5"0' Ladies Please Show Share Your Success

Options

Replies

• lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look great. I'm currently at 190 and 5' tall.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hello everone !! Im 4'11 and I started off before the site at 135..now here for 45 days Im 119. Feel free to add me as a friend anyone :O) My diary is open to my friends!! My goal right now is 110...and maybe less dependant upon how I look and feel to myself by then!:drinker:

My goal calories everyday is set to 900. Sometimes I eat a bit of my exercise cals back.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    154cm . . .almost 5-5'1"
    started out at 132 and have reached 126 . . .I would love to get to 110 lbs
    It bugs me that its a little more difficult for us petite gals. . .cos we can look pretty chubby even if we pile on a few pounds
    Also the calorie deficit for us is fewer
    So I restrict my cals to around 1200 a day or lesser at times.
    I also drink warm water with lemon and honey now . . .It helped me get over my plateau :)
    I love to dance so i squeeze in 30 mins of it every day
    Short gals are the cutest :heart:
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I started at 169 in August and I'm currently at 154. My goal weight is 140-145.
  • acooke1satx
    Options
    You are b-e-a-utiful!!!

Congrats!!!
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone. It really helps to get a good solid relatable mental picture.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I'm 5' 0" SW 182 CW 152 GW Under review :glasses:
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who have shared their stories and/or pics!! You are truly an inspiration to us fellow shorties. I am 5 nothing as I like to say.
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    WOW! Great job. Truly inspiring!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    great job ladies! My pictures are in my profile! I started at 168 pounds and currently I weigh 120. I was a size 14 and now a size 4.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :smile: I'm 5"0' and currently weigh 196lbs my starting weight from MFP was 200.. Can you pretty please show off your before/after picture and tips for food and exercise aswell to motivate me and others that need it! Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Hi there. My success story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Be careful of what many of my petite girl friends on here now refer to as "eat more bullies". What people don't seem to realize is that when you are short females like us your RMR is usually very low, too close to the 1200 calorie min and that makes it pretty hard to have a real calorie deficit with all the eat more mantra. That works fine for bigger people who have more room in their calorie budget to play with. People who are not short don't see to understand this. I do not promote unhealthy habits or anything that causes eating disorders. If you have emotional eating issues than those need to be resolved before dieting.

I'm am almost 52 years old, not some young teenager with self image issues. I am not anorexic. I have never had any eating disorders and I don't have emotional eating disorders so I was successfully eat less than 1000 calories under my doctors care. When I lost 40 lbs on my own eating less this way and found a couple of books that substantiated what I learned on my own; "Eat Stop Eat" and "The Anything Goes Diet". They are not diets, but they dispel many of the myths floating around the fitness and diet industry and helped me with my success. When I showed my doctor the books, especially all the research links in Eat Stop Eat and told him my plan he said "Great, Do it!" And my hormone levels were checked on a regular basis and all is fine, even still at under 12% body fat. Health is in the forefront for me. You can see from my pictures I am quite vibrant, healthy, and active, not some skinny little anorexic thing. I love food and I love eating. In fact I intend to go to a wedding tonight and have what ever I want to eat (without being a pig), even wine and wedding cake. When everyone sees what great shape I'm in and that I'm eating just like they do they will say "How does she do it?" Simple. You can have what ever you want, just not all at once (except for me on this special occasion! LOL).

Yesterday I got blocked from a post and within minutes got this thank you note for what I had posted. She had a chance to read it before it got deleted and blocked. I forwarded it to Scott and he is looking into it.
    Received: Fri 09/28/12 09:22 AM
    Subject: Your Blog
    Hi, I saw your post on the forum about eating less than 1000 calories, and you posted a link to your blog, which I read. I just wanted to tell you thank you, I find it very inspirational. I've been so confused lately with everyone yelling at me and telling me "You need to eat more! You'll go into starvation mode!" but yet I'm not hungry when I consume what I consume, so why should I eat more? I'm short, like you, only 5'0. I just feel like 2000 calories a day is too much. MFP put my calories at 1200, but most days I don't even get to that. I don't want to shovel food in my mouth just to reach that number. I was glad to read your story and know that someone else out there understands how I feel. So thank you.

THANK YOU! I am so sick of people acting like I'll gain 50 pounds and then burst into flame if I eat less than 1200 calories a day. I GAIN on 1500 and I maintain at 1200. 1000-1100 (and eating maybe half my exercise calories) works for me. I'm little! I don't need as much as someone 6" taller. I just don't.

I'm 5'1" (almost), SW 139, CW 122, GW 110-115. No pics yet but my belly has recently developed concave areas on either side. It's still bulgy in the middle but it's collapsing in on itself.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    -
  • MerraH89
    Options
    I think whatever works for you is the best! Let it be 1700/1500/1200/800cals! Everyone have different type of body and different body mechanism :) As long as you are eating healthy foods :) your body will tell you if something isn't right :) all the ladies looks great!! Wishing one day I can post my before/after pictures here :)
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump to keep this going
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5' started at 196 as well. Currently I am floating between 121 to 125. Trying to find my balance between being healthy while being a busy mom. My pics are in my profile.
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    I too, am 5'0 tall and have another 20lbs to lose. It is so great to see the before and after pics because you all are such an inspiration! Thank you so much! I only have before pics, so hopefully I will post "after" pics when I hit my goal wt. I am currently 140.5 (this am) and have a goal of 120lb.

Good luck everyone and keep up the hard work!

Please feel free to add me!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0!!!

So here's my story...

My whole life I was overweight/obese - but I was never teased or made fun of in high school so I never felt the emotional need to lose the weight, although I knew I needed to. It wasn't until June 2008 (I was 21 at the time) when my college roommate wanted to go on the master cleanse diet to lose some weight for graduation. The entire apartment decided to support her, so we did it for 10 days and I ended up losing 15 lbs. This is what started it. I started working out and plateued for a couple months only losing 5 more. I was a vegetarian at the time, so I decided to take the full plunge into veganism and within 8 months I had lost 48 more lbs (from eating on a strict vegan diet and working out).

I have since stopped being vegan and have gained back about 12-14 lbs and hover at 128-130 lbs over time at 5'0.

Before joining MFP, I started TheSkinnyList.com (active daily on Instagram and Twitter @theskinnylist) to showcase snacks, drinks, and meals I've made and discovered all under 250.

Since becoming an inspiration through these various social networks I've decided to kick my weight plateau in it's by joining MyFitnessPal. And since then it has really helped me understand the macros of the foods I'm putting into my body... which I know will help shed the last 12-14 lbs at a slow and steady pace for long term.

ano386.png

BEFORE = Senior pictures circa 2005 at around 185+ (my heaviest)
    AFTER = My current weight of 130 lbs all taken in 2012
  • crssybear
    crssybear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'M 4'11... Started 30 day shred yesterday. & doing treadmill 3o min.. would love some shorty friends..not easy for us to lose weight. 10 lb gain on us lks like 20 on avg height
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!