ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been doing ChaLEAN since last year in June. I have been doing it at a much slower pace (I know that's not how it is intended to work), but I have had pretty awesome results. I don't look much more buff, but I can tell that I have a lot more muscle than I used to. I burn calories like crazy! For example, usually around Christmas time I gain an average of 5-10 pounds ( I eat a years worth of cookies all in a time span of about 2 weeks). This year I gained about 3 lbs, but I lost all of it about a week later!!! This is unheard of for me! I think all the extra muscle I have gained has really helped me burn more calories. When I have rebound moments, it seems to kick in then, too:)

The only problem I have is that when I track my calories on MFP, I can barely stand to eat the amount I am "supposed" to in order to lose 1.5 lbs/week! I am always sooooooooooooooo freakin' hungry! I was not one of those lucky people growing up with a high metabolism. I think I might have one of those now. Problem is I want to lose weight still to get down to a more healthy one. I am currently 156lbs and 5 foot 4 inches (on a good day). I wear a size 9-10 pants, and I am fairly fit all over my body except for my lovely beer belly and love handles. I would love to be at 140 or 135 (if that's even a possibility). What can I do to control my insane need to eat? I feel so light-headed and sick if I don't! I am very okay with a little starvation, but not all the damn time!

Please help. Thanks!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just completed my 1st week of CE today! Yea! I already feel better and clothes fit better. Not great, but better! LOL. So... I do not have much time to get on here and chat for this week, but after Saturday it should be better. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    way to go jessicaT..i did my day 2 last nigt and love it.. will be feeling it for a while. i think. it is a great workout... looking forward to tonights workout....
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen - We are at the same spot in the program. Cool. I will be doing day 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Good luck!
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got all of my ChaLean stuff and I'm so excited to start. So no way can I wait until after Mexico. I put together a schedule that will start on February 15th. I've incorporated running and yoga into my schedule so I won't be falling the exact schedule as ChaLean. Some weeks I will end up only doing 2 ChaLean workouts. I decided that I can't let "life events" get in the way and I can work around them.

No way can I just look at the package until March 15th!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    Hey Jen - We are at the same spot in the program. Cool. I will be doing day 2 tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Good luck!

ya yoga...It will be cool to have someone that is in the same spot exactly.. thats funny.. looking forward to it all... we how we do.. dont let each other slip....

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Jen - Right there with ya!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just did Burn circuit 3 and Ab Burner. I've kept up with my workouts this week and I feel awesome! My eating habits are only a tad better this week but I'm working on it. Is it dorky that I got excited about being able to use 10 lbs on my shoulders? Lol! :tongue:

I noticed a lot of you are adding other workouts in addition to the CE program... Do you guys think I'll still get results if I don't have time to add extra cardio??? I'm a little worried about this. Maybe a stupid question, idk...

So, good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Jenna423 - Great job! I just did Burn Circuit 2 for the first time today. Loved it. That bowling move is killer! As for your question, I'd love to know the answer to that too. I am adding CLE to my routing which for the last year has been primarily cardio (I am a runner and have done two half marathons and 1 full marathon). So, I am trying to keep up with my conditioning for running while adding CLE to build muscle. I really want to get rid of my muffin top!! So, I add cardio to the CLE routine for this reason. I hope someone more knowledgeable than me answers! Good luck:smile:
  • mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 of burn phase tomorrow. So far i love it. I have not missed one workout and have bought heavier weights. I love ChaLEAN!!!! So I am going to vegas on Thursday the 11th. I will have all of my week 4 strength done before I go. I won't get back until late on Monday night. My strength days are Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. So I should be starting week one push phase on Sunday 2-14. What should I do? I figured I could get some cardio in while in vegas but strength?
    Melissa
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Ok, I just did Burn Intervals and Ab Burner for the first time. Wow. Some of the moves kicked my butt! So glad I am in my basement where no one can see me because I look like a total dork when I do boxing moves! As for the ab burner...glad its only 10 minutes. I look forward to mastering this so that it seems too short, rather than like an eternity!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I was intending to start C25K week 3 yesterday... but after spending 3 hrs shoveling 20" of snow, let's just say I'm still a little sore. :huh:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    LOL Brangwen! We had 33.8 inches of snow here. My husband shoveled our driveway while I did my CLE workout! I'm bad, I know :-):bigsmile: We are still waiting for a plow to get to our street and they are calling for 6-12 more inches beginning tomorrow.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    Hope you all had a great weekend! I was able to get my 5 mile run in this weekend as well as a LEAN circuit. It felt great! Tonight is a cardio & Lean circuit and I am really excited-especially since this morning I woke up feeling like crap! Mostly because I got some major cravings last night around 9pm...and my body can't handle eating that late. Oh well, I'm back on track today and excited to kick my butt into gear!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    LOL Brangwen! We had 33.8 inches of snow here. My husband shoveled our driveway while I did my CLE workout! I'm bad, I know :-):bigsmile: We are still waiting for a plow to get to our street and they are calling for 6-12 more inches beginning tomorrow.

I had to look at your profile to see where you were... LOL! I'm just N.E. of Philly, so we got spared just a bit. :laugh:
    I felt bad sending DH out to shovel alone, so I dug out our cars while he did the driveway... not sure which was worse, the driveway or the drifts up against the cars that were mid-thigh on me. :noway:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    The plows just came down our street. Now my DH is *****ing about what was left by them at the end of the driveway. Guess I better go help him!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The plows just came down our street. Now my DH is *****ing about what was left by them at the end of the driveway. Guess I better go help him!

Chicago is expecting a foot tonight and tomorrow, so I am using the shoveling as cardio!!!!!
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me butting in. I'm doing ChaLean extreme too. I staretd it a couple of weeks ago, but due to some issues I got sidetracked, and now I'm starting over. I did day 1 of the Burn Circuit yesterday at 6:30am. It was tough, and I'm so sore today. Lol. I felt a little queasy afterwards. Today is a rest day, and tomorrow I'm back in business!

I also don't have the fat burning food guide, so I hope if I simply stick 1400-1600 calories on my workout days, and eat a high protein low fat diet, with plenty of produce... I'll be doing ok. After all diet is a really big factor in weight loss. I have 15kg to lose, so I hope Chalene helps me get off to a good start. I want to refrain from weighing myself until the end of the Burn Phase.

I have to say it's nice to have a thread where we can all cheer each other on. I hope checking in here with my progress will help keep me motivated. :bigsmile:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    StrongResolve: Welcome! It's great to have another voice here.
    I just finished Burn It Off and Recharge today. That means week one is complete! Yay! Tomorrow is a day off and I'm likely to be snowed in again. I think I might do the Ab burner because I was so blown away by how hard it was the first time. I want to conquer it! Have a great day everyone.
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    I haven't done the Ab Burner yet, but I've got a feeling it's goin to be so tough. One of my biggest weaknesses is convincing myself to finish something extremely hard. I'm a beginner to fitness and exercise, and push ups are a big weakness for me. I can barely do knee push ups lol. So I can only imagine how hard the Ab Burner exercise will be for me to see through. I guess self-confidence is another thing I have to work on.