Replies

• Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "We'll always have Paris"..... Rick to Ilsa .....Casablanca
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Oh forgot this one:

"Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot. "

and

"Not anymore. Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. "
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why are you guys looking at me ??? you guys best be looking at me cos im a suspect............. now go find me some leads before you are all demoted to something that involves touching crap with your hands

eagle eye
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "Just put your pickle on everybody's plate, College Boy...And leave the hard stuff to me!"....My man Patrick Swayze, Dirty Dancing :brokenheart:
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black. – Spinal Tap

What are you, people? On dope? – Fast Times At Ridgemont High
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh forgot this one:

"Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot. "

and

"Not anymore. Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. "

Love love LOVE that movie.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    inspire-others-18_zpsc98f77c8.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    "it's not that i'm lazy, bob. it's that i just don't care."
    --Office Space

"**** it, dude. let's go bowling"
    --The Big Lebowski

"So what? So let's dance!"
    --Caddyshack
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Let me preced this with a note saying that I do NOT condone the use of the N word, but I love this movie SO damn much and this speech was just so perfect in the moment......

"You know I read a lot. Especially things that have to do with history. I find that **** fascinating. In fact, I don’t know if you know this or not, Sicilians were spawned by ******s. It’s a fact. Sicilians have black blood pumping through their hearts. If you don’t believe me, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago the Moors conquered Sicily. And Moors are n*ggers. Way back then, Sicilians were like the wops in northern Italy. They all had blonde hair and blue eyes. But, once the Moors moved in there, they changed the whole country. They did so much ****ing with the Sicilian women, huh, that they changed the whole blood-line forever, that’s why blonde hair and blue eyes to black hair and dark skin. I find it absolutely amazing to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, Sicilians still carry that ****** gene. I’m quoting history. It’s written. It’s a fact. It’s written. Your ancestors were n*ggers. Your great, great, great, great, great-grandmother ****ed a n*gger, and she had a half-n*gger kid. That is a fact. Now tell me, am I lyin’? Cuz you, you’re part eggplant"

And the other from the same movie (I actually have this one tattooed on my finger)
    "You're so cool"
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    "not you fat Jesus" I know it's wrong....but wow is it funny...........shew...:laugh:
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth."- A Few Good Men-Col. Nathan R. Jessup
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    "No one thinks this'll work, do they?"
    "No.".... "But you just described the beginning of every great success story."

John Cusack and Ione Sky, "Say Anything"

"I'm INCARCERATED"!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    "Janie's a pretty typical teenager. Angry, insecure, confused. I wish I could tell her that's all going to pass, but I don't want to lie to her. "

" I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined our street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday. "

---Almost makes me wish I believed in an afterlife.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Not my absolute favorite but one I really love. Lono from Suicide Kings:

Well, if you give me a couple minutes of your time, I got a few things I'd like to talk to ya about. You know, eh, what you did wasn't really your fault. It's what you call, a eh, genetic defect. Mom called it the, the gene. My Grandfather had the gene, he eh, came over from the boat from Ireland in 1912 and I guess he passed it on to my Old Man. My Old Man was a great guy, a real ***** cat, you know hard worker. Big sports fan, but sometimes on his way home from the docks he liked to stop in with the guys and have a couple of beers, ya know. I remember coming home from school one day, and eh, the whole house was dark. Couldn't figure it out. I heard my Mom crying off in the dark someplace, and I was old enough at that point I could reach the light switch. I turned the lights on, and I saw, what he did to her. So I went to my room and I got, the eh, baseball bat. Mikey Mantel model my Old Man give me for Christmas, and I found the Old Man passed out in the bathtub, and I tattooed him. Needless to say, when I came home everyday from school after that, the eh, house is lit up like Ebbet's Field, and the Old Man eh, never drank again. So all I'm saying to you is if you wanna drink, you go ahead and drink. But if I ever find out that you laid your hands on that little girl again, me and Mr. Mantle are gonna pay you a visit my friend.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: You know why I still hit that shot?
    Romeo Posar: Yeah, because it's the only way you could beat Dave Simms.
    Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: No.
    Romeo Posar: 'Cause it was that look in your face...
    Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: I hit it again because that shot was a defining moment, and when a defining moment comes along, you define the moment... or the moment defines you.

Tin Cup-Kevin Costner and Cheech Marin
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fukkked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fukkkin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fukkk am I funny, what the fukkk is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Ya mutherfokkker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering pr!ck ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    You know what they say, If you can't say anything nice about someone come sit by me.....Steel Magnolias
  • MemoirsOfaDame
    MemoirsOfaDame Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!"

lmfao !
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    "Frankly my dear I don't give a Damn"
  • ninisez30
    ninisez30 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Matrix: "Sully remember when I told you I would kill you last?"
    Sully: "That's right Matrix you did!!!"
    Matrix: "I Lied!!!"

-Commando