Push Up Challenge Anyone?

Options

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I might modify it and just see if I can do 10,000 in the month of October. that would be a good one? maybe 11,000 in November and 12,000 in december, january would be easy with a thousand though. haha
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I might modify it and just see if I can do 10,000 in the month of October. that would be a good one? maybe 11,000 in November and 12,000 in december, january would be easy with a thousand though. haha

Madre de dios...jmatthews, you're my new hero!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Use the 100 pushups programme? There's even a free phone app...

I have. I am trying to repeat, with a little more umph....hence, the +5 per day
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try, but maybe only increase by 3 a day.....total beginner who can't do a proper push up yet ;) only on my knees....maybe next month I'll do proper ones!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I will skip the candy bar on the 31st and shoot for a thousand pushups that day. just to get the point across. I have done 500 in a night at work before, I was kinda sore that day. but I will do the October challenge, its the challenges that keep me on track.

Cool, can I have your candy bar? Then I can have 2 on the 31st! :wink:
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    Push ups are not my favourite exercise but my new mantra is JUST DO IT, NO EXCUSES. So guess what? I am IN on this challenge. By the end of October, who knows maybe I'll change my mind about how I feel about push ups or I confirm how I feel about push ups. Let the challenge begin.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Alright I'll give it a try! I suck at push up so I may have to add one a day after I hit 20 or so lol
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I will try!!!!!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to learn to do proper push-ups, and a group candy bar session sounds like a party. I'm in!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Push ups are not my favourite exercise but my new mantra is JUST DO IT, NO EXCUSES. So guess what? I am IN on this challenge. By the end of October, who knows maybe I'll change my mind about how I feel about push ups or I confirm how I feel about push ups. Let the challenge begin.

Nice! Love your dedication!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Alright I'll give it a try! I suck at push up so I may have to add one a day after I hit 20 or so lol

Right on!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I will try!!!!!

Awesome! And BTW, your transformation is AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I've been meaning to learn to do proper push-ups, and a group candy bar session sounds like a party. I'm in!

:) Awesome!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting a group for the pushup challenge. Do we need one, or just keep using this thread?
  • spiffysara27
    spiffysara27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Can't wait to start tomorrow!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I'm in! Can't wait to start tomorrow!

AWESOME! Welcome to the club - BTW, your profile photo is hilarious!
  • xiala
    xiala Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm totally in!!!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Here's some videos and info for pushup form - make sure you have good form so you don't hurt yourself

http://www.builtlean.com/2011/02/23/how-to-proper-push-up-form/
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    That much work doing the same exercise is a great way to get repetitive stress injuries. Not for me thanks.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!