ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sometimes - "If your not cheating your not trying". I'll bet even Chalean would agree it is a good thing to keep our muscles confused and a break from routine is exactly the right thing to do occasionally. Especially if you are listening to your body and mind.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Don't you love it when life throws a monkey wrench into your plans! First Nick's grandpa had a stroke and was in a coma and then yesterday I had to take my dog to the emergency vet cuz he was wheezing up white foam and barfing. UGH!!! Freaking dog.....I'm exhausted today from being so worried! Good thing I have today off. Gotta get back on the horse.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ok I've switched around my schedule since FI was complaining all I cared about was doing my videos and not helping out around the house (which is a lie...but I digress)...so I started for 1st day working on in morning before work and man was it hard. I noticed I was more tired...struggle more through the workout and have been dragging butt all day. I realized I needed more sleep but other than that will it get easier to get out of bed and do a good workout in the mornings? Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of the workout in morning vs afternoon/evening? Just curious...I'm a bit resentful I have to get up early to do this but I refuse to give it up- as Chalene says, you deserve the time for you to do it!

I had this problem where I needed more time in the evenings for other things (family events, household chores, fun time). I felt like I was getting home from work, working out, then doing chores and then time for bed. So I made it a goal to start getting up early in the AM (5am) to get my workouts on before I had to get ready for work. Now, I actually prefer it. I have to go to bed at 10pm in order to feel rested enough. But, I ended up getting off my plateau doing that. I was at a plateau for 4 months and then I started working out in the morning (which also gave me more calories for the day since I was up for much longer), and I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. It was crazy! My metabolism has sky-rocketed and I have so much more energy for the day. Plus, now I can use my evenings to do fun things, and getting my workout in the morning helps me to avoid the days where I get home from work and "I just don't feel like it". Hope it works for you! I think having personal time to be able to work out is so important as well.

Do you eat before you work out? I have been thinking about switching to morning workouts, but wasn't sure about timing breakfast.

Cassie

Cassie-- I think it really depends on the person. I personally do not eat anything before heading to the gym in the early AM. Typically its best to let your food settle for 2 hours before exercising. However, there are times when I have a little pain in my stomach and feel light-headed so I will eat a slice of an apple or something right before I head out the door at 5am.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Don't you love it when life throws a monkey wrench into your plans! First Nick's grandpa had a stroke and was in a coma and then yesterday I had to take my dog to the emergency vet cuz he was wheezing up white foam and barfing. UGH!!! Freaking dog.....I'm exhausted today from being so worried! Good thing I have today off. Gotta get back on the horse.

hope things start looking a little brighter! hope you get a little relaxing time too!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Got back on the horsey and started week three today. :bigsmile:
  • afeinberg
    afeinberg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me too - lots of stuff going on personally - husband wanting to move out, crying all the time, so depressed and overwhelemed that all i want to do is sit with a bowl of ice cream and then go to bed.

But i need to keep to my routine - it helps me clear my head and focus

so week 3 it is
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Wow Allison.....that takes a lot of discipline to to keep at it like that with all you are going through. I'm the opposite...when I'm stressed and going through something like that I stop eating.

Keep up the work!
  • stormywxs
    Options
    I am so amazed at all of your stories and how you still manage to keep up with such success. I have no excuses except my own lazy self. Two weeks into Chalean and no weight results yet. I do feel stronger and I think my tone is improving but it my just be me looking through my rose colored glasses. Anyway, I'm going to keep pressing on with CE. I'm also going to keep tuned in to this thread to keep me motivated to stay up with all of you. Keep it up fellow CEers.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I am so amazed at all of your stories and how you still manage to keep up with such success. I have no excuses except my own lazy self. Two weeks into Chalean and no weight results yet. I do feel stronger and I think my tone is improving but it my just be me looking through my rose colored glasses. Anyway, I'm going to keep pressing on with CE. I'm also going to keep tuned in to this thread to keep me motivated to stay up with all of you. Keep it up fellow CEers.

As far as the weight goes you are probably going to gain weight in the first month. Don't get discouraged. A lot of it is water that the muscles are holding on to so they can repair all the damage you are doing when you are lifting. Totally normal. Don't let it get to you!
  • fourmommy
    fourmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am finishing week 3 of CE and I do love it. I have added more cardio this week becuase I have not been losing any weight and I have about 80# to lose. Any suggestions or insights from anyone on this and what they did to move the scales. I know eating clean is a huge issue too.
    Thanks
    Beth
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi Extremers! I did Burn 3 today...and holy cow I cannot feel my legs. Its interesting to see how much improvement has been made since when I first started the program and did the Burn phase. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!! My legs are wobbly. Had a nice dinner afterwards. Now I'm going to hit the gym tonight and play some volleyball with some friends. Its a fun and entertaining way to burn some calories! Yippee!
  • sam4sure
    sam4sure Posts: 67
    Options

As far as the weight goes you are probably going to gain weight in the first month. Don't get discouraged. A lot of it is water that the muscles are holding on to so they can repair all the damage you are doing when you are lifting. Totally normal. Don't let it get to you!

Yes I agree- you may or may not gain weight- I retained something because my pants were tight up until the middle of the Burn circuit...I think it can take up to 4 weeks for your muscles to am finishing up the Lean circuit now. The water weight or whatever it was has subsided...and the only time I notice it is if I don't drink enough water - I have been exceeding 64 oz a day so on days where I don't, I feel more bloated. You will get great results...most of us have! Keep it up...it's worth it.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    completed burn week 3 today. i am excited about finishing week 4 strong and preparing for the push phase. still loving the burn intervals. i'm embarassed at how light a weight i use during this, but i get a great workout.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    So excited, today is the beginning of my last week of the program!!!!!
  • stormywxs
    Options
    Good news is my muscle mass is going up and my body fat down. However, my weight is up 2 pounds this week. Since starting Chalean my appetite is out of control. I feel like I'm eating like I have worms. Before Chalean I got away without replacing my exercise calories. I think lifting weights I'm not going to get away with not replacing exercise calories.

This week I want to make a pulic announcement that I will stick to my calorie budget. If I don't lose weight next week it will be because I've cheated again. I'm going to eat at least some of my exercise calories to control my ravenous appetite. See you all next week.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i completed the burn phase this morning. i will begin the push phase on sunday. in the burn phase i lost 13 pounds and i will need to update my measurements. feeling good and ready to see what's in store with the next phase. i am not a fan of extreme abs though.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hey Extremers!
    I completed my 90 days (pics are on another post under success stories) and so today I went back to doing the Burn Circuit. Man, I forgot how tough a workout that is! I used the amount of weight I had reached by week 4 when I first started the program. Woo hoo. it was a toughy! I plan to do a week of Burn, a week of Push and a week of Lean and keep rotating like that until Turbo Fire comes out! I hope you are all doing well!
    Risa
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    how heavy of weights did you start with?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    how heavy of weights did you start with?

I have 5, 8, 10, and 15.