Anyone else feel uncomfortable with Jillian's pics?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Jillian probably has her own image issues, and for a forum full of people trying to change their health and looks, and that have issues too, attacking someone and ripping on their looks is not cool IMO. I wouldnt want people to do it to me, if I lost a ton of weight and they saw my pic and called me manly or not womanly. No one deserves to get attacked for what they look like, regardless of how you feel about them. Just my .02.

This is what I was thinking, too. Especially after someone (not the OP) stated that looking at skinny women makes them feel bad about themselves. I've always been insecure about the way I look because of my weight. Of course, one of the reasons I'm losing weight is to feel better about my body image. It is slightly discouraging to here people say they don't like seeing healthier-sized women. It isn't helping someone's body imagine to make them feel like when they reach their goal, you won't want to look at them anymore.

Be serious here.
    Jillian is a celebrity. Everyone feels they can talk candidly about how a celeb looks. I can't imagine anyone here on MFP would rip another member, saying they looked *insert comment here*, but I have seen the comments about Michael Jackson back this summer, even though that man was a philanthropist.

Why is it discouraging that I said I didn't like seeing her photo? I never said I didn't like seeing photos of healthier-sized women. I said I didn't like seeing her picture here.... specifically I don't like seeing pictures of women in work out attire or skimpy clothing. You put Jillians picture up wearing something covering her skin, I probably wouldn't have an issue with it. But in today's society -- sex sells. Skin is in, which in a messed up mind translates to "I need to be skinny, have a six pack, and show off as much skin as possible to be".... what? Healthy? Sexy?
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think youre missing the point of my post.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Maybe people should all hang out at McDonalds where the visual is a clown...make sure you walk there and don't go thru the drivethru
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    I don't mind it. I use her Wii game to work out so if anything, seeing her pic makes me think, "Ooops. Time to do my work out!"

She's a good trainer. She follows me around the Internet, keeping me in line. ;)

:)
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't like the ads that are posted in sidebars on any site, but I understand that if they were not there we would have to pay a fee to use the site. I would suggest ignoring them, what I try to do, or use them as motivation to be the best you can be.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I dunno, I find her a to be a positive reinforcement for me, especially since she battled weight problems in her life to get where she is.

I agree, I didn't care for her at first but after I found out she weighed 175 (like I did 2 years ago) I find her he be a great inspiration! She doesn't bother me, the skinny minnies at the gym who look awesome and can run 5 miles bother me :laugh: I always feel like I'm being judged. On the other hand my husband thinks she has a great body, but looks mannish :laugh:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Seeing skinny (yes, I said the "s word") women in pics makes me feel badly about myself and my self image.

I just used healthy-sized because I don't believe Jillian is "skinny". I only use skinny when someone is unhealthily underweight, which Jillian is not. Jillian is at a healthy weight and she works hard to maintain it. If I managed to achieve her body, I would probably post pictures up here on this site. I personally would be pretty proud of body like that. From what you said above, yeah, it kinda sounds like you weren't just talking about Jillian. Sorry if I took your statement to include more than what you meant for it to, but you didn't specify. Thank you for the clarification.

And Jillian is wearing workout clothes just like Denise Austin or any other fitness guru would. If she were wearing a bikini, that would be a different story. Considering she is a personal trainer, she is wearing what I would expect her to wear. I wear similar clothes if I'm working out at home. I wouldn't post my pic like that, but then again I'm still obese. I probably wouldn't care if I had her body.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I personally think she looks amazing and is a great motivation. She struggled with weight and now she looks like that?? That's awesome, what an inspiration! Do I have an unreasonable goal in my head to look like her? Of course not, but what's the harm in aiming high? :wink:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Personally, I love Jillian, but I don't want to look like her. I like her stomach but that's about it. My breast, hips, thighs and butt are more shapely and womanly than hers and I love them that way. I want to tone them but I want to keep my curves. I don't want to look like Jillian and personally, I think REAL women look much better and should be striving to look like a healthier version of ourselves! Plus, if you feel intimidated, remember this.... I've yet to meet a guy that thinks she is attractive!

Thank YOu, I am not giving up my boobs to look like her!! And I love her, love working out with her and watching her.
    But look closly she's not perfect, I remind myself that we can't all be perfect and she remindes of the fact that I can stop reaching for 6 pack abs, not everyone can have them, she doesn't had she is tough!!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love Jillian, but I don't want to look like her. I like her stomach but that's about it. My breast, hips, thighs and butt are more shapely and womanly than hers and I love them that way. I want to tone them but I want to keep my curves. I don't want to look like Jillian and personally, I think REAL women look much better and should be striving to look like a healthier version of ourselves! Plus, if you feel intimidated, remember this.... I've yet to meet a guy that thinks she is attractive!

Thank YOu, I am not giving up my boobs to look like her!! And I love her, love working out with her and watching her.
    But look closly she's not perfect, I remind myself that we can't all be perfect and she remindes of the fact that I can stop reaching for 6 pack abs, not everyone can have them, she doesn't had she is tough!!!

:laugh: Well, even though earlier I said I would like a body like Jillian's, I didn't mean exactly like hers. I see her as someone who has taken her body to the healthiest point possible. That's what I want to look like!! :happy:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    That I agree with, I want to be in the best shape I can be in!! With my womanly curves!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Can't stand her, but she's easy on the eyes.
    Personally, I'd prefer to see Bob there!! :love:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    The adds don't bother me. I hardly notice them. I am very aware that they are what keeps this site free for me though.:smile::flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    She's worked her butt off to get to where she is....works for me! But I think I'd rather be looking at Bob too!:blushing:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    She's worked her butt off to get to where she is....works for me! But I think I'd rather be looking at Bob too!:blushing:

Bob is dreamy.

I have a thing for tattoos....
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I do have a DVD of her's, so for me it is like "I'm watching you! And you better not be logging in crap like cup cakes!" So I like seeing her on here. I know I will never look like her but I can get motivated to not eat the crap food in my works kitchen once I see her pointing her finger at me. :tongue: Make your window smaller and she will hide. :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options

Bob is dreamy.

I love him! But have u guys noticed that he has a weird sunken area on either side of his forehead? It's like his skull is caved in on both sides. I see it on others, but his is very prominent..prob because he has like 1% body fat!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Bob is dreamy.

I love him! But have u guys noticed that he has a weird sunken area on either side of his forehead? It's like his skull is caved in on both sides. I see it on others, but his is very prominent..prob because he has like 1% body fat!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Courtney! YOu crack me up!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Bob is dreamy.

yeah, dirty sleeve tats on any guy is hot!
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i WILL SAY THE Jillian ads help keep me motivated actually... I feel like she is "watching" me from my computer =)

I was thinking last night - it would be nice if MFP could do like some other sites do (pogo etc..) where they have ads
    for Free accounts- but also offer an upgrade- where you can pay 34 a year or something and not have ads- and have
    some extra benefits that the free members don't have...