I miss ____

Options

Replies

• Tayilcious
    Options
    Potato chips, white bread, pasta, pizza, fruit snacks, ice cream, candy, Little Bites,
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I dont miss anything as i have everything in moderation

Me too :3
  • cathleen1091
    Options
    popcorn with melted margarine on top.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Since becoming vegetarian, I miss buffalo wings/hot wings, bratwurst, and pepperoni. There are vegetarian substitutes for everything so that does help a little, but it's so not the same. I got so drunk a couple times in college that I ate a bratwurst or cheddarwurst...both were delicious.

Other than meaty stuff, nothing is off limits, I just enjoy in moderation and less frequently. I eat chocolate pretty much everyday and I'm doing just fine.
  • malicent
    Options
    SALAD!!!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    Options
    I dont miss anything as i have everything in moderation

^^^^ same here :)
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with RANCH!! lol...my mouth just watered a little

Ahh this! Also, delicious fatty sandwiches with ranch in general. And ice cream (I know I "can" still have it, but I do miss my Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter binges. Sigh).
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    pizza, mac & Cheese and cakes/cookie. But you know what? I LOVE my body with NO muffin top better than all that stuff! :)
    I love that
  • Tnia
    Options
    Oreos
    Chocolate chip cookies
    Kit Kat bars
    Really anything chocolate or in the form of dessert...
    Garlic shrimp scampi

I know right? Kit Kat are my fave!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Pecan pie!
  • skinnylion
    Options
    Cake. I love cake.
  • Tnia
    Options
    Potato chips, white bread, pasta, pizza, fruit snacks, ice cream, candy, Little Bites,

Lol That everything I miss too. I eat Thin crust pizza though
  • samlankford
    Options
    nothing, if it will fit into my 1800 calories (50,30,20) then I will have it WITHIN REASON... don't deny myself anything... I can't eat dairy, pork or anything fried without horrid gastric results but that is mild ibs, took me years to find out my trigger foods :tongue:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I miss those discusting little cherry pies in the store.

So terribly bad for you but so so so so good.
  • nfrederick86
    Options
    Hmm, the only thing I have tried to totally cut out so far is soda, including diet soda. Once I get a handle on that I'll cut something, probably limit my carb intake. I'm trying to do things step by step instead of doing things all at once in order to increase my chances of sticking with it.
  • msmarieann
    Options
    For me, I really don't miss anything. I'm a bit of a whiz for making my fav foods at home.

I'll eat some sweet in the a.m. so I don't crave it later, I eat balanced meals, again so I curb cravings. But, if after all of that I want an oreo, I'll have an oreo. There's no falling off the wagon, just adopting healthy habits that outweigh the bad ones.

So I don't miss anything, because I can eat anything. I just choose to eat what I want, and I want foods that make me healthy and happy. No shame. Just a different way to think of things. Thinking in the negative (for me) creates a sense of deprivation. I'm really not deprived, I have a fridge full of food and a bossload of recipes to draw from.

Also, for the folks that mentioned they miss Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, here's a recipe for them:

You can make buffalo chicken sandwiches in a slow cooker with hot sauce, butter substitute, chicken breasts and a home made ranch seasoning mix. You can make ranch dressing with buttermilk (which is naturally low fat and filled with good for you bacteria), but I wasn't sure if you wanted me to post that recipe as well...

I'll eat it is on flat bread buns with some low fat cheese melted on top, a nice big salad and a cob of corn. Or you could make it into a wrap.

Ingredients:
    4-6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 (12 ounce) bottle Hot Sauce
    1/4 cup of margarine or other butter substitute
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon dried thyme

Directions:
    Put frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the whole bottle of hot sauce over chicken breasts and sprinkle seasoning on top. Cook on low 6-7 hours. Using two forks, shred the chicken and return it to the crock pot. Add butter, stir and cook on low for an additional hour.

Eat. However you want.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't "miss" anything because I DO eat everything but there are days when I would just LOVE to have a beautiful crusty baguette, real butter and lots of tasty cheese with some home made pickle.

Sure, i have cheese and bread in moderation but I am a total cheeseaholic - just writing about it is making my mouth water! And no, I am not interested in chocolate, so I don't miss that one bit - just the cheese.
  • roundrunner
    roundrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Del Taco. Of course I could still go there & eat in moderation, but I just don't trust myself yet!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel like I miss a nasty McDonalds double cheeseburger & fries. So, I say, ok, have one - stop on the way home. Somehow, I never stop.

Otherwise, if I want it, I have it - sometimes in VERY limited quantities, but I hate the deprivation. :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing because I didn't give anything up because I relearned how to eat.