Replies

• tiffanympm
    Options
    When I was down 15 a group of female coworkers called me "skinny."

It felt wondeful
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've lost 48lbs and no one at my work has said a thing - Are they trying to be polite? Maybe. But I'm not doing this for them or to be "noticed". THIS IS FOR ME!

Good luck and keep truckin!
    Cheers!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how big you are. The bigger you are the harder it will be to notice weight loss is small amounts so I would say about 30 to 40 lbs.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    40! 40 pounds down and 4 jean sizes and then at my goddaughters birthday party people were all "Hey, are you losing weight? You look great!" Perhaps because I was in clothes that fit instead of a size or 2 too big or perhaps because they see me so often they never realize. Who knows!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    40 lbs.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nobody really said anything to me until I was down around 30lbs.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well I started at 194lbs and when I hit around 180ish people started to notice, but my husband could tell sooner than that.
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    10 lbs for me. Although I've lost another 10 lbs and no one has said anything. So maybe it was just my initial jump that made people notice lol
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    With the rates of illness and cancer lately, I feel that people are scared to compliment weight loss. Until they know you aren't ill, they may feel bad if they say "hey, you look great" .. "yeah I'm battling ________" ...

It will come!

Congrats on the weight loss by the way!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    4months for you to notice, 8 for your mom, 12 for a stranger.
  • pabisc
    pabisc Posts: 17
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds and some people were noticing at home but those who see me on a weekly basis didn't notice until I started wearing smaller clothing. People at work noticed only when I wore smaller clothing too.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For me, it took 20lbs for others to notice.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs and several people noticed who see me each day at work.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    4months for you to notice, 8 for your mom, 12 for a stranger.

My mom still hasn't noticed. Lol.
  • mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It took about 2.5 months and 35 lb before anyone made a comment out of the blue. I occasionally get a comment if I mention that I'm going to the gym, but I take that as just politeness on their part.

Although my mum did mention that see could see that I lost weight after about 2 weeks. I appreciated the sentiment and then booked her an appointment to the opticians.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Usually I think it's at about 10% of you body weight that people start to notice.
  • alderman59
    alderman59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For me it was 20. As far as them giving you a hard time....I am a grazer and eat very little in the evening so most of my calories are consumed at work. I have had several people comment that I always am snacking on stuff. The thing they fail to notice is that it is fruit and veggies not Snickers and chips.
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    10lbs and people who I haven't seen in a while have commented. I think it is because my face does look slimmer people notice. People in work haven't said anything
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think the first time anyone noticed was after 25 lbs.
    even then, it was an unsure questions, not so much a compliment LOL!
  • Cbarrese86
    Options
    I'm almost to 20lbs loss, and I don't get the "Wow, you look great!" (except from my husband). The only people that even know I'm losing weight are my husbands family, and they are not the encouraging type. It sucks when you work so hard and no one says anything. It's ok though, cuz I'm doing it for me, not them. Keep up the great work! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!