What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options

Replies

• ricknlauraplus8
    Options
    A Mom. I always had dreams of being a Mommy. When I was 4 my Mom asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I told her "A Mommy just like you and I will have 99 babies and bring them all home and put them on your bed!". I am a Mom to 8 fabulous children and love their Father and them more than anything in this world. I was a temporary Momma to quite a few foster children before having my own and adopting 3 from foster care. 4 of my 8 are my Husbands from his previous marraige. I knew since I was small what my calling in this wonderful life would be. I LOVE what I get to do!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bank teller,, then author, then accountant..
    Ended up doing industrial sales, human resources, then purchasing. I am now a church secretary. Interesting that what I wanted as a child didn't involve many people..but all of my jobs have involved a great deal of human contact..hmmm..
  • Samstudent88
    Options
    When I was little I wanted to be a Special Ed teacher, because my brother is developmentally retarded, and slight autism.

Right now I'm a stay at home mom, and full time student...I want to be a Nurse.

Lets see how it goes. =)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a mom and a wife. Married at 19 with three kids by 22, I'd say I surpassed that goal.

Right now, I'm a fourth year undergrad working on my B.A. in Sociology with a minor in Public Policy.

Considering a JD (law school) , but I'll probably pursue a master's in public policy. I love it! I want to be a catalyst for change at the macro level, particularly in policy concerning people in poverty and underserved populations. I have my eyes set on Princeton for graduate school.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bank teller,, then author, then accountant..
    Ended up doing industrial sales, human resources, then purchasing. I am now a church secretary. Interesting that what I wanted as a child didn't involve many people..but all of my jobs have involved a great deal of human contact..hmmm..
  • hazalopez
    Options
    I wanted to be a baseball player, but somehow ended up a social worker.
    Now, I just want to win the lottery :)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and have a handsome prince come and kiss me and wake me from my deep sleep. I use to drive my parents crazy when I was a little girl watching this movie over and over again.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A ballerina.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    YES to Explorer / GYpsy!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a rock star (singer/guitarist). It almost panned out, but the guys I played with were upset that a chick could sing more hardcore than them... I quite smoking & actually LOST my singing voice :sad: But glad I quit either way.

Now I work for a very powerful company (the one that keeps your lights on type..!)

I now want to be a personal fitness trainer & nutritionist (about to start the process to get certification & training). Recently I realized that I daydream about my workouts while I'm at work now... don't worry - I'm not working in any of the plants & won't accidentally turn off the lights.. :wink:
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ice cream man...ice skater...I never really wanted to get old and be an adult actually. I always figured I would end up an artist because that's what I did the most in my spare time. Still is!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a police officer

didnt happen so I became ........

a retail manager---yeah, its just almost but not really as exciting as a cop.

Id be an actor if I could.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Well aside from the typical rock star and all.. lol
    I always wanted to be a Doctor. I knew I could do it, I read medical journals like they are the comics. SOOOOOOOO interesting.
    Life got in the way, and I doubt I'll ever make it there now, but I did end up working in the medical field. And I love it :)
    Still plan on going back one day, prob just for practitioner ... but would LOVE one day to hear Dr. Lauren. :)
    Also had a small desire to be a playboy model Lmao. But I digress ;)
  • icjason
    icjason Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome question! (I use this with kiddos *and* adults in therapy all the time :) )

Here's a selection of what I wanted to be:

As a little kid:
    Garbage man (seriously, I still think garbage trucks are super-cool!)
    Scuba diver
    Astronaut

As a bigger kid:
    Professional soccer player
    Astronaut
    Microbiologist
    Helicopter pilot
    Engineer
    Physicist

What I've been:
    Musician
    Librarian
    Database sleuth / security consultant
    Systems Analyst
    Bicycle mechanic
    Psychotherapist

Who knew? Life can be a very interesting journey!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I wanted to play in the NHL or be a musician. Now I work in construction but still play music.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    wouldn't it be nice if one site on the internet was exactly a site about what it's suppose to be about, not just SEX, this if about food, excercise, how to reach your goal.....NOT what do you want to be when you grow up, who cares !!!! I doubt one person can really answer that question truthly, your goals change every single day......let's just try to support each other with losing weight....

You must be new to forums, this is the "offtopic" board. If people want to talk about their last meal, then there are boards for that. Lighten up when you are in the chit-chat. Talk about your cats, people will respond to that as well.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    oops, double post
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What I have! lol
  • What did you want to be when you grew up?

An author, a dancer singer and actress, a doctor, and an astronaut!

What do you do now?
    Currently I'm a cardiac sonography student months away from graduation with plans to be a cardiologist. As in I have a medical school in sight and everything. So one dream is coming true. :drinker:

What career would you do if you could do anything right now?

I really want to be a doctor. Really really. Right now, while I'm studying, I am indeed an actress and have been for some time and I write for myself as I discovered, when I got older, that I didn't want to write what made money but rather what I wanted to write in the moment. Oh and my dreams of being an astronaut were shattered when I discovered I was an agoraphobic. HAHA.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    The Fastest Man Alive...............(The Flash)

metheflash.jpg