how different are you from your online persona?

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Extremely different. I am actually an 85 year old White Woman living vicariously through this 31 yo Dominican Male. God its so much fun. The awesome part is I even picked up Spanish to give my character that extra edge.

Next week im thinking about being a beautiful young Vietnamese Woman who is struggling with weight gain because of all the fried foods here in the U.S.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm no different at all. And to quote Popeye, " I am what i am!"
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm more shy in real life, but I'm definitely the same person. It's just easier to be a bit more open and forward when you hAve a computer to hid behind!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Im actually a 78 year old divorced woman that moonlights as a private detective.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    It is hard to answer. I have a quiet smile. I do not ask inappropriate questions. I do talk about walking dead and stuff. I dedicate my life to my kids.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm this way all the time.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'm an arrogant jerk irl
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm more reserved on the message boards because I don;t want to fight, argue, get in flame wars, etc. and most of the time it's better to stay quiet. On my profile and with my friends list I'm completely myself.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm just me!

There are times I may have a little more gumption online than I do in real life - but overall....what you see/read is what you get!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think about the same. Online I try to control myself A LOT though purely because I know that via text and my inability to transfer my true meanings to English language might cause problems.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Wysiwyg =What you see is what you get.

Can also be pronounced "Wizzywig."
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think I am pretty much the same... though I think my humor would be taken correctly when in person than it is online. I sometimes think people take what I say a little too seriously sometimes.

I also tend to converse better when I can write things down, then in person, but I still say whats on my mind and have a really awesome and dirty sense of humor!
  • _granola
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same. Quiet, shy, awkward, introspective, and kind. At least, I think I come off that way online.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My pictures lie. I'm an overweight, extravagantly hairy man who just wants to be loved and cuddled.

Oh, and my personality is the same.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I'm just me!

There are times I may have a little more gumption online than I do in real life - but overall....what you see/read is what you get!

You mean to tell me you got great abs in real life too? Get out of here
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    shy, awkward and usually afraid to speak my mind.
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm definitely a no bull**** person. I am the same in person as I am online.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am infinitely more likely to share personal stuff regarding weight on here.

I promised myself "no secrets" when I started this. Open about all of it.
    I figure people here are more likely to get it, and it might help someone else.

Every time I have ever posted something that I wouldn't dare share in real life I have had others comment how much they related to it.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    not different at all. I'm opinionated, sensitive, and type a. LOL. I am also warm and fuzzy when I like you but blunt when I don't.