My butt!

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    How about the Brazilian butt lift video?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Squats, dead lifts, lunges; should help round up what you have. But, I wouldn't let anyone tell ya there's something wrong with any part of your figure. Work with what you have! :smile:

Edited: When doing Squats make sure to keep your shoulders and head lifted and stick you butt out behind you like your sitting in a chair keeping your back nice and straight.

For dead lifts; knees should not be bent and once again you should be sticking your butt OUT behind you as you drop your upper body forward keeping your back straight.

If you don't bend your knees, how do you get down to the bar? Maybe the form coaching is best left to the proffesionals?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Squats, dead lifts, lunges; should help round up what you have. But, I wouldn't let anyone tell ya there's something wrong with any part of your figure. Work with what you have! :smile:

Edited: When doing Squats make sure to keep your shoulders and head lifted and stick you butt out behind you like your sitting in a chair keeping your back nice and straight.

For dead lifts; knees should not be bent and once again you should be sticking your butt OUT behind you as you drop your upper body forward keeping your back straight.

1339633070011.jpg
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Squats, deadlifts and lunges.
    This, with heavy weights.
  • obsidianwings

1339633070011.jpg
    Haha!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member

Yup, I do those as well as: Legs; In addition to Dealdlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Heel Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member

Heavy weights are good but it's also good to change it up all the time. Also you don't want to do just one muscle group. You should do an all body workout so your body is balanced.

The routine I do consists of weight lifting first and cardio second, but I still do cardio (mainly running). I change up everything all the time. My running is sometimes long easy runs, sometimes HIIT, sometimes shorter medium pace runs. My weight routine changes each day, each week, Circuits, Intermittent Super Sets, Fibonacci Pyramids, X-sets, Progress Venus Pyramids, and some splits, constantly changing it up, everything a variety of Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

Legs; In addition to Dealdlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Calf Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat

For upper body I do Standing Shoulder Press, Standing Dumbell Curls, Lying Tricep extension, Pullovers, Bent Barbell Row, Standing lateral Raise, Standing front Raise, Curl and Press, Shoulder Press + Curl, Dips, Lying Tricep Extensions + Flyes, Venus Raise (a type of snatch), Bent Row + Standing Lateral Raise, Pullovers, Pushup + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Bent Lateral Raise + Pullovers, One Arm Dumbbell row, Flyes + Pushups, Seated Curl & Tate Press, Seated Curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Pushups, Pullovers + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Lateral Raise + Full Front Raise, Venus Raise + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Lying Tricep Extension, Upright Row + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Flat bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Bent Row Narrow, Bent Row + Kickback,

Then some upper and lower combos; Squat and Front Raise, Step Up & Press, Step Up + Standing Shoulder Press, Squat & Press, Squat & Swing, Curtsy Lunge + Standing Shoulder Pres, T-Bend & Row, Pike Front Rais + Curtsey Lunge, Flat Bench Press + Step Up.

Core: Bar Bell Rollouts (you can start out with Stability Ball Roll Outs), Swiss Ball Pikes (you can start out with Stability Ball Curl Ups), and planks. As you advance Swiss Ball Pike and pushup.

I probably forgot some but you get the idea.
  • Jmonz
    Jmonz Posts: 7
    Try doing squats with a swiss ball behind your back against the wall. Start with the ball low - small of your back and as you squat it will roll up towards your shoulders. The ball keeps you in an appropriate position and stops you looking too silly! Try a small weight in each hand or held out at chest height in front of you. Remember to control the action with your abs for better core strength also.
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    lol @ that pic...

Here are a few good exercises from the queen of booty (not that ANYONE should have that much azzzz):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7QMA4AEizI&feature=relmfu
    http://youtu.be/UEMD-_MqUzg

And then another I've found that's good:

http://youtu.be/u6ZI0oiC2L4

I have the same pancake issue and have been trying to build my booty muscles. I've done all these exercises as mentioned and feel them right where I should, so I'm sure they're effective! Good luck, fellow noassatall sufferer. :P
  • obsidianwings

Heavy weights are good but it's also good to change it up all the time. Also you don't want to do just one muscle group. You should do an all body workout so your body is balanced.
    I agree, but I think squats, deadlifts and lunges with heavy weights are the simple answer :) I do do a full body routine and mix it up.
  • I used to get clowned for not having a "black girl booty" I do squats like all the time and incline jogging on the treadmill. Now I still don't have a BGB...but it's tight and has lift ; )
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

