What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options

Replies

• mom2mini
    mom2mini Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What did you want to be when you grew up? FIREMAN! I remember every career day that was my favorite. Now, I have no intention on ever being a fire fighter.

What do you do now? Student + Mom

What career would you do if you could do anything right now? History Teacher - I am getting there!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    For as far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Specifically, the staff veterinarian at Claiborne Farms in Kentucky (racing stable, once the home of Secretariat). I love all animals, but especially horses.

This was all fine and good until I was in college heading towards vet school and our family dog had to be euthanized--I was there with her and it was awful (so sad!). I decided I just could not do that, or bear to see animals suffering.

So now I am a clinical laboratory scientist doing project management for a pharmaceutical company, and I'm working on my MBA.

If I could have a do-over, I would have become a dentist or a pastry chef.
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    I wanted to be rich :drinker:

Magnet on my fridge... "When I grow up I want to be a lottery winner"
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Fit.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a peditrician

Now im working for a family business

And i would prefer doing fashion styling or visual merchandising... gives me a chance to be creative
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a phlebotomist when I was 10. Then a few years later i was diagnosed with seizures. a pretty bad combination! After that I floated through life til about 11 grade, I decided massage therapy would be great as I was talented and had strong hands.
    I ended up a butcher for a few years before I became a stay at home mom.

My kids will be gone i a few years and my dream job actually exists. scannig p0rn and other filth. no really, it IS a job. Sadly, my husband works for the company and is high ranking. :cry: But he has a wonderful job! :drinker:

maybe in a few years when the company is much better and the boss likes me more.
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    I always wanted to be in ranching. So happy my husband wanted the same lifestyle. He works with my father on the ranch that my great grandfather started in the early 30's. 39 years and I have never left "home" :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an astronaut!

I am currently a scientist.

Would love to be a bellydancer! :)
  • spikefoot
    Options
    garbage man for real... I would watch them every garbage day and thought it was the best job in the world... riding on the side, jumping off and crushing garbage.... lol
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    What did you want to be when you grew up?

What do you do now?

What career would you do if you could do anything right now?

I wanted to be a mommy and a teacher. (I am a mom of the 3 most awesome kids in the world.) Teacher . . . not an accredited school teacher, but I have taught large crowds of people and taught workshops at conferences. I currently work for a non profit organization as the Director of Resource Administration. If I could do anything in the world, I really can't think of anything that I would want to be or do. I love my job and what I'm doing now!

When I was a child, I wanted to be a Power Ranger (I wish I was joking but no).

Now, I'm in Marketing.

If I could, I would love to be a professional author. I write for some blogs, etc., but I'd love to be a famous writer ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    garbage man for real... I would watch them every garbage day and thought it was the best job in the world... riding on the side, jumping off and crushing garbage.... lol

Haha, same as my brother ;) It was his dream!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    I wanted to be a forensic pathologist and was actually a microbiology major w/honors headed to med school when I got prego with my oldest son and had to drop out (single momma @ the time)

I'm a registered dental hygienist.

I still want to be a forensic pathologist (or a doctor in general) and have the pre-reqs, debated taking the MCAT, but at my age (early 40's) borrowing all of that tuition money isn't practical. Sigh. :grumble: :sad: :noway:
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i wanted to be a unicorn or a janitor (so i would have all the keys to the school).

i'm now an investment banker which is pretty similar to a unicorn i think.

i like my job but am considering getting another degree in physics as a hobby. so i guess something in that field if i had to pick something else. maybe one of the engineers that 'drive' the mars rover :).
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a dolphin trainer.

I'm currently an Administrative Coordinator (aka - secretary, pretty much).

If I could have any job right now, it'd be a nature photographer.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Professional football player. Everything was on track until I was about 13, but I didn't fully mature until I was in college. Oh, well.

By education, I'm a lawyer and political scientist.

By profession, I'm a speculator.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    I wanted to be Wonder Woman.

I'm now a diagnostic tech (lab work / diagnostic testing)

I WOULD be a writer of dirty novels...tho... I don't read them.:love:
  • ac2662
    ac2662 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian. These days I'm a Probation Officer and would actually like to become a cop. Now that I'm all grown up it's definitely the law enforcement field that has my heart.
  • jaciofthedead
    Options
    i wanted to work in the morgue.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Second grade: a ditch-digger
    Freshman year of college: a nuclear engineer
    When I changed cities/schools, didn't like the NE programs at the schools available, so thought, "I really liked accounting in High School. My teacher, Mrs. Nichols, was really hot" so now I'm a CPA/Director of Tax. *shrug*
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    anything but what ive ended up doing