It's Friday......What are you making for dinner?

Options
13»

Replies

• flrelady
    flrelady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love that baby gauge you have, I have a grandbaby on the way. My daughter in law is 3.5 months along.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The kids and DH are eating pizza. I hate them! I used to join them for the pizza, but can't eat it anymore because of milk allergies. I did have a moment of hope when staring at the organic freezer section, because there was an Amy's pizza made with soy cheese, but it still had milk proteins in it. Damn Damn and Double Damn.

I have no idea what I'm eating. Nothing sounds as good as pizza, lol...

I do have some leftover rotisserie chicken. And there's some ham in the fridge. I guess I'll just have whatever I scrape together.

My family has LOTS of different food allergies and milk is one of them. We have ordered pizza with out cheese alot of times. I personally enjoy my pizza better with out cheese and LOADED with veggies :)
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love white chicken chili, haven't made it in a while and now I'm craving it! Tonight I am making catfish cakes (like crab cakes) I've never made them before, so we'll see how they turn out. I'm having it with some thin cut jicama with chili powder and lime juice.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tonight my family is having Chicken breasts(marinated in newman's own low fat sesame dressing), steamed broccoli and brown rice.

GO COLTS!!!!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hungry girl's bean n cheese enchiladas and salad
  • halfpint71
    halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Venison Chili
    Big Salad
    Small piece of Cornbread
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me! In our house it will pizza night. I will just eat a lower cal version and lots of salad.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I love that baby gauge you have, I have a grandbaby on the way. My daughter in law is 3.5 months along.

:smile: It's kind of fun, too. Just go to baby-gaga.com and you can get one for your grandbaby! (Pregnancy is SO much easier when its happening to someone else!:laugh: )

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think I might try out this "Subway Marinara" sauce recipe I found over italian chicken meatballs.

Subway Marinara Sauce

olive oil spray

¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1 1/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes

¼ cup water

2 teaspoons sugar

2 teaspoons dried oregano

1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Lightly mist a large nonstick skillet with oil spray. Set over medium heat. In the skillet, combine the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften but not brown. Reduce the heat to low. Add the tomatoes, water, sugar, oregano and oil. Stir to blend well. Refrigerate up to 1 week until ready to use.

Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches

Each serving: 57 calories, 2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, trace sat. fat, 2 g fiber
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I just made a pot of low sodium chicken noodle soup with whole wheat rotini noodles. It's cold down here in GA and my daughter and I are wanting some comfort food!

White bean chili sounds so good though...I'll have to make that soon!

Oh and sweet potato fries are awesome. I like them in chip form....yummy!!!
  • inkaddict
    Options
    Something on the george foreman grill. Probably salmon and zuchinni. So easy. Literally no thought or time required.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Shrimp stir fry with TONS of veggies :):)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Just finished eating: Pear salad with dijon vinaigrette (homemade,) pan-roasted brussels sprouts sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and my very first pot roast which, unfortunately, was kind of a failure. Glad I saved some of the red wine for drinking.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    not so healthy...post roast and mashed potatoes. I might try sweet potatoe fries tonight too. :-)
    Good luck!

what do you mean? this can be really healthy! how did you make it?
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    Yeah... I did Outback. Dad had a gift card. It was bad. *hides in shame*

But I worked out this morning and burned 1200 calories, so I am redeemed!!!
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My husband and I burned a lot of calories from walking yesterday, and had eaten VERY low cal stuff all day, so we treated ourselves to some home made sukiyaki, rice, octopus (yeah I know-that's his thing) and some sake.