ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• jenstalder
    Options
    :bigsmile: strongresolve
    i believer you can do it.. it is a killer workout but it is poss. i look forward to seeing the results.. good luck.
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    Ok... working out this morning didn't work out, as my son woke up a little earlier than expected lol. But I'm planning on working out in the afternoon instead. No excuses, just gotta get a move on!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    StrongResolve - I hear you with having the strength to push through something difficult. But if your username is an indicator, you already have it in you to do it. Much of exercise or reaching physical goals is mental. Use as many positive mental images and phrases as you need and you will get through it. All the best to you
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    Last night I went for a nice jog for about 45 minutes and then later I was able to start my 2nd week on the LEAN phase. I love it. It is a littler longer (45 minutes), but I love that the workouts are focusing on my arms, legs, AND core. I hope I will see more results in my mid-section as that is always my problem area. I love Chalene and her motivation (even though her outfits are a little out there..haha! But, I love that she's not afraid to be crazy). I love the soreness that follows a good workout. It really gives me a sense of accomplishment, and motivates me to keep going because I know that my body is getting stronger.

My husband has gotten the "running bug" recently, so now I think we'll be running more. Last night he suggested we train to run a 10K this summer, so that got me excited. We are currently running 5+ miles right now, so I think we can definitely make this goal. We set up a schedule last night to keep us motivated and improving. We will try to get running in 3 times a week, and add one other type of cardio in the week. As well as our 3 days of ChaLean. And one rest day! My body loves my rest day! At first I always felt guilty, but as time has gone on and I have "listened" to my body I can feel that my body needs it and loves me for that rest.

Hope you all have a great day!!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm also snowed in again... But I have to admit I don't mind it. :tongue: Although it does make me feel lazy. :yawn:

I am on my second week of the Burn phase. I need to do Burn circuit 2 and hopefully some cardio today and since I'm stuck at home I don't really have any excuses!

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this... When you lift really heavy for the lower body and core exercises, do your arms get tired of holding the weights before your legs get tired?! Its a little too heavy for my arms but I need it that heavy to fail with my lower body.... Oh well, I just assume my upper body is weak and I deal with it! :grumble: Lol Hopefully soon I'll get past this issue.

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers! How is everyone?? I am feeling fantastic this week. I've really "upped" my workouts, not necessarily the duration, but the intensity. Last night the hubby & I went for a run at the gym. I am so glad I live so very close to the gym (less than a block) and so its just a little walk there in the cold and then on the treadmill I go. I can't wait to be running outdoors. Although I do enjoy that I can pace myself well on the treadmill and push myself. For you runners out there: When you were training (I'm training for a 10K...gotta start small and work up) did you do 1 long run during the week and 2 smaller runs? I'm averaging about 4 miles on my "short days" and on my long days I've gotten up to about 6 miles.

Tonight is LEAN! yeahhh! I am so excited. I am still feeling the effects of Tuesday's lean circuit! I'm also going to do some cardio before the CE workout, I gotta have my cardio!

Jenna- I know what you mean about your arms getting tired from holding onto the heavy weights. I use 20 pounds for my lower body, and I've tried to focus on not really gripping those weights. Because it tires out my forearms & wrists when I grip them too hard. I try to keep a light grip and then I try to relax my arms. If you need to drop down the weights because its too much pressure on your arms...that is okay too. Then you can just focus on really working the muscles. Kind of like Chalene says "make the weights 50 pounds heavier". I loooooved the Burn phase! Definitely keep track in your guidebook/workout sheet because you will be amazed at how much stronger you'll get throughout the program!
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers! How is everyone?? I am feeling fantastic this week. I've really "upped" my workouts, not necessarily the duration, but the intensity. Last night the hubby & I went for a run at the gym. I am so glad I live so very close to the gym (less than a block) and so its just a little walk there in the cold and then on the treadmill I go. I can't wait to be running outdoors. Although I do enjoy that I can pace myself well on the treadmill and push myself. For you runners out there: When you were training (I'm training for a 10K...gotta start small and work up) did you do 1 long run during the week and 2 smaller runs? I'm averaging about 4 miles on my "short days" and on my long days I've gotten up to about 6 miles.

If you're running 3 days a week then I would suggest doing 2 shorter runs during the week and yes do one long run on the weekend. There is really no need to run more then your race distance unless you really want to. If you want to make it a little more fun then you can do an easy run on one of your week day runs. I would say like 3 miles at a pace where you can hold a conversation. Then make your other run a tempo run or interval workout. That always makes training for me more exciting. Your tempo runs would not need to be that long, it will just help you work on your speed. You could do 10-15 min warm up, 10-20 minutes (start off light) of tempo work. Your pace should be about 10 seconds faster then what you are planning for your race pace and then do 5-10 minutes of cool down. I shoot for 10 minutes to let my body cool down. Also, I'm sure you know this but your long runs should be done at an easy pace too. Those runs are all about getting in the mileage. Sounds like you are ready distance wise for the 10k so maybe you can keep your distance at 6 or 7 on the weekends and work on your speed.
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    Hi all!

