Best thing about your home town/city?

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Nothing to like in the Inland Empire - unless you like bros and bro hoes.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    The school mascot: The Beavers
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    The elementary school my daughter attends was ranked the 10th best elementaty school in the State, my son's middle school is ranked the 2nd best middle school in the State.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    My home town, in the Santa Clara Valley (Calif.), was like Eden. Once it was all orchards and many of the fruit trees then remained. You could ride your bike around the neighborhood and eat cherries, apricots, citrus, etc., depending on the season. Also, it was at the bottom of the Santa Cruz mountains, and with a short ride on your bike, you could be on a hiking trail with spectacular views.
    Unfortunately, now it is totally overcrowded.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    My town turns one of the high school football games into a fundraiser for cancer. It's a huge thing! This was our 5th year and have raised $2 million dollars now. There was a bit about it on the Today Show last year.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    My home town is New Orleans...food, music, French Quarter, Mardi Gras, etc.

Where I currently live...Houston, TX. Everything good about living in a major metropolitan city with a strong economy. Diversity of food, people, and access to culture of all types. I'm even less than an hour from the beach.
  • I can walk for miles before there's alot of people around and it's very silent. That's how I want it right now, not sure about in future years.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    I live in Cannock UK and I've got Cannock chase within 2 minutes run

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannock_Chase
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    15 miles from Mr Rushmore.. and some of the most beautiful riding in the states. Full of old west history and color! There is a reason 200,000+ biker make the pilmgrimage here ever August for the Sturgis Rally.

Just up the road aways from this man. He is soooo - RIGHT. Also, the sacredness of the Black Hills is something you can feel that keeps you here. BTW I have lived and worked in many areas of this great country, and CHOSE this as my home.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Scouse land! Nothing more to say. :D
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    :drinker: Bars don't close,:flowerforyou: Beautiful crystal clear skies and Lake Tahoe
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    The food, the walking-friendly neighborhoods, the music, and the weird. I love Portland!!
    And in any direction, you are 1 hour from beach, skiing, hiking, and wine country. Beat THAT I dare you!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    We have one of the most beautiful clothing optional beaches around.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    It's nestled on an interstate highway which allows smart people to move the hell out of it.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    The new amphitheater on the river in downtown. Very cool.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Notre Dame, the Studebaker museum, and the South Bend Chocolate factory
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    After it rains it smells like wet cedar and sage here, aaaaaaaah.....
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Dallas Cowboys!!!!!! Texas Rangers!!!!!!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Current city is Lake Havasu City, AZ - it gets bloody hot but we don't have to shovel snow like we did in my hometown Kirkville, NY!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Dallas Cowboys!!!!!! Texas Rangers!!!!!!

I like you. :):flowerforyou: