I just bought a gym membership. What do you do at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I do as many classes as I can fit in. Right now I do zumba, yoga and 2 hrs of cardio-pump a week. I love the class setting, it really keeps me from getting bored. I use the treadmill now and then and I lift light weights. Spend the $ for a 1 hr session with a trainer to have him formulate a system for you to start with, its well worth it so you don't injure yourself and you can learn the correct way to use the machines!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Ignore the sass. It can be a bit intimidating so I totally get it. Those machines- where do you put your leg? face down or face up? lift or pull? When I was new to the gym, I went during slower times just to get familiar.

Once comfortable-
    20-30 minutes on the stairclimber, treadmill or eliptical.
    30 minutes on weight lifting (focused on arms or legs but not both)
    20 more minutes on stairclimber, treadmill or eliptical
    15-20 on abs
    I do more cardio if I haven't burned at least 500 calories

Now I skip all that and go to a 60 minute class- Turbo Lift, Turbo Kick, whatever.

Good luck!

This is a good routine, although I prefer going to various classes such as Zumba, or whole body workout.
  • Lebhaft
    Options
    I walk ... and walk ... and walk
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!