Should I shave/buzzcut my thinning hair?

Options

Replies

• WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to God I have my dads hair in his late 60s. Full set of hair. I tried it buzzed and I looked like a *kitten*.

To the OP, looks great I'm envious.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to God I have my dads hair in his late 60s. Full set of hair. I tried it buzzed and I looked like a *kitten*.

Thanks. I have heard that you should look at your maternal grandfather as the guide for your potential hair pattern. That is where the genes most commonly come from or something.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good move! I like it.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Thanks. I have heard that you should look at your maternal grandfather as the guide for your potential hair pattern. That is where the genes most commonly come from or something.

If that is true, I'm worried. He was balled by his late 50s. Gulp. My dad, and my grandpa from my dads side had long hair till his 70s(when he passed away.)

Doesn't help that I have a mole on the back of my head, which is about 80% of the reason why I don't want to go bald when I'm young. Too self conscience about it. :laugh:
  • Tamilyn43
    Options
    i personally like shaved heads. BALD IS BEAUTIFUL.. or cut really short.. like stubbles.. my boyfriends hair is buzzed real short, and its so soft to rub my hands over.. post a pic when u decide.. would love to see what u decide..
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i personally like shaved heads. BALD IS BEAUTIFUL.. or cut really short.. like stubbles.. my boyfriends hair is buzzed real short, and its so soft to rub my hands over.. post a pic when u decide.. would love to see what u decide..

Ummm, I did decide, and did it. Scroll up :)
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Very handsome.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So I have been aware of my hair getting pretty thin for a few years. I'm 30 now and it's receding a lot on my forehead and starting to thin at my crown. Here are a couple of photos (literally just took these):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5757769/Hair1.jpg
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5757769/Hair2.jpg

For a while now I've struggled to do anything with my hair that doesn't look either thinning or like I'm trying too hard to hide it. I've had a look on some forums and they suggest that a buzz cut or even shaved head might be worth a try but obviously it's a bit of a big step!
    It can look pretty great, thinking of Jason Statham, but let's be realistic here. Do you think it would suit me? Are there any ways to get an idea of the shape of your head other than just going for it?

Buzz it. I have been in the same boat for years. It is less noticeable when buzzed. I have been waiting for it to get thin enough so I can shave it bald. Wife hates that idea so I am waiting till she can't argue the point.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!

Here I am just before:

before.jpg

And here it is now!:

after.jpg

DAMN! You look good!
  • sixrings
    sixrings Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with the same question. I am thinking a buzz is the way to go based on these comments
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Don't just buzz it !!!!......................shave that thing down to reveal it's glistening self !!!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Shaved heads are hot. End of.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!

Here I am just before:

And here it is now!:

You look GREAT!! See.. HOT!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Never hide it, always embrace it. Cut it short, or shave it off.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As a cosmetologist, I must say men have come a long way! The discussions were insightful and eyeopening. My husband always likes his hair like that as does my son. I love yours short...you look more mature and it suits you. BRAVO!!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    you look amazing either way but I think you rock the new look !!!!!!! :) Diane
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    You looked great before as you do now! The buzz cut suits you. You don't have to shave all of your hair off.
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I say buzz it! Why not try a change? :) Plus I can totally see you buzzed/shaved.
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ah! I missed the pictures, so glad you did it! You look great!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was here to vote buzz, so I'm glad that's the way you went. You look terrific! When a guy starts to lose his hair, the only dignified thing to do is take it short (or shaved). It's hot to be who you are with no apologies.