Today is anti-bulling day!

Options
124»

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I was bullied heavily in school to the point of making suicide attempts. And when I would fight back, I was the one who got in trouble because I'd beat the **** out of them. I take comfort in knowing that most of my bullies were either in prison, pregnant, really fat, divorced, and are really unhappy with their lives right now. What can I say? Schadenfreude is a good motivator sometimes. :)
  • Erisad
    Options
    Aspies are bully magnets. I got it bad in school, real bad.

So did I for having Asperger's and being overweight. Apparently the worst crime a girl can be is to be fat and socially awkward. :/
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Today is anti-bulling day! Please join me in supporting everyone who has been bulled in there life by writing the word HOPE on your hand and keeping it there all day! Thanks and spread the word.No one should be bulled for there weight,not there hair,not there car,not for any reason! Together we can make a difference! :happy:
    Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:

This thread is a perfect example of mocking/bullying/hijacking on MFP. It's a bummer when someone starts a positive thread and then everyone (the nazi police and those seeking attention) trashes it.:noway: :frown:

Here's to everyone getting the attention they needed and taking the message to heart not continuing to criticize it to the core.

I'm pretty sure there's not an eye rolling emote large enough.

The shocking grammar and spelling aside, no one's mocking the thread for those reasons. It's being mocked because it's pointless and silly to begin with. I doubt that anyone is going to show up to defend bullying. Yeat another thread of preaching to the choir is sort of silly. "Don't Bully People" is common sense, which means had this post not been a hilarious grammatical trainwreck, this thread would be completely pointless. At least now it's fun.

And a special note directly for the OP, and anyone else who might have a similar issue:

Spelling and grammar count, folks. Before you say "yeah well we're not in English class, are we?" You're correct. You're in the thing that English class was preparing you for: being able to interact with others while giving the impression that your IQ is higher than your shoe size. On the internet - just about ALL you have to represent you is your words. All the more reason to choose them carefully, and make sure they're correct.
    There are ppl that actually don't have English as their native language, one never knows if that's the case on MFP when walking into a thread. Patience is a virtue.:heart:

I don't believe not bullying is common sense, it should be but with all the situations going on in the world today it's apparent it's NOT to some.

Hope you got the attention you were looking for in cutting OP's post down. I saw grammar/spelling criticism not anyone making fun of the post on the topic of anti-bullying day. Perhaps you were a bully once or still are... that's what your post speaks. Or perhaps were bullied yourself?

Btw.... yet is spelled 'yet', not yeat. My point being...I knew what you meant though as I can read through spelling errors/typos with out much issue, it's the point of the message that counts. I do believe grammar is important but because someone makes an error is no reason to trash talk them. Perhaps tolerance would work in situations like that.

Hope your day gets better,
    I have more important things to do than discuss this with you beyond this, like working out and meal planning.

Cheers!:drinker:

You sure ot him good on that 1 typo. Now, had he made the same one 5 or more times, (see first post) showing without a shadow of a doubt that he didn't know how to spell the word, it would have actually mattered.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I used to get bullied in school. In retrospect I was an ideal target. It made me change who I was from someone even I didn't really like to the pile of awesome you see before you today...the positive side of bullying...

I definitely don't advocate it cos it's ****ing awful, but some people bring it on themselves - I know I did. We should teach our kids how to be awesome and then they won't get bullied. It is possible to be awesome and do well in school and not be a douche, just so many people think it's fine to let their children wander their own special little path without realising it could all go quite wrong for the kid.

You can't change having a grand-mal seizure in the lunch room. You can't change being retarded. You can't change having petite-mal seizures which cause you to miss at least 30% of everything that is said. You can't change being 5'10. There are some things you can't change.

People who make fun of people that are "retarded" or have seizures or serious health problems aren't bullies. Those are called flat out POS people. I remember the quiet kids and some of the ones who dressed for Halloween everyday getting a hard time in school but the actual special needs kids got treated like gold or the entire football and basketball team would have busted some heads.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I used to get bullied in school. In retrospect I was an ideal target. It made me change who I was from someone even I didn't really like to the pile of awesome you see before you today...the positive side of bullying...

