Friday mini rant

Options
124»

Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Well, in all fairness, there probably ARE people that hate ALL exercise. I find quite a lot of it all annoying though, and I try to keep from posting snarky stuff, because I realize people are often desperate and frustrated, or don't even really have the most basic rudimentary knowledge about nutrition (ie thinks dietary fat makes you fat). (doesn't always work, but hey, I try).

Some recurring favorite annoyances are:

"I skipped (lunch/dinner/breakfast/afternoon snack). Am I going to go into STARVATION MODE ?"
    "I went 3 grams over on fat, is my progress for the (week/month/forever) ruined ?"
    "I can't exercise, I have a family and a lot of bills and can't afford it" (actually, I think it's only one guy who does that one. And no offense to the people that have a lot of family responsibilities, as I'm sure it makes things difficult at times)
    The serious lack of anyone to think their question hasn't been asked and answered at least once, if not eleventy billion times and searching first

And the often "well-intentioned" posts:

"You MUST eat breakfast"
    "Your diet coke is making you fat" (again, no offense to the people that do have reactions to aspartame or artificial sweeteners)
    "Gluten is killing you/making you fat"
    "Carbs are killing you making you fat"
    "Fat is killing you making you fat"
    "Protein will ruin your kidneys"
    "GMO is killing you"
    "Non-Organics are killing you/making you fat"
    "Processed foods of any kind are killing you/making you fat" (Hello, did you raise and butcher or grom all of your own dinner ? Yeah, didn't think so)

I will go anti-rant here and take a moment to thank all of the people that have the patience of saints and answer all the same questions nicely over and over and over again (Not so much for the people that LOVE to preach the wrong advice over and over again, no matter how well intentioned)

You are awesome.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I get full on 1200 calories.. Maybe it's because before I used to eat until I was sick and that's how I got fat. Now I'm barely ever hungry and force myself to eat.

How are you on this site when you have your profile age set at 14 years old with 104 friends and in your profile you say you are age 30???

There are sites that are more suited to helping young people and I can not believe from your `friends` that they they are `helping` you on this website!!!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yes I got fat cause I USED to eat a lot... but when you start dieting, or counting calories or however you wanna call it, you get used to it and you can barely eat 1200 calories.

I started with this in january, now when i eat 1200 I feel bloated and so full and fat again.

Yeah the whole rant about not eating 1200 calories on a diet is pretty believeable..You can easily eat a small amount of food that is bad for you and hit 3000 calories or more a day..I could eat a medium fry and 2 double cheeseburgers from mcdonalds right now and almost hit my goal...But if you're eating healthy food the volume of vegtables lean meat and beans etc, can be three times the size of my mcdonalds meal..and I could be super full before hitting 1200. I have had many days that I have to choke something down to keep from only getting 900 cals that day. I think people are only thinking about the numbers in the food rather than the actual VOLUME of space healthy food vs. junk food takes up in your stomach.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Does it annoy anyone else when they see people posting things like "is eating 1200 calories enough...I'm so stuffed everyday I can barely eat it all?" .....like really?? how did you get fat then? Cause I'm pretty sure that if you were only munching down 1200 calories a day you would not be fat...unless of course you only eat cake or something....Idk, just annoys me.

Also who hates ALL exercise?? I hate when people say they can't exercise because they hate it SOOOOO MUCH!!! :sad: I'm pretty sure there are tons of different things you can do for exercise, maybe exercise your brain a little and think outside the box!

I know this stuff shouldn't bother me and I should just let people do and say what they want but whatever...I just had to say it

I have to say not everyone gains weight from eating too much. I counted my calories and ran everyday but despite my efforts I was gaining weight. Come to find out my thyroid was under active. Just saying that we can not always judge people without knowing their full situation.

If they are asking about it without giving enough information...we're allowed to "judge" and give our personal opinions all we want.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Heres my answer to that question:

Feeling full on 1200 calories, I would agree to this!