I got my workout in today in the evening whilst my son was being babysat by my husband. :laugh: He's only 10 months, so he can be a bit distracting if he moans for attention, lol.

I did the Burn Interval (week 1), and like a total dunce I forgot to do the Ab Burner! :sad: Maybe I can fit it in on my next rest day, or after Burn Circuit 3 on Saturday. *sighs guiltily*

I am proud of myself that I completed it, and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. I expected to pass out after 15 minutes. :laugh: And it was actually fun! I was really getting in to it. But I have to admit that I only gave 70% of my effort, and took two breaks. I'm hoping to be able to REALLY push myself in those cardio bits next week. Those plyometric bowler lunges were a bit tricky, I almost lost my balance a few times lol. And I don't know if this is normal, but I've got some light pain in my lower stomach. I don't know if I would call it a cramp, or even after-soreness. Maybe my form was bad for one of the exercises, or I over-worked a muscle? I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support everyone. It's been so very helpful. :flowerforyou: And it's encouraging to see some people on the Lean phase... hopefully that will be me in 2-3 months. :bigsmile:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back... been snowed in at home the last 2 days... no CE or C25K the last couple of days, I think shoveling 22" of snow was quite enough. :huh:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday All!

Finishing up with week 2 of the Push - and I'm loving the Push - really seeing more strength and definition.

Jenna - I'm definitely in the same boat as you although I have pretty bad tendinitis is one of my wrists and I'm noticing a lot more pain and swelling during th Push phase. I ran over to the beach body site and low and behold there is an entire thread for tendinitis and CX. I guess we should just be glad that our lower bodies are so strong. Right now I'm wrapping my wrist and that seems to be helping a lot. Plus I'm using my husbands sled machine to add hack squats and leg presses to really Push my lower body. Don't tell Chalene :wink:

Strong Resolve - I don't ever do Abs with the Intervals - For me my mid section is my biggest trouble spot so I do Abs every day that I do a Circuit (so three times a week) Ab Burner is a little rough on my neck so I only do it once a week and the other 2 days I do Ab Ripper 100 from Power 90. Next week I have to bump up to Ab Extreme (I must say I'm a little nervous).

Brangwen: I say if you were squatting or lunging while shoveling you'd have a great workout:laugh:
  • immacookie
    Options
    LOL yeah... the snow was way over my knees, so there was lots of squatting and lifting involved.. my shoulders are actually really sore today. :happy:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Thank Goodness its Friday!!! yaye!!!
    Last night I completed my custom round of Turbo Kick, and then did my LEAN circuit 2. Great workout, I was dying by the end. My husband does it with me---he loves it, he's already buff, but this program has given him some major muscle definition, and six pack abs! holla! And toward the end I was grunting and breathing heavy and he's behind me encouraging me as he's out of breath that I only have "2 more reps baby, you can do it"..haha.. he's cute. I love that he's encouraging, but not a drill sargent. My goal was to get up early this morning and get my run on...but after last night's power night I was out like a light. My body was not getting up at 5am...it wanted to rest. So, of course, I let it. Right after work I'm going to do some Turbo Kick! Have a great Friday ladies!

gmreber- thanks a lot for the advice! right now my pace is definitely not very speedy, especially on my 6 miles. I finish in about an hour. so, yeah i'm not very fast...but like you said right now I'm just trying to get the miles in. now that I'm up to about 6 miles I am going to work from now until July on gradually increasing my speed on that day. thanks for the suggestions on my weekday runs too! I am going to keep those lighter runs, and I'm definitely going to incorporate some interval/hill running. that sounds fun! definitely helps the time go by!

StrongResolve- way to go on the Burn Interval! That workout is by far, my hardest workout. Its even harder than my Saturday 6 mile run. Seriously, it is intense! It burns mega calories and gives me some great endurance so I love it! Don't sweat about not getting the Ab Burner in...I usually don't do that after the Burn Interval as I'm about ready to die.