I definitely don't advocate it cos it's ****ing awful, but some people bring it on themselves - I know I did. We should teach our kids how to be awesome and then they won't get bullied. It is possible to be awesome and do well in school and not be a douche, just so many people think it's fine to let their children wander their own special little path without realising it could all go quite wrong for the kid.

How did you "bring it on yourself"????

Just by being a typical victim. Low on confidence, wouldn't answer back, was scared etc. You know walking about with my head down metaphorically. People can sense a victim from a mile away and mostly people treat you as you feel about yourself. That is; if you have no confidence, people will walk over you because you draw that sort of behaviour.

I understand that, but I still hate to hear someone say they are at fault for being bullied. :sad:
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    LOL! You guys...be nice!
  • kohler_family1
    Options
    i wrote it on my hand
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    People commit suicide not because of bullying, but because they feel like they have no other way to cope.

"Be a nice person" goes without saying and it doesn't need extra awareness. How about teaching your kids how to deal with sh***y people rather than trying to change idiots? There will always be idiots.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    People commit suicide not because of bullying, but because they feel like they have no other way to cope.

"Be a nice person" goes without saying and it doesn't need extra awareness. How about teaching your kids how to deal with sh***y people rather than trying to change idiots? There will always be idiots.

No, that would actually mean that parents are responsible for their children. Much easier to blame bullying.
  • moosegt35
    Options

This. All close friends give each other a hard time and mess with each other but any person who gets joy out of bullying/making fun of someone, and that someone is hurt by it, has a serious underlying issue themselves.
  • Erisad
    Options
    Why not educate both groups of children? Teach the bullies not to be horrible people and teach the victims to deal with bullies better and carry themselves with confidence.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    every day should be anti-bullying day. i joke with you not.

I agree I was bullied so much in school I snapped and beat the crap out of him.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Actually I think a bunch of us are trying to stop cowing.

Wow, that was terrible...
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I had a bully once. JUST once!

500full.jpg

LMAO!!! Johnny Dangerously!!!! One of Bruce Waynes..I mean...Michael Keatons best flicks!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was in 1rst grade, she was an orange belt. A boy started pushing her so she took one step back and nailed him in the nuggets with a front kick. He never bothered her again.
    My son got suspended twice for defending himself at school. Both times he played his play station all day long. The kids that messed with him knew he was a black belt but they did it anyway. The other boys were crying in fear of what there parents would do. My son was smiling because he knew he did the right thing. He tried to walk away and they would not let him. So he made them let him walk away. One punch. He was always the tallest in his class and that made him a target for the a-holes trying to prove themselves. The school principal was shocked when I told her that my son had my permission to defend himself and that if he ever got suspended for defending himself I would not punish him. Better bruised knuckles than a broken jaw. :bigsmile:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    every day should be anti-bullying day. i joke with you not.

I agree I was bullied so much in school I snapped and beat the crap out of him.

GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was in 1rst grade, she was an orange belt. A boy started pushing her so she took one step back and nailed him in the nuggets with a front kick. He never bothered her again.
    My son got suspended twice for defending himself at school. Both times he played his play station all day long. The kids that messed with him knew he was a black belt but they did it anyway. The other boys were crying in fear of what there parents would do. My son was smiling because he knew he did the right thing. He tried to walk away and they would not let him. So he made them let him walk away. One punch. He was always the tallest in his class and that made him a target for the a-holes trying to prove themselves. The school principal was shocked when I told her that my son had my permission to defend himself and that if he ever got suspended for defending himself I would not punish him. Better bruised knuckles than a broken jaw. :bigsmile:

That's what I tell my boys. My 7 year old in enrolled in MMA. My 5 year old loves boxing and is enrolled in boxing. When my youngest turns seven and wants to do MMA, so be it. My point, they know to tell the teacher or any other adult about said problem child at minimum, 3 times. If teacher does nothing and said problem child keeps at it, they have my blessing to defend themselves. Now before anyone says "they're children, they don't know any better", spare me. Kids are smarter than you think.