Does rain water count towards my 8 glasses of H20?

Options

Replies

• hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This thread taught me a couple things today-- 1) I can get my water count in so many different ways. My favorite is how to get my electrolyte water intake! and 2) some people like to highjack threads when they take things way too seriously.
    But its left me with a couple more questions -- 1) If I put vodka in my ice tray, will that count as water? and 2) what the heck is a curmudgeon?
    :wink:

You can put vodka in your ice tray but it won't freeze, so it depends on whether you consider really cold vodka to be water. The freezer is the best place to store your hard liquor for exactly this reason.

Just sayin'....

OMG Of course.:noway: Dur... What was I thinking.. And that is exactly where my vodka is right now. So I think we found something that does NOT count right?? :drinker:
    But I'm still left with my #2 question :happy:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This thread taught me a couple things today-- 1) I can get my water count in so many different ways. My favorite is how to get my electrolyte water intake! and 2) some people like to highjack threads when they take things way too seriously.
    But its left me with a couple more questions -- 1) If I put vodka in my ice tray, will that count as water? and 2) what the heck is a curmudgeon?

You can put vodka in your ice tray but it won't freeze, so it depends on whether you consider really cold vodka to be water. The freezer is the best place to store your hard liquor for exactly this reason.

Just sayin'....

OMG Of course.:noway: Dur... What was I thinking.. And that is exactly where my vodka is right now. So I think we found something that does NOT count right?? :drinker:

cur·mudg·eon/kərˈməjən/
    Noun:
    A bad-tempered or surly person.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Just sayin'....

AHA! BUT... if you are Canadian (like me) and you leave your vodka outside in the snow to get cold... It can freeze.
    According to google, the freezing temperature of 100 proof vodka is -40.5 degrees. 80 proof is -26.95 °C or -16.51 °F.

SEE! There ARE benefits to living in Canada... you can create Vodka Ice Cubes, and add them to your water intake!

note to self... I SO GOTTA TRY THIS FOR NEW YEARS!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    We didn't want to have to say this, but...

it was a joke.

We're laughing with, not at.

Yes, you are right. It was just a joke. It was a joke to all of you. It is not a joke to the obese/overweight person that is that way because they are not educated on nutrition. It was a legitamate question for them. Some thing they never realized they would be made fun of for asking. You all are grown *kitten* people that find pleasure in making fun of people. Bullies aren't just kids... they grow up to be adults that go on thinking making fun of people is "just a joke".

Did you personally talk to the person that started this thread and ask if they were upset by people's posts? If a thread is started in fun, the intention is to make people smile. No one is intentionally commenting to hurt anyone's feelings. You, however, are intentionally pooping on the party.

I started this thread. lol. No, I am not offended. I was just having fun with the weather outside today. It was raining. An obscure thought popped in my head and i posted it. #Chitchatfunandgames

oh, and for the record, this was in no way shape or form inspired by any other threads. it was simply my loopy mind imagining crazy thoughts on a rainy day. Just wanted people to laugh.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Hilarious thread! Secretlobster, you win the internet today :laugh:

And if a person (being of sound and body, old enough, not mentally handicapped, obese or not) is REALLY asking if being rained on counts towards their H2O intake, they seriously should be made fun of. Actually, it should be ENCOURAGED! :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If there was lightning, you get to double count it.

Wait are you sure? I thought that would add electrolytes, thus making it no longer just water.

no no no sillies, it just multiplies your total burn for the day - its a calories out thing not an H20 thing :P
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    whoa wait i thought this was a funny topic- why is there butt hurtedness all over all of a sudden. this is the games forum....
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    whoa wait i thought this was a funny topic- why is there butt hurtedness all over all of a sudden. this is the games forum....
    MFP is full of titty babies waaa waaa waaa :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do stay away from the posts, I do not feel compelled to make a comment to make somebody feel stupid. I am not a very serious person and I smile a lot. I am not on a righteous crusade and I find joy in lots of stuff. I have a great sense of humor but I don't feel the need to be humorous at the expense of other peoples feelings. To me, that is not funny. To me, humor is funny and not hurtful. Basically you all are saying that as long as it is funny to you, who cares who it hurts. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpeg
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    not if it looks like this
    takeshelter2.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat the yellow snow. And if you're in NJ, you get to subtract cals because of the acidity of the rainwater!

PS: Before Jersey-folks get all butthurt, I'm a proud former New Jerseyan. And well aware of the radiation you never escape and the acid rain :laugh:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    Just don't eat the yellow snow. And if you're in NJ, you get to subtract cals because of the acidity of the rainwater!

