how many pounds before anyone noticed?

Options

Replies

• Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how long it took, but I had many people when they first said something that they had noticed....but just didn't say anything. I think it might be awkward in cases where maybe you aren't very close and they just aren't sure how to say it and not be offensive etc. I would say it was pretty close to 25 lbs before anyone said anything. Some closer friends will say something just about every time I see them (especially if I only see them monthly or something like that). I also agree that friends that see you all the time probably don't see it as easily due to them seeing the subtle differences every day and not all at once. Now I get lots of people asking me what I'm doing.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know I have alot to lose, but I'm down 33, and people are just beginning to notice. It's not about being noticed....but it kind of IS...so on we go....
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    only my wife sees it i try telling my mom i lost weight weight and she says where i said look i use to wear a 52 pants but no i can fit in my 48. but when my sister loses even a pound my mom will say look she lost
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 32 pounds so far, an 5 holes. On my belt. But still nothing. Well actually I did have a Guy at work giving my *kitten* when he saw me eating, and said damn you eat to much.

Good on you what you've achieved so far :) Definitely started an interesting thread going, maybe you will have to go on vacation for a few days and come back, sounds like that's what it takes for people to notice. People don't realize that if you are eating healthy, that you can eat a lot more with a lot less calories than junk foods, so just let it roll off your back when they make discouraging comments.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm just now getting noticed. So 40lbs. But then again... i was still wearing my "fat clothes." When i bought a few new outfits that fit was when i really started getting noticed!
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    32 don and no one has said they noticed yet.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Like 2lbs haha
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had 100 lbs to lose when I started. It was honestly about 50 pounds before people really noticed. And I think they started noticing when I started wearing different clothing, better fit, etc. I stuck with the old clothes as long as I could because I knew I intended to lose the full 100.
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    30 pounds before anyone noticed.
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    I lost the first 5-10 lbs in my face and most of my coworkers noticed. When I lost 10-15 lbs, just about everyone said -- "you look different."
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Now that I've hit the 20lb mark people I haven't seen in a while have noticed. Only a couple of my co-workers have noticed and mentioned, for the most part my friends and family I see on a regular basis still haven't :(
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 down but it's yet to be noticed. I can sure tell though! All of the smaller clothes that I bought over the summer are baggy and frumpy on me now. Even so, I know I'm far stronger judging by the weights I'm lifting now compared to even a couple of week ago. That feels just as good to me as seeing progress on the scale and in the mirror.
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost thirty-four pounds and people are just beginning to notice it in my face. No comments on my butt, though, which is what I'd really like to hear! I think it depends on how overweight you are to begin with. I mean, if you're thin to begin with, people notice if you lose five pounds, but when you're as overweight as I was at the start, I think I'm going to have to lose about fifty pounds before people start to notice. I know it's hard. We all want that validation that comes when we start getting the comments on how much weight we've lost. You'll get there and it'll all be worth it when the compliments start rolling in.
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6 lbs so far, and one person already noticed, but I'm thinking the main reason she noticed is because she knows I've been running more.
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    Near 30 pounds and few really have noticed.
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    It took me around fourteen or fifteen pounds before anyone noticed.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It took maybe 15 pounds for me--& it was most noticable because my face had slimmed a bit.

At least, that was for the co-workers.
    For my friends, it took a good fourty pounds. LOL.
    But I just suspect they were shy about bringing it up in the first place!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 pounds so far and only a few people have said anything - and they were people that knew that I was trying to lose weight. I carry my weight in my hips for the most part. I have lost 6 inches from my waistline, but apparently that's not enough for the average person to take notice.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    at 100 pounds weight loss people were afraid to say anything!
    I got, have you been ill?
    I replied yes, sick of being FAT!

People I work with noticed at 20 pounds
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!