Push Up Challenge Anyone?

Options

Replies

• JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    For everyone interested, here's the address for joining the push up challenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8836-rocktober-push-up-challenge

Let's do it!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm joining in...
    Linda
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Awesome! There are a bunch of people down to do push ups! Join the group!
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Day one done.
    111 AM and I cranked out my 50 pushups for the day...
    60 for the second oh boy... fun fun fun
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Day one done.
    111 AM and I cranked out my 50 pushups for the day...
    60 for the second oh boy... fun fun fun

Nice work!
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Our YMCA is doing a pushup challenge that ends on Oct. 20. Can you give me some pointers on how to get started. I've tried the modified pushup (on my knees) and do OK, but how do I do a full-blown REAL pushup. I don't think I could even do 1. I honestly don't know how to do a pushup.

I started doing them on my bay window sill, it's about 18 inches off the floor and after a while I became strong enough to do a regular push up. I can do about 20 now, I'm very proud :)

Great idea! You can also do some as you stand about 2-3 feet away from a wall. Gradually choose other objects (couch, table, etc) until you are eventually doing full horizontal push ups
  • TKBurris
    TKBurris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll go for it!! I just finished my Fitness Test, and was able to do 17 in a row, so maybe I will start at 20 and try to add 5 more each day!! Sounds like fun!!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try but starting with my wimpy pushups wish me luck!
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When u add 5 a day it's not too much. U have all day to get ur push-ups in. I believe however in doing them every other day so that on the off day muscles have time to recover and build lean muscle. But if u do it that way u could add 10 every other day.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I am going to start with 5 per day, and if that's too much, I may switch to 10 ever other day. But 150 total by the end of October!

I'm in! I do other chest exercises on machines at my gym very other to every third day. I also do push-ups on those days. I will do as many push ups as I can today, and then add 10 every other day.

I will go sign up right now.
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    Oct 1 - 5
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I am started a program from a book, today. It includes a lot of push ups, done in the form of ladders. (do 1, rest, do 2, rest, do 3 rest, do 4... etc- till you are close o 'failure'- then come back down: do 3, rest, do 2 rest, do 1...)
    will be doing the push ups twice a week, not sure how to fit it into your challenge.
    If I get to 'level 4" that is 15 Push Ups, times twice a week=30 a week. Hoping to do better each week.
    Maybe 30 on week 1, 36 by week3, etc. I can barely barely do 10 push ups in a row right now, so doing more than 15 a day may not happen.

(The Book is "You are your own Gym, by Mark Lauren)
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! ( Pretty sure I will regret the heck out of this! :noway: ) And YES! I WILL be eating the candy bar on the 31st!! With my kick *kitten* arms!!! :wink:
    Thanks!!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I am started a program from a book, today. It includes a lot of push ups, done in the form of ladders. (do 1, rest, do 2, rest, do 3 rest, do 4... etc- till you are close o 'failure'- then come back down: do 3, rest, do 2 rest, do 1...)
    will be doing the push ups twice a week, not sure how to fit it into your challenge.
    If I get to 'level 4" that is 15 Push Ups, times twice a week=30 a week. Hoping to do better each week.
    Maybe 30 on week 1, 36 by week3, etc. I can barely barely do 10 push ups in a row right now, so doing more than 15 a day may not happen.

(The Book is "You are your own Gym, by Mark Lauren)

this looks awesome! And any kind of push ups fit into the challenge! Come join the group!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    Challenge accepted! ( Pretty sure I will regret the heck out of this! :noway: ) And YES! I WILL be eating the candy bar on the 31st!! With my kick *kitten* arms!!! :wink:
    Thanks!!

HAHAHA! Thats the spirit!
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a go!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I'll give this a go!

Awesome! Come join the group!
  • jmatthews75