PS: Before Jersey-folks get all butthurt, I'm a proud former New Jerseyan. And well aware of the radiation you never escape and the acid rain :laugh:

seriously- I am from New Jersey. I can really subtract the cals? does MFP have a settings feature that will let me do this?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I started this thread. lol. No, I am not offended. I was just having fun with the weather outside today. It was raining. An obscure thought popped in my head and i posted it. #Chitchatfunandgames

oh, and for the record, this was in no way shape or form inspired by any other threads. it was simply my loopy mind imagining crazy thoughts on a rainy day. Just wanted people to laugh.

and you are pectacularily funny to boot! loved this thread!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Again.. making fun of other people is what you find fun and amusing. Carry on so you can feel better about yourself. That is fine. My panties are not in a bunch and don't call me sweetheart.

I don't know why I'm engaging you, you joyless curmudgeon, but 'making fun' of someone is NOT the same as bullying them and you shouldn't be so cavalier the use of that word. Bullying is a campaign of abuse not a few jokes aimed at no particular person.

I bet you get offended a lot don't you?

No, quite honestly I don't get offended a lot or very easily. I do however find you offensive. I am neither joyless or a curmudgeon but very kind of you to use such nice words to describe somebody you don't agree with. You should not be so ignorant as to what consitutes bullying. Questions are asked on here all the time that seem stupid and people like you don't hesitate to jump all over it and then say... oh all in fun. I don't believe, for a second, this was anything less than making fun of the last few people that asked a question about what counts as "water". It must be great to be you and know everything.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

Again.. making fun of other people is what you find fun and amusing. Carry on so you can feel better about yourself. That is fine. My panties are not in a bunch and don't call me sweetheart.

I don't know why I'm engaging you, you joyless curmudgeon, but 'making fun' of someone is NOT the same as bullying them and you shouldn't be so cavalier the use of that word. Bullying is a campaign of abuse not a few jokes aimed at no particular person.

I bet you get offended a lot don't you?

No, quite honestly I don't get offended a lot or very easily. I do however find you offensive. I am neither joyless or a curmudgeon but very kind of you to use such nice words to describe somebody you don't agree with. You should not be so ignorant as to what consitutes bullying. Questions are asked on here all the time that seem stupid and people like you don't hesitate to jump all over it and then say... oh all in fun. I don't believe, for a second, this was anything less than making fun of the last few people that asked a question about what counts as "water". It must be great to be you and know everything.

seriously... go to weather.com and type in weather for NJ. It was raining here this morning. That is why I asked the original question. Not sure why you keep saying this has to do with other posts because it doesn't. I should know, i created it. seriously.. weather.com
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I accidentally peed on myself......Does that count towards my 8 oz of H2O

Were you wearing a stilth suit?

All hail, Muad'Dib...
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    We didn't want to have to say this, but...

it was a joke.

We're laughing with, not at.

Yes, you are right. It was just a joke. It was a joke to all of you. It is not a joke to the obese/overweight person that is that way because they are not educated on nutrition. It was a legitamate question for them. Some thing they never realized they would be made fun of for asking. You all are grown *kitten* people that find pleasure in making fun of people. Bullies aren't just kids... they grow up to be adults that go on thinking making fun of people is "just a joke".

Wow, do you find any joy in ANYTHING? Are you telling me you've never taken the piss out of a friend who said something daft? It's not important what is said, it is the intent that matters. And no one here means any ill so unbunch your panties sweetheart

Do you feel better about yourself yet? Like you've done your part to make the world a better place? I sure hope so. (Give yourself a gold star from me for your efforts.)

Meanwhile, people are probably going to continue posting things that they find humorous in this particular section of MFP. Much of it will probably be related to "serious questions" they have noticed in the other sections. You might consider avoiding this section if that type of humor bothers you.

Or alternatively, you can report the posts and expedite their inevitable demise. That seems to be the MFP norm.

So please make sure when one of your kids comes to you and says that kids are making fun of them, you tell your kid.... hey it is all in fun. Tell your kid that being made fun of is actually humorous.

Maybe then your kid could develop a working sense of humor:)
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    stupid google chrome... makes me double post... either that or it was the vodka... I swear I thought it was water

If your brain thinks that vodka is water, can you log it as water?
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    My dog eats his poop sometimes.

If you eat your own poop, are you "logging" it?
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    Please help me stop...this thread is killing me.LMAO