Belly rolls? WHY WON'T THEY GO AWAY!? >:[

Options
13»

Replies

• lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked like that when I was 30lbs from my goal weight too.

Weight loss is really fat loss. I know you're not thrilled to have fat yet to lose, but I guarantee you will lose fat from your body in this area at some point. Many, if not most, women will see lower belly rolls stick around until the very end of their progress. That's just where our bodies easily store fat.

best advice given, IMO
  • sammieslimjim
    Options
    I asked this at my gym the other day and they showed me two exercises to help:

Lay on your back and raise ur legs and bend them so they are at a right angle and SLOWLY lower one at a time and tap ur toe on the floor and the raise them back up .. i personally count 5 hippopotamus's on the way down and then agen on the way back up ... start by doing 15 reps on each leg and eventually increase to 3 sets during each workout

Also lay on ur back and sit up slowly bring ur legs up at the same time but stop Kind of like this .. \_/ .. (lol best way i cud describe it) i do it until my belly roll gets the way but it depends on the size of ur belly roll (i weigh 190lbs).. link ur hands together (or hold a weight/kettlebell) and twist ur upper body to touch each side of the floor beside you ... i got advised to start counting wen it starts to hurt and they count to 20 and slowly increase as time goes by

crunches work the ab area and the belly roll sits below the ab area so these exercises work the lower part of the stomach

sorry i hope this makes sense and i hope it helps x
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lifting weights?

ewww then she will get all bulky
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I realize that it's even harder for women but I can tell you that I was disappointed in the amount of fat still on my abdomen after I lost 40 lbs and at bottom, carried only 158 pounds on my 5'11" frame. What I discovered is that achieving ideal weight doesn't mean you are done. With weight training, I've gained back 8 pounds but I have less fat. Achieving the goal weight is not the finish line, it is just one benchmark achieved.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My DD chest used to mask my giant stomach, but since I started insanity I've lost a cup size :-( The gut is STILL there.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It is quite vexing, isn't it? I had a 9 month food "baby" 5 1/2 months ago and now it looks about 4,5 months ;). But, my belly still looks like this tumor attached to my body. Thank goodness with clothes it's well hidden, but it will be nice when it's actually gone or mostly gone...
  • leahbobeah
    Options
    Something I've been learning lately is that Abs are made in the kitchen. Its all about what you eat. Look up the New Abs Diet Cookbook, its all foods that are good for a flat belly!
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Very happy to hear this. With 3 c sections and 90 lbs lost.
    I hear you,I had a C-section and no matter what I do,that roll is still there.Frustrating!

I had two c-sections. That doesn't matter. It STILL can go away. I worked hard to get rid of mine. Tons of JIllian Michaels and tons of weight lifting work. Don't give up!
    [/quote]
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too. My stomach never quite recovered from my pregnancy (and it looks even more fluffly because I have a short waist lol), but I am noticing that it is coming off very very very slowly, and it is the last place to go :-/
  • Hertford86
    Hertford86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me too. I already had little twiggy arms and legs, and looked like Mrs Potato Head. Now my darn WATCH is loose. My wedding ring is loose. Who loses weight on their fingers??? But the belly is still there.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Me too. I already had little twiggy arms and legs, and looked like Mrs Potato Head. Now my darn WATCH is loose. My wedding ring is loose. Who loses weight on their fingers??? But the belly is still there.

I lost weight on my ELBOWS.
    WHAT IS THIS SORCERY ?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I lost weight on my ELBOWS.
    WHAT IS THIS SORCERY ?

DARK MAGIC
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If you lie flat on your back naked (this isn't a ploy I promise ;) you will see a more accurate representation of the way your body fat is distributed.

When you stand up however, gravity pushes it downwards meaning for most people it end up collecting around their mid sections. As such, it is usually one of the last places to go as it is the accumulation of fat in the upper body.

For most people you just have to keep going...and going....and going....until it finally disappears.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    get to 10% body fat

This.

Maybe not 10% because you are a woman, but the stomach will go away when you lower your body fat percentage.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    get to 10% body fat

This.

Maybe not 10% because you are a woman, but the stomach will go away when you lower your body fat percentage.

Yeah, to be honest, I know this comment took a lot of flak but the sentiment behind it is reasonable. It's very possible that losing the fat on your stomach will mean getting to a much lower body fat percentage. Perhaps one that isn't reasonable for you. Focus on your progress and getting to your goal, and if you still have a body you're not happy with, you can reevaluate. But losing 20-30lbs is a significant task, best to focus on one thing at a time and not depress yourself because you aren't there yet.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    get to 10% body fat

This.

Exactly, everyone focusses on weight far too much.
    For sure, 10% is probably too low of a goal for a female, but the concept behind the post was right.

What do you think looks better 100kg @ 10% BF or 90kg @ 20% BF?
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have this, too! It seems that is just the last place that weight is coming off. I know I'm losing and doing right things, so just being patient. I was thinking of trying to tweak calorie intake up or down to see what happens, but so far it's not a concern. Another thing is to eat several small meals so your body knows there's always food a-coming and doesn't need to store any! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Another thing is to eat several small meals so your body knows there's always food a-coming and doesn't need to store any! :)

for some maybe but this is really a myth It takes several days of NO food before the body even notices