how different are you from your online persona?

Options

Replies

• Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly the same. The only difference is that I tend to "talk" more online because I communicate better in writing than I do verbally. Plus, I am an introvert, and online interactions with people don't register as overstimulating to my brain for some reason.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm 'me', but with a few second delay, which means my phrasing is better. That makes me appear less shy (and possibly a bit wittier) than in real life.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm an even bigger d*** in real life

And I don't think the censored word is "diva".
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm me both on and off line. But I reckon I'm a little more outgoing online. But it's still me, I just can speak my mind more.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Same in person as online. If I wouldn't say it to someone's face, I won't say it here either. If someone posts something I don't agree with such as a political statement, religious view, lifestyle choice, etc. I just don't comment. I have friends on my list who live in a way I never would and make choices I never would, but that's not what I focus on with them. I focus on cheering them on and encouraging them in those areas we have in common.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think Im the same either way. However I do hold back personal information and stuff that can be used against me online, as you never know whos creeping you :bigsmile:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm the same person, but I have less of a filter online bc well, you people don't really know me.
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    I'm batman in real life..
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm the same.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly the same. The only difference is that I tend to "talk" more online because I communicate better in writing than I do verbally. Plus, I am an introvert, and online interactions with people don't register as overstimulating to my brain for some reason.

I'm in my element here...I'm ether goofing off or talking about topics I'm passionate about (health and fitness). I'm introverted as well in social situations with ambiguous subjects and no activities (like say while playing a sport or watching a ball game) going on. I'm shy as can be in a bar or in a club because I don't really like it.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm shy, quiet and reserved, probably because I'm insecure and maybe due to low self esteem, but, due to the false sense of anonymity the internet provides, I'm much less inhibited. I'm still me though.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot less shy, and much more vulgar. Working on coming out of my shell here though, so watch out.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am that much different in real life. My family and really good friends see the same personality you see here but with others I might be a bit more PC. It is mainly because of where I work and the some of the social events I have to attend to.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    No difference at all.

I'm as pedantic, irritating, annoying, verbose, sarcastic, etc. online as I am in person.

Same for me, except I have legs.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm shy, quiet and reserved, probably because I'm insecure and maybe due to low self esteem, but, due to the false sense of anonymity the internet provides, I'm much less inhibited. I'm still me though.

You look good though!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Same.

I have no reason to fake who I am for anyone on here, or anyone in my personal life. Love me or hate me, it makes no matter to me. You get what you see.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Iin real life if you met me, you'd probably think..who is this loser! lol...im typically a geek/nerd, very quiet...with my graphic design and art obsessed life. I am goofy, but only if i know the person well and am comfortable with them.
    its easier to talk to people online..hahah i sound so antisocial!! but i have a handful of friends in real life who are as crazy as i am so we get along furiously well :glasses:

I'm more candid and honest about myself online though. I find it easier to open up to someone and not worry about being judged.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Eerily identical.

At least I hope my FL can agree - they've seen me in my element via intern tormenting youtube video.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to speak to anyone in person w/o going into a panic attack. I'm free to be me online.
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm snarky in real life. I am much more positive online...spewing "great jobs!" and motivational phrases all over y'all.