What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options
What did you want to be when you grew up?

What do you do now?

What career would you do if you could do anything right now?

I wanted to be a mommy and a teacher. (I am a mom of the 3 most awesome kids in the world.) Teacher . . . not an accredited school teacher, but I have taught large crowds of people and taught workshops at conferences. I currently work for a non profit organization as the Director of Resource Administration. If I could do anything in the world, I really can't think of anything that I would want to be or do. I love my job and what I'm doing now!

Replies

• GaryRuiz
    Options
    Be on the Andy Griffith show
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    lisa lottie!
    or an explorer/gypsy
    ive never had an interest in a real career

if i could choose something right now, id be a skydive instructor
  • chardi7
    chardi7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up I wanted to be a Navy Seal.

What I grew up to be was a CPA.

If I could do anything I think I would like to be in Law Enforcement...like the FBI.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Wanted to be a chef, love cooking.

Then had my son at 18 & all that went out the window cause I was a single mum & no income.

Now? Fitness instructor is what I want to be :) ...... but till 3 years ago I was a checkout chick.... who then got hurt at work & has not worked since :(
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When I was about 6 I wanted to be an author...then at 10 it switched to fashion designer...at 12 it was lawyer, and somewhere in the back of my mind the whole time i wanted to be a musician.

Now im a college student and i have no effing clue what i want to do only that it should involve something interacting with people and something useful to others or the world; the musician thing is still lodged in the back of my mind somewhere though^^ some things never change.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Wanted to be a firefighter :)

I ended up a parole/probation officer - its my thing, so don't want to do anything else.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I wanted to be an Astronaut.
    When I know that wouldn't happen I wanted to work somehow with the earth (volcanologist or geologist something like that)
    None came true :(
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be famous, either for acting singing or both!

Family split and I lost all my confidence (it's fine I was overly confident at 13 anyway ¬_¬

Now? I'd love to be a photographer for the National Geographic (animals rather than people).

I just got a job yesterday working as a photo lab assistant.
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I was a child I wanted to become a zoologist, wanted to do several expeditons.... Artica, Antarctica, Africa... and then I wanted to become a zoo director of the best zoo ever.

And now I am a teacher for Mathematics, German, Arts and Music . ;)
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a medical doctor.
    I am now a civil engineer.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Most men here would agree that during some stage in life that we all would have liked to become a gynaecologist...
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young, I wanted to be a singer or an actress, but then I realized I'm a really bad singer, and that I don't care for people to know that I'm a good actress ;)

Then, when I was about 12, I learned a bit about HTML and CSS. I started making websites for fun. Now, here I am about to turn 25 and I have a Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Media Design, and I make websites for a living :)
  • eatrainsmile
    Options
    Most men here would agree that during some stage in life that we all would have liked to become a gynaecologist...

LOL

Gynaecologist dont always see healthy vaginas of super hot women. If I were a male gynaecologist, I'ld be gay!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options

LOL

Gynaecologist dont always see healthy vaginas of super hot women. If I were a male gynaecologist, I'ld be gay!

You would go in straight and come out gay I suppose? Heard some nasty stuff in that profession
  • eatrainsmile
    Options
    Exactly.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a civil engineer and became one...then found out I hated it and went into data analysis.
  • eatrainsmile
    Options
    I wanted to be a civil engineer and became one...then found out I hated it and went into data analysis.

I dont blame you!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options

I dont blame you!

LOL. To be fair, I gave it a good seven years before I got out. Had to be sure, you know.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    a wife and a mum.

still want to be. but i won't get knocked up by a random.

patiently waiting.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a legend

I'm getting there lol