Cheap date.

Options
ewl6850
ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
So, I recently got a girls digits. I want to call and ask her out, but I am broke. I may be able to produce $40-50 out of my change jar, but I am in need of cheap date ideas.

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love trolls.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Buy a cup of coffee and take a walk somewhere scenic together. The point is to get to know one another, not to spend a fortune.
  • ewl6850
    Options
    I am not trolling....

I really did get someone's number, and I really have no money...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Do something like take her to a park for a picnic or something. You don't need to splurge on a girl and she won't care if she's worth it.

Or invite her over your place for dinner. Not pizza and TV.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just a simple girl but I don't expect a guy to spend more then like 10-15 bucks on me on the fist date if anything at all. I think good first date ideas are pizza, coffee, wings or a causal place like Chilli's, Olive Garden etc. Or perhaps suggest something active? A hike or a bike ride perhaps?
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Ok I apologize. But if you're THAT broke, what do you think you can bring to this table at this point? Why not wait until you're more on your feet to date?
  • ewl6850
    Options
    I'm living with my parents while I finish school, bringing her here is a no-go. I don't know how I didn't think of coffee and a walk. I'll have to see what the parks are like in the city, it's getting to be a good time of year for a fall walk.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Picnic, if it's too cold/windy/stormy you could organize a sort of "inside picnic experience"..... and if it's not horrible out, you could go for a walk.
    Movies are cheap, but generally not a lot of communication going on there....
    Bowling....
    Go to a bakery or some small dining place....
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Picnic, if it's too cold/windy/stormy you could organize a sort of "inside picnic experience"..... and if it's not horrible out, you could go for a walk.
    Movies are cheap, but generally not a lot of communication going on there....
    Bowling....
    Go to a bakery or some small dining place....

I second bowling
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Dinner and a movie at your place would be nice. Maybe make a picnic lunch and go out to your local park. If you can get $40-50 out of your change jar, invite her out for a cup of coffee. It's not about how much money you are able to spend, but what you bring to the table.
  • ewl6850
    Options
    Bowling is good too!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wildflowers or a single rose is almost good as an expensive dozen. A thoughtfully packed picnic is worth more that an Italian restaurant. Go carting, or mini golf, paint ball, or laser tag or something would be a fun way to connect and give you something to talk about for not too much money. Good luck!

Oh, and don't try to hard. "Got her digits" sounds like you are trying to hard to be "cool" and instead are just being annoying....
  • ewl6850
    Options
    Ok I apologize. But if you're THAT broke, what do you think you can bring to this table at this point? Why not wait until you're more on your feet to date?

It's not often I get the courage to ask someone for their number, and even less often that I actually get it. I have a lot to offer. Just money isn't one of them right now. Kind of stuck between jobs. Once I land something, I will be fine.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

If every person in the world waited til they were financially 'on their feet' to date, there would be many more singles... relationships should be about two people learning about each other, not how much money they have!
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    Simple is best. You don't need to wait until you have more money to date. That's just silly.
  • ewl6850
    Options
    Oh, and don't try to hard. "Got her digits" sounds like you are trying to hard to be "cool" and instead are just being annoying....

I thought the same thing after I posted. It was a "what was I thinking?" moment. A couple minutes before I posted, someone texted me, referring to it as "getting her digits", must have just rolled over.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    A very young guy living with his parents finishing school between jobs (jobless) with no funds. Sounds like a stressful situation once she falls for you.
  • whierd
    Options

:laugh:
  • sizzle92
    Options
    But I will say I am super happy for you that you asked and she gave! :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    Options
    A very young guy living with his parents finishing school between jobs (jobless) with no funds. Sounds like a stressful situation once she falls for you.

I love it when girls cut deep. <3