brangwen- way to go on the shoveling girl! That is definltey a good cardio workout, especially 22 inches! holy smokes! I woke up this morning and saw some snow, and I was kind of hoping I would get snowed in today so I could just do some workouts and home and not have to come into work. But, no such luck. :)

duffyzmom- way to go on the push month girl!! I loved the PUSH month so much...I miss it dearly, haha. I am on the Lean phase, and as much as I love it...I miss the pure focus on just one muscle and really giving it your all. Keep it up!
  • StrongResolve
    Options
    Lol everyone, I was actually thinking after the workout... how do people do ABS workouts after that?! Lol now I know I'm not such a push-over, hehe. Due to some serious bad planning today, I didn't get my workout in. =[ I'm so disappointed in myself, but I do intend to put it in tomorrow. Oh and because today I had my cheat meal, and I planned it in a way that my workout would compensate for it... I went quite a bit over my limit. :grumble: So I fell on two hurdles today! But, tomorrow is another day... can't let it get me off track.

kicklikeaGIRL, I think it's so lovely that you work out with your husband! Hopefully I'll have the confidence to do that one day. I'm so out of shape (in more ways than one), thaT I force my husband to leave the room whenever I wanna work out. :laugh: :laugh: I can't wait for the day that I can do a CLX work out in front of him with full confidence and pride. :tongue: Lol.

Ok so tomorrow is Burn it off & recharge, what to expect?

Oh and btw, when I woke up this morning the discomfort in my lower stomach area was gone, so maybe it was just a temporary cramp. Thankfully it wasn't anything too serious!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just got done with some stressful school events this past week! I had my 1st out of 3 observations as a student teacher. BUT... I did not let that get in the way of my exercise schedule! I am just starting week 3 of the CE and I am so in love with a workout program! I do need to either get more weights or higher resistance on my bands tho! I looked at my body this morning (I am not going to weigh or measure myself until I reach the 30 day mark) and I could start to see a little definition in the upper ab area! I was so stunned! I do not really follow her eating plan, but I do stay within the calories she suggests and follow WW for eating. I just wanted to drop in and give a progress update since I never get a chance to during the week. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Week 3 of the Push starting today :drinker: I missed my Burn it Off/Recharge weekend over the weekend but spent all of Saturday skiing so I'm not too concerened about missing the Burn it Off and plan to do Recharge after my Circuit and Abs today. Mostly because my legs are really tight after all the skiing.

Resolve: How'd you like Burn It Off? I really like how intense it is - I'm not sure I could maintain that intensity in a longer workout but when I know I break is coming I'm okay with it.

Jessica: Congrats on seeing a change -
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am starting week 3 of the Burn circuit. I did miss some cardio last week :embarassed: but hopefully I can get it back on track this week. I've really been pushing myself with the weights, and somehow I ended up with one leg really sore and the other not so much... :noway: Hm.... lol. I got myself up to 25 pounds with the leg exercises and 10 pounds with the upper body. So I guess at least I know I'm getting stronger! :happy:

I also seem to lack on the Abs workout after pushing myself on the other workouts but usually I just think its only 10 minutes, and I'm laying on the floor, just do it! And then I do it... lol..... I have to admit that I get discouraged by the ab workout because its hard while I'm doing it but my abs are never sore?! What is that about!? :grumble:

And one more thing, you ladies who are adding all this cardio and running to CE, you are AMAZING to me! I have trouble getting myself to do the cardio that is included in the CE schedule, let alone adding all that running! Your truly an inspiration, especially since I could probably only run for oh say max 10 minutes before I'd pass out!

Thanks for all the motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Jenna423 - Congrats on starting week 3 of Burn Circuit and for getting stronger! I hope your leg heals quickly too. Be sure to give it rest. I admit, I experience the same thing with the ab burner! It hurts like all get out when I'm doing it (particularly by obliques) but once I'm done, I'm not sore! Because of this, I added the ab burner a couple of extra times during the week. Like you said, its only 10 minutes! My husband says I'm a glutton for punishment :tongue: BUT, in just 2 weeks I have lost 3 inches from my hips! And I'm down a pant size! Woo hoo! As for the running I do, the cardio on CLE kicks my butt! I'd rather run 5-10 miles! LOL However, I am hoping that the interval training she does will improve my speed when I do my long runs. We'll see! Keep up the great work!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Yoga: We must have similar goals this year. I'm really hoping to increase my speed as well. Although remember long runs should be done at a slow pace, I'd add a speed workout to your training schedule instead of trying to speed up your long runs too much. I do think CX Burn Intervals and Burn It Off will help with running especially all the plyometrics.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Duffyzmom: You are so right when it comes to long runs being done at a slow pace. I didn't quite word my statement accurately. I do admit that I want my slow pace to be faster than it currently is though LOL! Now that I proved to myself that I can complete a marathon, I like the challenge of improving my time. I'll be doing my next half marathon in May. Are you signed up for your next run? I hope the arthritis in your neck does not hold you back. Hang in there.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Hey all... been MIA for a few days... apparently fighting some stomach bug. :frown: Was down for the count Sat and Sun and now DH is home sick today. :ohwell: