Article Says Protein Shakes Not Good for dieters

Options
13»

Replies

• peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone should automatically discount John Tesh. I get information from all kinds of sources and usually the information he provides is quite interesting and seems accurate enough. Often he does not quote his sources though. I mainly like his survey information. Of course survey can always be skewed to the results you want to find. I consider John Tesh.

All media has bias. Neither CNN or Fox News get it right and how they report the stories and what they report on creates bias.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    John Tesh? Would would listen to him anyway? He's just some washed-up, talent less musician.

;)
  • peterdt
    Options
    Is it better to drink a protein shake before or after a workout? Right now I prefer after and I've heard some do both.
  • peterdt
    Options
    this article says right after a workout. makes sense.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakebenefits.htm
  • peterdt
    Options
    stupid is as stupid does. :)
    John Tesh? Would would listen to him anyway? He's just some washed-up, talent less musician.

;)
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I always have a protein shake right after I'm finished working out, I don't know the complete idea behind it, but I know it does indeed keep my appetite full just enough for a late dinner, and of course if I don't have one I don't meet my daily quota of protein, so It's a double win for me. This guy isn't convincing me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think it boils down to another article to put down dietary supplements.

People laugh when I say it, but I would not be surprised if the next fad diet will be a "low protein" diet designed specifically for the cubicle employees and otherwise sedentary. :smokin: