I'm a size 1? When did this happen?!?!

Options

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yes, our minds do play tricks on us don't they. I remember as a teenager that I had gone through a stage of wearing the same size clothes as my Mom, like a 9/10. But, then I slimmed down mid teens into size 5's, and I still always thought of myself as being bigger than my "skinny" friends. Looking back, I realize we were the same size. But, I couldn't see it then. Now I'm pushing 40 and hoping I can get down to a 10, maybe an 8, and actually FEEL that I am healthy/thin without my brain playing that mean trick on me.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations on your achievement :D
    I hope to someday accomplish this with a size 10/12! Thank you for your inspiration :D

*I am 5'9", I don't anticipate I will ever be smaller than a size 10/12, which is fine with me seeing as I am a 22/24 now.

Don't be so sure. I"m 5'11" and in a 6. I've been a 2 in the past.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". This is the smallest I've ever been. Well, discounting the fact that I was once a toddler....

^^^^ RITHLMAO
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    great job!!! what an awesome accomplishment!
  • Arkani7
    Arkani7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)) this is amazing and a very inspiring story!

I did some research on the internet, but I still can't imagine what a size 1 is.
    Does anyone know what it is in sizes like XS/S/M/L etc.? Or even better, does anyone know what's the equivalent German size, like 36/38 etc? :laugh:
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling :D
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    I agree the aha moments are the best. Congrats and WTG!

I just wanted to say, though, that I have fond memories of being a size 12. I think I'd give my right arm to be a size 12 right now. And, of course, when I WAS a size 12, I felt like an elephant. Are we ever really free of the "I'm fat" demon?

Welcome to the internalizing-the-success faze of operations. Best of luck!
  • cinnamon471
    cinnamon471 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow! i bet u feel great though! :smile:
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good For You!!! Im trying to get there...
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing for you! :flowerforyou:
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    what a great NSV!!! You are so tiny! Great job!
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    an important podcast from NPR for everyone on MFP to listen to:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=161168231&m=161421413
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is very cool!

Well, yesterday I went shopping and tried on 6...and then 4...and the 4 was too loose- I was shocked. I think sizes in that brand *has* to be vanity sizing though, because I am mostly in 6-8.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I agree the aha moments are the best. Congrats and WTG!

I just wanted to say, though, that I have fond memories of being a size 12. I think I'd give my right arm to be a size 12 right now. And, of course, when I WAS a size 12, I felt like an elephant. Are we ever really free of the "I'm fat" demon?

Welcome to the internalizing-the-success faze of operations. Best of luck!

And no we are never free.
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you NSV!! I would be devastated if I had to wear a size 1 or even a 4 for that matter. I love my lady lumps!!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! Congratts! Just gave me lot of hope... I was also a tight size 10. (I'm very short so that's big for me) And I never in a million gazillion years thought I'd ever get passed size 5. In fact i never even considered the possibility.

Last week I went shopping for pants because the size 5's i bought recently were falling off. I could not believe I was a size 3. I was literally in shock... i tried on like 5 other pants to "Verify" this lol

great feeling.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So awesome!

I had a friend (we no longer speak), she was totally one of those alpha females & annoyingly perfect...anyway...

So growing up she who would eat like a 1/2lb of pasta at a sitting, lots of carbs, chips, crap whatever & into our 20's was never bigger then maybe a size 2. Realistically probably not over a size 1.

I remember her dragging me into a store call 5-7-9. The biggest size was a 9. I think we were 19 or 20 yrs old. I was a size 16/18 probably so I never felt comfy in there since I figured everyone was looking at me like "whats with the cow? She can't fit into anything" She would grab size 1 or 2 even though they were ALWAYS too big & then yell for me or the sales lady that ""ohhhh I must need a 0 or 00".

I don't know that it annoyed me more that she would drag me in there, always pick sizes too big when the right size was also on the rack. Or that ANY store actually made a size 00. Thats called the kids department MOTHER F'ER!!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Very inspiring. I doubt I will ever be that small but since I currently wear 24s, getting down to even 14s will feel great. I think all the inspiration on this site will help keep me motivated so I can have a similar moment.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you NSV!! I would be devastated if I had to wear a size 1 or even a 4 for that matter. I love my lady lumps!!!

I hated mine.
    With the exception of my chesticle area. Which also went out the door with the rest of me.
  • Nicolelovestocook
    Options
    Wow!!! That's amazing to know! I'm between a size 10 and 8 right now. I used to be a size 14 in college! So I'm really glad to see that if someone else can do it, then so can I! =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!