My new obsession...Spinning!

Options
124»

Replies

• erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It does get easier on the butt... Also vaseline is your best friend. Proper vaseline.. The cheap stuff doesn't work the same x

Are we still talking about Spin here?
  • vodkaflipflop
    vodkaflipflop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've become completely obsessed with spinning over the last few months, I started out just doing one 'beginner' class a week, but now seem to have got myself in a routine of 5 sessions a week - including one double session!

Only problem I find is that the pedals hurt my feet through my trainers, I guess I will need to invest in some cycling shoes... and definitely need some vaseline! :)
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Been doing spin off and on for years. I have recently stepped it up and am now taking a one hour class 4 times for week and I love it!!! There is no better burn. Welcome to the spin club.
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I started spinning a few weeks ago and I HATE it!!! But I keep going because I'm sure it's going to help me. I found it difficult to judge how much effort to give the first week and thought I was going to be physically sick, so now I always give a little less than I think I can give, and by the end I'm always exhausted and covered in sweat! But my butt really really does hurt for days afterwards. My teacher plays some really good songs, but I'm worried that I will begin to associate "Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons with butt-pain and I'll grow to hate it!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    did you take the class bc of that thread on here yesterday where women were claiming to experience the big "O" during spin class??

All I can say is I've been teaching it 8 years and I must be doing it wrong.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I should have known better than to get excited by the title of this thread. I immediately thought Spinning as in yarn, which is what *I* do. :)

I love that kind of spinning too! Fiber addict!!
  • boothyyyy
    boothyyyy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went to my first ever Spinning session last night! It was definitely better than expected, plus im not as sore today as I thought I would be!

It makes you feel a lot better about yourself after than any other class I have been too so far and the energy in the room seemed to keep me going if that makes sense ha! Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be going again :D
  • kuykesh
    Options
    I have been spinning for 2 months now. 4-5 days per week. I do not seem to be losing additional weight which is really disappointing. But my endurance is better and I know I'm getting healthier. I would be lying if I said the scale does not matter. It DOES!!!!!! hope I'm not soing something wrong...
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started spin classes about a month and a half ago. At first I didn't love it, but now I do because of the calorie burn!! Your bum will get used to the seat, but padded shorts are a good idea too.