I'm a size 1? When did this happen?!?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I bet ou look amazing
    I had the same revelation yesterday in fact. Went to buy jeans for my 30th HS reunion in a few days. The sales lady asked me what size I was and I told her I had no idea. I had been working out and eating better but I'm usually between a 12 and a 14. She looked at me and said no way honey. And gave me a 9/10. No way were they gonna fit. They fit. And not the so tight you can't eat or sit down fit. They were very comfortable. I probably could have gone for a 7/8 as long as I didn't eat or sit. :laugh: but decided to go for comfort.

I can't tell you how much that meant to me.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I bet ou look amazing
    I had the same revelation yesterday in fact. Went to buy jeans for my 30th HS reunion in a few days. The sales lady asked me what size I was and I told her I had no idea. I had been working out and eating better but I'm usually between a 12 and a 14. She looked at me and said no way honey. And gave me a 9/10. No way were they gonna fit. They fit. And not the so tight you can't eat or sit down fit. They were very comfortable. I probably could have gone for a 7/8 as long as I didn't eat or sit. :laugh: but decided to go for comfort.

I can't tell you how much that meant to me.

Yup- it's great feeling. It's also a great feeling when those start to fit a lot looser. [<-- only downside to losing weight, you have to invest in another whole wardrobe. My living floor is full of my old clothes all folded and separated into pants, shirts, skirts, shorts, dressy tops, tshirts, etc. I hate the fact that I have to get rid of everything I loved! I'm hoping to take it to a consignment store so I can at least get a little cash to put towards a tinier wardrobe!]
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing happen. While realizing the smallest size is too big I'm looking around thinking, "What do the skinny people wear?" I don't know what Gap sizing is like, but I can only shop in junior sizes now at some stores. (Still wondering what the skinny people wear if they're too mature for juniors sizing and aren't rich enough to buy designer clothes).
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome victory! Woohoo!
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I felt that way when I fit into size 5 shorts. Then I gained the weight back, and I'm a size 9. I lost weight waaay too fast then, so I'm focusing on losing slowly {if that's possible?}.

Anyways, CONGRATS!! The day I'm able to fit into a size 1 will be a glorious day. The smallest I've been in my teen/adult life is a size 2. Those were the days. -strums steel guitar-
  • MaryKaye1959
    Options
    Could only find that a US size 4 is a UK size 6.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing happen. While realizing the smallest size is too big I'm looking around thinking, "What do the skinny people wear?" I don't know what Gap sizing is like, but I can only shop in junior sizes now at some stores. (Still wondering what the skinny people wear if they're too mature for juniors sizing and aren't rich enough to buy designer clothes).

Haha yeah, I wonder that too sometimes. If I'm wearing a size 2 pants at American Eagle, it makes me wonder what these skinny, skinny little high school girls are wearing. They seem like they're half my size.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an awesome NSV!

I'm 5'9" so I'll never wear a size 1 or 2, but I'm okay with that. One day DH and I were in American Eagle and I picked up a pair of shorts that were size 00 - I think my 3 year old could wear them! I don't even know what 00 means, is that smaller than 0? They look so tiny to me. At my smallest I was a size 6 and that was with a BMI around 19, so at the low end of healthy. Right now I'm wearing size 8 and I'll be surprised if I get into a 6 again, just because I've had two babies and my weight has settled into my hips and rear.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!