Options

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    True. At least it's an easy fix. ROFLMAO
  • JLand918
    Options
    Nevada- Sex toys are outlawed---Sec. 8.14.040. Sale of sexual paraphernalia.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell or display for sale any device, including but not limited to *kitten* and artificial vaginae, designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs.
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In the UK it is illegal to DIE in Parliment! Considering the age of some of the old fogie politicians.....
    Also a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself in public - don't want to be near for that one and finally it is illegal to be topless (women) unless you are a clerk in a tropical fish shop ( this only applies in Liverpool but no idea why). Crazy lawsHa ha ha
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    In North Dakota -
    Covered Wagons have right of way

People on horse back have right away

Horse thieves can still be hung...

That's all I've got :D
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Wow. These are some crazy laws. I live in OR, but I can't think of any stupid laws off the top of my head. I know California has the law that your not allowed to carry any weapons in your car. You have to have your gun locked in its case, and the bullets in the glovebox, or something like that. To me, that's a stupid law. :\ Not so much crazy, but stupid. It doesn't even matter if you have a concealed license or not. And cops can't carry when not on duty as well.

Hmmm. I should look up some stupid crazy laws in oregon I think :)
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    I live in Georgia, it's illegal to:

1. Keep a donkey in the bathtub.
    2. Tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
    3. Carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket if it is Sunday.

Those are more set to specific cities in Georgia.

Just in the last year the law was changed to allow alcohol sales on Sunday.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    in Vermont it is illegal to whistle underwater. how the frick would that be done anyway?
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts-

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.

Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.

It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.

Bullets may not be used as currency.
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Alabama

There is still a ban against sex toys unless purchases are made for medical, scientific or educational purposes.

It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.

You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Florida

It is an offense to shower naked.
    You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
    Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit(there goes spring break)
    It is illegal to skateboard without a license
    Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal
    The molestation of trash cans is banned
    It is illegal to eat cottage cheese on Sunday after 6:00 P.M
    Unmarried couples can't commit "lewd acts" and live together in the same home. Seriously, they can't. It's Florida statute No. 798.02
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    In MA, mourners at a wake may not eat more than 3 sandwiches. Other mourning eats are not regulated, however, so eat up while you're still, uh, kicking?
  • Jasminebianca
    Jasminebianca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In Georgia here are a couple!

It is illegal to say "Oh, Boy" in Jonesboro.

And this was emailed to LoonyLaws.com -- Here's a goodie for you, and I verified with our mayor that it is still on the books: In Gainesville, Georgia, the poultry processing capital of the world, there is a city ordinance prohibiting the eating of chicken with a fork!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Nevada- Sex toys are outlawed---Sec. 8.14.040. Sale of sexual paraphernalia.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell or display for sale any device, including but not limited to *kitten* and artificial vaginae, designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs.

Statute-grammar FAIL: plural of "vagina" is "vaginas"! Not "vaginae".
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    In Chicago, you can not eat in a building that is on fire...

You may not fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck

you can't drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb in the Pullman neighborhood...

I am baffled as to why these laws even had to be made. I wonder how much of a problem giraffe fishing and bucket drinking were lol
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    These are federal laws in Canada:

· 30% of a radio stations content must be "Canadian Content"

· You may not pay for a fifty-cent item with only pennies.

· Citizens may not publicly remove bandages.

· It is illegal for clear or non-dark sodas to contain caffeine.

· If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of town.

In Ontario:

· The speed limit is 80 kph for cars, but bicyclists have the right of way.

Cities in Ontario:

Etobicoke

· Bylaw states that no more than 3.5 inches of water is allowed in a bathtub.

Cobourg

· If you have a water trough in your front yard it must be filled by 5:00 a.m.

Gananoque

· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks.

Guelph

· The city is classified as a no-pee zone.

Kanata

· The colour of house and garage doors is regulated by city bylaws (a purple door get you a fine). It is also illegal to have a clothes line in your backyard.

· You can't work on your car in the street.

Oshawa

· It's illegal to climb trees.

· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks. If sidewalks is not cleaned within 24 hours after a snowfall, city workers will clean it and the cost will be placed on the homeowners tax bill.

Ottawa

· It is illegal to eat ice-cream on Bank Street on a Sunday.

Toronto

· You can't drag a dead horse down Yonge St. on a Sunday.

Uxbridge

· Residents are not allowed to have an Internet connection faster than 56k.

Wawa

· You may not paint a ladder as it will be slippery when wet.

· It is illegal to show public affection on Sunday.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    In Illinois you must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.

The English language is not to be spoken (what language do they want us to speak )

Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire :laugh:

You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation. -720 ILCS 5/14-2.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In detroit...
    It is illegal to have sex in a car unless its on your own property.
    It is illegal to scowl at your wife on sunday
    It is illegal to let your pig run loose through the city unless it has a ring in his nose
    It is illegal for a woman to cut her hair without her husbands permission
    It is illegal to seduce or corrupt an unmarried girl
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Oh, Illinois, you are a gem. Maybe we should speak pig latin instead?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    In the great state of Texas--

It is illegal to sell one�s eye.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six *kitten*.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

and the kicker...

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was in my state capital, Columbus and got caught buying Corn Flakes on Sunday...im lookin at 25 to life.