If you think about it, I have now replaced most of my meals with fresh veg, making soups etc with them. Instead of processed foods.
    For example here is what I have had today (since my diary is closed)

Breakfast: Branflakes with semi-skimmed milk, topping of strawberries, cup of coffee with milk and 2 sweeteners.
    Lunch: Homemade Vegetable soup, with chicken stock, small grilled chicken breast with sweet and sour sauce for dipping. Cup of green tea with peppermint and 2 sweeteners.
    Dinner: More veg (steamed carrots, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower), 1/2 tin of tuna with pepper mixed in and 2 teaspoons of mayo.
    Snacks: not had one yet....

yeah it might not be everyones cup of tea what i have eaten today.. but ya know, it's going in my mouth..
    I am done for the day, my body isn't hungry, and I have not hit 1200 cals yet...
    I eat chicken breast like that because I don't like most of the sauces and to be frank can't be arsed making one lol. I eat salad without dressings because erm gross! All I add to most of my food is some pepper, I don't add extra salt because as a child my mum never let us add salt on anything and she never cooked with salt and as an adult I now find the taste disgusting.

Vegetables do not contain a lot of calories and neither does chicken/tuna depending on how the chicken is cooked and how you buy the tuna (I buy tuna in fresh water). I am not going to stuff my face and make my stomach sore just because I never hit 1,200 cals one day when I am totally and completely full.

So yeah, that's how it's possible on my part...

Also don't judge my eating of today, this is not all I eat, I have a very varied diet. This just happens to be what I fancied having.

I'd really love to know how sustainable that ultra low fat diet is going to be over a lifetime... oh, wait, I already know: it didn't work for me!

I eat a high fat diet by MFP standards and I can also be full at 1200 calories. But since my calorie goal is currently 1550, I don't make a habit of only getting 1200, and have healthy, high calorie/high fat snacks to up my calories when needed.

Edit: and I can't agree with using artificial sweeteners as a replacement for real food.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I try to eat around 1300 calories (today I had 1500, a first for me) but sometimes I only have around 1200 and that's enough. I got fat when I was pregnant, not from eating too much! In fact, I think i f**ked my metabolism years ago by not eating anywhere near enough, which is why I put on weight so easily when I eat like a normal person like I did in pregnancy!

I think i've got the hang of eating normally and healthily now without living off salad!

Some days I feel more hungry than others. 1200 fills me up some days, other days i'm still hungry and want to eat a bit more. My personal trainer says to aim for 1500.

I agree with the poster who said people getting lose and loose confused annoys them. Same with you're and your and too and to!
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    THis pic was AWESOME rofl
    my mini rant: i hate when people make forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesnt effect them

mini rant: I hate it when people make a forum reply about when people make a forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesn't effect them

xzibit-happy.jpg
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My mini rant:

Lose is a different word from loose.

If you lose something you no longer have it.
    If something is loose it needs to be tightened.

I'm not saying that my grammar or spelling is anywhere close to perfect. It just makes me cringe.

Carry on:tongue:

Yes!! THIS! That's my pet peeve too!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    can we continue a Friday rant on a Tuesday

I hate, detest and loathe when someone writes "seperate" instead of "separate"
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    can we continue a Friday rant on a Tuesday

I hate, detest and loathe when someone writes "seperate" instead of "separate"

I don't have a rant, but reading all of this cracked me up!!! :laugh:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Does it annoy anyone else when they see people posting things like "is eating 1200 calories enough...I'm so stuffed everyday I can barely eat it all?" .....like really?? how did you get fat then? Cause I'm pretty sure that if you were only munching down 1200 calories a day you would not be fat...unless of course you only eat cake or something....Idk, just annoys me.

Also who hates ALL exercise?? I hate when people say they can't exercise because they hate it SOOOOO MUCH!!! :sad: I'm pretty sure there are tons of different things you can do for exercise, maybe exercise your brain a little and think outside the box!

I know this stuff shouldn't bother me and I should just let people do and say what they want but whatever...I just had to say it

Mini-rant acknowledged and accepted. Now to go outside for a lovely primal scream...
  • TouchDownJesus
    Options
    My mini rant:

I'm not saying that my grammar or spelling is anywhere close to perfect. It just makes me cringe.

Agree.
  • BehindtheScenes
    BehindtheScenes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My mini rant:

THIS!!! And you give "advice" not "advise." And I shouldn't begin a sentence with "and"....oh crap! I'm part of the problem--is there a forum post for that?
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    HAHA......I just posted that I am full on 1200 calories today. I didn't always eat this way. I used to eat crap. A big bag of doritos was heaven in my mouth. Now I eat healthier so the calories don't add up as fast, but I'm eating a lot. Soo....now YOU annoy ME