The routine I do consists of weight lifting first and cardio second, but I still do cardio (mainly running). I change up everything all the time. My running is sometimes long easy runs, sometimes HIIT, sometimes shorter medium pace runs. My weight routine changes each day, each week, Circuits, Intermittent Super Sets, Fibonacci Pyramids, X-sets, Progress Venus Pyramids, and some splits, constantly changing it up, everything a variety of Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

Legs; In addition to Dealdlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Calf Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat

For upper body I do Standing Shoulder Press, Standing Dumbell Curls, Lying Tricep extension, Pullovers, Bent Barbell Row, Standing lateral Raise, Standing front Raise, Curl and Press, Shoulder Press + Curl, Dips, Lying Tricep Extensions + Flyes, Venus Raise (a type of snatch), Bent Row + Standing Lateral Raise, Pullovers, Pushup + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Bent Lateral Raise + Pullovers, One Arm Dumbbell row, Flyes + Pushups, Seated Curl & Tate Press, Seated Curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Pushups, Pullovers + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Lateral Raise + Full Front Raise, Venus Raise + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Lying Tricep Extension, Upright Row + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Flat bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Bent Row Narrow, Bent Row + Kickback,

Then some upper and lower combos; Squat and Front Raise, Step Up & Press, Step Up + Standing Shoulder Press, Squat & Press, Squat & Swing, Curtsy Lunge + Standing Shoulder Pres, T-Bend & Row, Pike Front Rais + Curtsey Lunge, Flat Bench Press + Step Up.

Core: Bar Bell Rollouts (you can start out with Stability Ball Roll Outs), Swiss Ball Pikes (you can start out with Stability Ball Curl Ups), and planks. As you advance Swiss Ball Pike and pushup.

You do all that in a week? That's crazy talk!

And while I agree that a full body routine is very important, the OP was asking about her butt specifically.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I added brazil butt lift to my cross training on the advice of my physical therapist because of knee pain. I have never had a butt or shapely rear at all. I don't have much still, but I'm getting there. I have defined muscles, muscle control, and am at least not sloppy, what I have is firm. Plus it's helped my inner thighs and hip strength. I also now bike two days a week which strengthened my hamstrings and has helped shaped my butt too.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member

WAYYYYY too complicated. Reads like something between just a list of exercises you know and a complicated women's magazine routine.

KISS. Squats, DLs, Lunges, Hill Sprints. You can get fancy when you've been lifting for 30 years and you have the experience to design your own routines of all these variation exercises.
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    You could check out the butt bible. All the workouts are free on youtube. I just started it, but I've seen a few success stories on here.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Agreed... Squats and lunges. I also have a crap butt. Lol. I also incorporate up and downs... Denise Austin style and also kick backs. That's what I call them.

Up and Downs: lie flat on your back, knees bent, palms face up by your side, lift your pelvis towards the ceiling, pause. Repeat.

Kick Backs: get on all fours (hands and knees), chin up, kick back your right leg as high as you can and then bring your lee to your chest. Do this 20 times without letting your knee tough the ground. Switch legs and repeat.

All four of these have helped my butt. Skating also helps a lot.

^ Hi, Do you find that these have been helping you? I also have a flat butt. I need help!! LOL
    I really appreciate your suggestions. :flowerforyou:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    You could check out the butt bible. All the workouts are free on youtube. I just started it, but I've seen a few success stories on here.

^ Thank you. :flowerforyou:
    Also not aware of this!!!
  • ladytinkerbell99

^ Thank you for this valuable information about posture. :flowerforyou:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    I agree that squats is where it's at! If you aren't doing these, try them, they work wonders!!! Good luck to you:)!
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Wow. A lot of butt-talk on this thread! My advice is to keep it simple. There are some super complicated sounding exercises on this thread and when you're just staring out you probably don't need them. When you are at home (and maybe at home alone!) lunge instead of walking when you are going from A to B. If you have stairs use them for doing step ups. This might be a bit TMI 9but hey, we're all friends here!) but everytime I go to the bathroom I do 20 squats. I do wide leg ones, hip distance ones, squats on my tip toes, squats on one leg...and I'm easily racking up about 200 a day! Kick backs are awesome as well, though I tend to keel over to one side (balance issues). And there are tonnes of DVDs out there that focus on *kitten* exercises, and they will incorporate your cardio, too.

If your friends are saying you have a flat butt they are probably jealous because they have have fat butt. You don't need this!

And if you couldn't be bothered, just get a really good pair of jeans!