" Then why are you fat in the first place?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    I cannot really exercise much with having cerebral palsy will that cause me not to lose weight if I eat 1200 to 1400 calories a day?

You really need to start a new thread asking your question.

This one is very old and people won't respond to your question.

Yes I know people said use the search function but your question really pertains to you individually and would best extra asked separately.