sarcasm spill over...huddle up guys...

Options

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ok prolific posters of the chit chat. Can we please limit sarcasm outside of the chit chat. Too many noobies on here looking for genuine advice, and it's difficult for them to understand and accept sometimes. It just makes it hard to get any kind of good information. As annoying as noobies are, they need to be cut some slack.

I know we've seen it all a million times and we all get annoyed at reposts and that nobody knows how to use the search functions, but can we limit the grief to somebody doing something guache or stupid here (chit chat boards).

Just noticed a run of a little too much sarcasm even for my liking on the fitness, nutrition, and diet boards.

Apparently we can't be sarcastic here either. I suggest that we lay the sarcasm to rest funeral style. Anyone want to play taps? I'll go get my gun for the salute.

He was being sarcastic? Damn, and here I thought all you people would now be real supportive of me....:sad:
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm just here for the hugs. And Sheldon Cooper memes ♥
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this kind of cycles around and around.

no one ever tells us ok now lol youre going a bit crazy with the awesome information and motivation- let's kick back a little and let them figure it out on their own for a change. But when we get worn down after a couple months of dealing with ungrateful stubborn idgits... sometimes sarcasm flairs up.

I agree that tons of the newbs dont deserve it, but we get in trouble all the time and we still try to help anyway.

You yell at someone who usually goes without any kind of thanks 9 times out of ten, because they occasionally get snarky on a rough day... you know what? They will eventually stop caring enough to help at all.

Please, if youre going to correct us when we get too sarcastic... at least have the decency to post a thread thanking everyone when they are more helpful than usual as well.

Lets not be lopsided in favor of the ignorant everytime ok?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    dc297dc3b0cef23331f088895043242b.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. When people use sarcasm it is only because they have nothing good to say. Sarcasm is a form of negativity...when people dish out sarcastic comments, it is from something in side of themselves they aren't happy with.

the most helpful thing i think I can say to that is that I think you misunderstood my intentions...

I got them, and I already do it.

In my country, sarcasm is a very common form of humour. It's not my fault people are too dumb to get it, but I always make them in the chit chat forum.
    I usually try to make it really really super massively obvious I'm being sarcastic, but I often overestimate people.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You guys are killing me. The pics are cracking me up.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    6dz3ip.jpg1
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    dc297dc3b0cef23331f088895043242b.gif

Winner!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ... it is from something in side of themselves they aren't happy with.

I gotta take a dump... not happy with it.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    Done.... sarcasm now removed from the forums. Such a happy place now.... lets conquer world peace now...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Sage wisdom from my dad: If you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    While we arenat it can we please limit the amount of people telling everyone else what ToDo? I have seen a prolific amount of posts telling everyone what to and not to do.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I agree, as long as I can still pm them pictures of my junk
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If this isn't sarcastic I'm going to kick you in the taco.

LOL!!!!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Sage wisdom from my dad: If you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer.

sage advice from my grade five teacher...

if you don't know the answer, then the question isn't stupid...

this is going to turn into a chicken/egg argument isn't it.....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    IBT thread reaches critical mass of awesomeness and explodes.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    this kind of cycles around and around.

no one ever tells us ok now lol youre going a bit crazy with the awesome information and motivation- let's kick back a little and let them figure it out on their own for a change. But when we get worn down after a couple months of dealing with ungrateful stubborn idgits... sometimes sarcasm flairs up.

I agree that tons of the newbs dont deserve it, but we get in trouble all the time and we still try to help anyway.

You yell at someone who usually goes without any kind of thanks 9 times out of ten, because they occasionally get snarky on a rough day... you know what? They will eventually stop caring enough to help at all.

Please, if youre going to correct us when we get too sarcastic... at least have the decency to post a thread thanking everyone when they are more helpful than usual as well.

Lets not be lopsided in favor of the ignorant everytime ok?

I think I'm ready to become a resident of the chit chat board. After the latest person yelling about how rude people were. And nobody was rude or sarcastic in that thread.

So, play on.

Oh, and I just creeped on a 26 year old hunk too. Is my transformation to the dark side complete?
  • karynspeace
    Options
    I agree with you. When people use sarcasm it is only because they have nothing good to say. Sarcasm is a form of negativity...when people dish out sarcastic comments, it is from something in side of themselves they aren't happy with.
    When my daughter was in 3rd grade she had to do a description of herself using her last name.
    M
    Y
    E
    R
    S - SARCASTIC... a LOT.

seriously... in THIRD grade. I don't think your description fits every shoe. Sorry. Sometimes it is just genetic. baa haa
    But for the record, I don't usually post sarcastically.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I agree, as long as I can still pm them pictures of my junk
    Yes!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

the most helpful thing i think I can say to that is that I think you misunderstood my intentions...

I got them, and I already do it.

In my country, sarcasm is a very common form of humour. It's not my fault people are too dumb to get it, but I always make them in the chit chat forum.
    I usually try to make it really really super massively obvious I'm being sarcastic, but I often overestimate people.

I didn't realize my house was a country, I'll have to start charging tarriffs and taxes.