Poll: Bullying on MFP

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    well youre arent supposed to have eating disorders. its disorderly.

What exactly IS an eating disorder? Is that like when you eat your dessert first to make sure you have room for cake???

its those fork to mouth issues where you keep missing. kinda like a drinking problem.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    well youre arent supposed to have eating disorders. its disorderly.

What exactly IS an eating disorder? Is that like when you eat your dessert first to make sure you have room for cake???

its those fork to mouth issues where you keep missing. kinda like a drinking problem.

Thanks! I keep getting my disorders confused!!!
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Honestly, who cares?
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Call the internet police,

I am sick and tired of bullies.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I *must* be a bully too because I don't even understand the question. :ohwell:
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think its odd that we only refer to Eating Disorders as people who dont eat enough? Surely people who overeat have an Eating Disorder too? Dont discriminate!! Or Bully! FFS....dont call anyone pretty too, in case ugly people get offended....lmao.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    This is dumb...Bullying? Seriously? Grow up you arent 9

You don`t have to be 9 to be a bully/or to recieve bullying behaviour!

Many people feel bullied or intimidated by people that have a stronger personality!

the internet makes it worse cos a lot of people that are just normal people suddenly become monsters because they can sit behind their monitors and keyboards and just type s*** then sit back and think that they are `king or queen`
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Many people feel bullied or intimidated by people that have a stronger personality!

the internet makes it worse cos a lot of people that are just normal people suddenly become monsters because they can sit behind their monitors and keyboards and just type s*** then sit back and think that they are `king or queen`

If your feelings are hurt by words on a screen said by a stranger you'll never meet, you have bigger issues.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

If your feelings are hurt by words on a screen said by a stranger you'll never meet, you have bigger issues.

My feelings would never be hurt, I don`t give a c**p either way...but there are people that will feel hurt by internet bullies
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Honestly, who cares?

the guy that posted this topic in chit chat.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    no no outright bullying is choosing to delete someone with an ED .

then posting on the forum that you did

and then putting those people down ...... thats bullying (and yes this has happened before)

putting whatever on your PRIVATE wall to me is fine..... if people view that as bullying .... then they can delete said person

nothing we can do about asshats in the forums tho now can we?

What's an asshat?? Is it anything like a shaman??
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    What's an asshat?? Is it anything like a shaman??

LOL I want to own an asshat,

links to buy an asshat anyone?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's not bullying. It's totally rude and makes the poster look like an a-hole, though.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Slandering others by publicly (yeah the internet is public) is bullying in my opinion. So yes, I would. You should grow up and not spread hurtful gossip. If said person does have an ED, than blabbing about it to your other friends doesn't help anyone.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think its odd that we only refer to Eating Disorders as people who dont eat enough? Surely people who overeat have an Eating Disorder too? Dont discriminate!! Or Bully! FFS....dont call anyone pretty too, in case ugly people get offended....lmao.

How many people on here do you see eating garbage food all day, every day, and are putting on an increasing amount of weight? The only eating disorders I see on here are people who eat next to nothing and believe it's the right thing to do.

I'm not saying eating disorders don't go the other way in the real world, just if those people come on here, they've usually figured out that they have a problem and are trying to fix it, which I encourage.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Slandering others by publicly (yeah the internet is public) is bullying in my opinion. So yes, I would. You should grow up and not spread hurtful gossip. If said person does have an ED, than blabbing about it to your other friends doesn't help anyone.
    [/quote

Can you consider it public when no one can see it but the people you allow?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

ED on this site is an Eating Disorder, get your mind outta the gutter man
    wCSzc.gif

Damn that is one of the best gifs ever. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I want to bash OP just to make me feel better about myself.

Eh, no, I think I'll pass...

...but I'm not convinced that everyone else on this thread reached the same conclusion though.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you did NOT' mention the person by name, no. It is tacky & immature though. If you DID mention the person by name, technically, it is bullying.

There is a chronological age requirement on MFP but not a psychological or emotional one.
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    that's not bullying.

that's a$$holing.

Try not to be a bully...or an *kitten*. If you want to help someone, say something to them. If you don't want to bother with them and would rather cut them off, that's totally cool too. But to cut them off and then talk about them behind their back? In what world is this cool?

^^^ this