bump!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :smile: I'm 5"0' and currently weigh 196lbs my starting weight from MFP was 200.. Can you pretty please show off your before/after picture and tips for food and exercise aswell to motivate me and others that need it! Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Hi there. My success story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Be careful of what many of my petite girl friends on here now refer to as "eat more bullies". What people don't seem to realize is that when you are short females like us your RMR is usually very low, too close to the 1200 calorie min and that makes it pretty hard to have a real calorie deficit with all the eat more mantra. That works fine for bigger people who have more room in their calorie budget to play with. People who are not short don't see to understand this. I do not promote unhealthy habits or anything that causes eating disorders. If you have emotional eating issues than those need to be resolved before dieting.

I'm am almost 52 years old, not some young teenager with self image issues. I am not anorexic. I have never had any eating disorders and I don't have emotional eating disorders so I was successfully eat less than 1000 calories under my doctors care. When I lost 40 lbs on my own eating less this way and found a couple of books that substantiated what I learned on my own; "Eat Stop Eat" and "The Anything Goes Diet". They are not diets, but they dispel many of the myths floating around the fitness and diet industry and helped me with my success. When I showed my doctor the books, especially all the research links in Eat Stop Eat and told him my plan he said "Great, Do it!" And my hormone levels were checked on a regular basis and all is fine, even still at under 12% body fat. Health is in the forefront for me. You can see from my pictures I am quite vibrant, healthy, and active, not some skinny little anorexic thing. I love food and I love eating. In fact I intend to go to a wedding tonight and have what ever I want to eat (without being a pig), even wine and wedding cake. When everyone sees what great shape I'm in and that I'm eating just like they do they will say "How does she do it?" Simple. You can have what ever you want, just not all at once (except for me on this special occasion! LOL).

Yesterday I got blocked from a post and within minutes got this thank you note for what I had posted. She had a chance to read it before it got deleted and blocked. I forwarded it to Scott and he is looking into it.
    Received: Fri 09/28/12 09:22 AM
    Subject: Your Blog
    Hi, I saw your post on the forum about eating less than 1000 calories, and you posted a link to your blog, which I read. I just wanted to tell you thank you, I find it very inspirational. I've been so confused lately with everyone yelling at me and telling me "You need to eat more! You'll go into starvation mode!" but yet I'm not hungry when I consume what I consume, so why should I eat more? I'm short, like you, only 5'0. I just feel like 2000 calories a day is too much. MFP put my calories at 1200, but most days I don't even get to that. I don't want to shovel food in my mouth just to reach that number. I was glad to read your story and know that someone else out there understands how I feel. So thank you.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5 ft. and I started out a size 22 at 210 pounds. I am now a size 2 at 103 pounds.:bigsmile:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    BEFORE:
    MeandRandy_zpscadd3eae.jpg

AFTER:
    fitnessonedumbbell.jpg
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    BEFORE:
    MeandRandy_zpscadd3eae.jpg

AFTER:
    fitnessonedumbbell.jpg

Holy smokes wow what a transformation well done you should be very proud
  • Neverletgo50
    Neverletgo50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Inspiration I needed! I'm 5 feet 2 inches tall- in 2010 I weighed 186 lbs, my current weight is 140 lbs, - My goal is for Fitness and strength! When I can I will post pictures, Thanks everyone for such inspiration!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • CatLadyyy
    Options
    I'm 5'2 ..

bigs_zps8657733d.png
    smalls_zpsbfc519e0.jpg
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, joined MFP in January, when my 2nd baby(delivered via repeat c-section) was 6 weeks, & have lost 65lbs (11lbs of it was pregnancy weight).

Night before Indelivered: 211
    Early March, 6 weeks into MFP: about 170
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/419a78fefbb11caf547e4457453d9ee1.jpg[/img]

During: 139, size 8-10.
    126, size 4
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/1771e74b60c9d7d1773fb239eaf6cf7b.jpg[/img]

Almost there:
    1st half of pic: 117lbs, size 2
    GOAL: 110lbs, size 00/0
    I use this picture because those last 7lbs made a good difference on us shorties!

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/87a71eda7f33c1035ff211648c139869.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/5d3a99dd94f9c170073aa69257dfe79b.jpg[/img]

You look AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and four months into MFP. Here are my pics:

FourMonthFront-1.png

FourMonthBack-1.png
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump to read for motivation....
  • I am 5ft3/4 of an inch. I started MFP Jan 2011 at 190 pounds by November I was sitting about about 125. I had deaths and sickness and gained back 25 of it so I am back to working on getting those to go away. Here is a link to my blog with pics. I feel most comfortable at 133.http://myjourneytobecomeamorehealthierme.blogspot.com/p/my-journey-to-healthier-me-photos-along.html
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girls!! I love seeing other "shorties" who have lost. So inspirational!! Thank you!
  • 33equals3
    Options
    WOW! Laides, you all look amazing! California - what a stunning transformation!!!
    As for me, I used to be 140 range , gained 70+ lbs with my first pregnancy and I've been on a roller-coaster ever since.
    Lost 30, got pregnant, lost 20, got pregnant, lost 20, got pregnant :)
    I'm at 202 now after my 4th (20 month ago).
    I lift heavy, try to concentrate on high quality protein with low carbs, add a little cardio here and there.
    I've also had hypothyroid, on and off medication and hypoglycemia.
  • loreledesmax
    Options
    I'm 5"2' and on my way to losing the last (and hardest!) 7 lbs.
    I love seeing this kind of pics, so inspirational !
    You all look amazing, thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Shelli06
    Shelli06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's definitely still a work in progress but I am 5'4" and my SW was 250 lbs and I am now 224. My goal is to get down to at least 150 but preferably a little less. I'm not sure how to add pictures, but my profile picture is pretty current :)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I started at 73 kg:
    73kg_zpsa5a54fa0.jpg

And this is me after I lost 6 kg so far, at 67.1 kg:
    671kg1_zps391963f3.jpg
    671kg_zps0500693e.jpg
  • MerraH89
    Options
    Wow everybody looks great! I'd love to have that kind of transformation one day! You girls gave me HOPE! I'm 5" and wayyyy obese weighing 196 :( but u guys made me believe that it can be done.... I'm trying to cut carbs even brown rice I have it really tiny bit if I need it...

What kind work out routine do you girls think that works the most effective? I'm trying to do 30ds...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!