Best thing about your home town/city?

Replies

• It's where I met my husband and had my child and it's in the South.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I still consider PA my home so: My entire family is there...it's less than an hour from Philly...only a couple of hours to the Delaware shore.

As for Reno: it's a 24-hour town; it's less than an hour from Lake Tahoe
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    my hometown has won 9 of the last 10 4A football state championships (8 were my high school and the other was out rival)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Notre Dame, the Studebaker museum, and the South Bend Chocolate factory
    Best chocolate factory ever!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    It's small, quiet, beautiful in every season, and there's a nice lake right down the street from my house.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Nothing. I do not like my city where i live. :ohwell:
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    There's at least 8 bars within 3 miles of my house.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Nothing to like in the Inland Empire - unless you like bros and bro hoes.

:noway:
    I'm neither!!

We are the last stop on Bugs Bunny's train!

Last stop: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRancho COOOOOOOOOOOOcamonga!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    :drinker: Bars don't close,:flowerforyou: Beautiful crystal clear skies and Lake Tahoe

Reno isn't quite Hell, but you can see Sparks from there :laugh: :wink:

I lived in Reno for a decade.

When I came (back) to Cali, I was SHOCKED to learn of this bizarre phenomenon called "last call" WTFFFF HAHAH
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    I am live there, so that is best thing about it :bigsmile:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    San Diego, California :bigsmile: the best thing is definatly the weather and the beaches:tongue:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    i live in an University town so there's a lot of cute college girls everywhere from all races/ethnicities :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    The food!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    I just completed my daily jog during my lunch break, along the beautiful Ala Moana Beach. There were at least three girls wearing thongs, so lots of eye candy to get some additional motivation. :wink:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member

And Fresno is two hours from the coast, less than that to the high Sierras, so escape is easy. :bigsmile:

The towns and their good parts
    San Diego, Balboa Park and beaches

Santa Cruz beaches, beaches, beaches, redwoods a few clubs, but close to SF and SJ with great clubs

Miami beach; beaches, snorkeling great clubs

Atlanta; lots and lots of good food, 6 flags, real southern brewed sweet tea and BBQ and great clubs

Harrisburg, PA it has a river? Hershey Park? Sadly, I've lived in Harrisburg longer than any other city and it's the worst I've ever lived in! Only 1 or 2 clubs, but we're close to DC, phili, baltimore and NYC
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    I live on the westcoast of Vancouver Island (Parksville) and there is so much to love! The gorgeous beaches, the mountains, the small town atmosphere and great local restaurants. I'm 10 minutes away from a gorgeous lake and a two minute walk from the ocean. It's awesome!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Nothing, that is why I left!
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    The beautiful 900 year old cathedral. Architecture and culture in Durham are the reasons we have so many tourists even though its a very small city.
  • I live in Naples, Fl... beautiful beaches and a terrific public school system (lol, what can I say? I'm a mommy first) :laugh:
  • embjojo
    embjojo Posts: 29 Member
    I have a beach front apartment on the beautiful South Coast of England.
    Love the long walks along the beach.