What's the most efficient exercise to burn cals?

Options

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Well that's lovely for you!

yes it is
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

yes it is

Well you had better bottle that DNA of yours - you will make a fortune as apparently YOUR body is a flipping medical marvel .
  • Lyssa62
    Options

Well you had better bottle that DNA of yours - you will make a fortune as apparently YOUR body is a flipping medical marvel .

yep so much of one that the article I posted above HAS to be talking about ONLY ME!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

yes it is

I second this!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    circuit training with weight and plyometrics is probably your best bet...
  • Lyssa62
    Options

I second this!

oh please do second it..you and your little bunch are proving my point with each post! Thanks!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope. Far and away the most efficient to burn calories.
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I built some pretty huge calf muscles walking. I could flex my calves and see the muscle under my knee pop out for the first time in my life - though my weight stayed pretty much the same and the inches around my calves didn't change. You build muscle by increasing tolerance, right? So if I increase from being able to use my muscles for 2 miles before getting tired, to 4 miles, to 6 miles, what's happening to those muscles? They don't hurt as much, isn't that getting stronger?

I'd just like one of these "experts" to let me know what those huge things in my calves are if they're not muscle I've built from walking miles daily when it was my only real exercise... I'd also like to know what those things in my husband's arms are that have gotten bigger while he's been shoveling at work. He's actually doing the opposite of lifting. So it can't possibly be muscle building, right?
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I built some pretty huge calf muscles walking. I could flex my calves and see the muscle under my knee pop out for the first time in my life - though my weight stayed pretty much the same and the inches around my calves didn't change. You build muscle by increasing tolerance, right? So if I increase from being able to use my muscles for 2 miles before getting tired, to 4 miles, to 6 miles, what's happening to those muscles? They don't hurt as much, isn't that getting stronger?

I'd just like one of these "experts" to let me know what those huge things in my calves are if they're not muscle I've built from walking miles daily when it was my only real exercise... I'd also like to know what those things in my husband's arms are that have gotten bigger while he's been shoveling at work. He's actually doing the opposite of lifting. So it can't possibly be muscle building, right?

LOL oh give them time to think of a way to debunk this..they will be wanting you to bottle your dna too. Just cuz they have to lift to build muscle..maybe it makes them feel insecure knowing some of us don't have to.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

LOL oh give them time to think of a way to debunk this..they will be wanting you to bottle your dna too. Just cuz they have to lift to build muscle..maybe it makes them feel insecure knowing some of us don't have to.

Yes, I feel very insecure, which is why I have my actual picture up.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

It's called you lost fat so the muscle shows.. not that you actually built muscle.

Also just because you got used to an exercise, just means that you got more fit.. not that you built muscle or necessarily got stronger in any sense. You can get fit/stronger, without actually building new muscle tissue.

I suggest you and the other chick think about the phrase, correlation does not equal causation.. it will really help out your arguments.

To OP:
    There really is no efficient exercise.

Whats efficient for me, won't necessarily be for you since everyone is at different fitness levels.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    To OP:

Whats efficient for me, won't necessarily be for you since everyone is at different fitness levels.

that's the only thing YOU can be sure of!
  • Lyssa62
    Options

Yes, I feel very insecure, which is why I have my actual picture up.

how lovely for you
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    here you go since you are all about showing off "your guns" of many different variations....

megun.jpg
  • dad106
    Options
    To OP:

that's the only thing YOU can be sure of!

Nope.. I can be sure of that the rest of my post is correct too.

I can also be sure, that you are entirely looney tunes and have no idea how muscle building actually works... because if you did, you wouldn't be claiming what you are and you'd have pictures as proof.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I can also be sure, that you are entirely looney tunes and have no idea how muscle building actually works... because if you did, you wouldn't be claiming what you are and you'd have pictures as proof.

nope you can't. you can make a general assumption which is totally incorrect...again nice try
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    skipping

I loooooove skipping!
  • dad106
    Options

nope you can't. you can make a general assumption which is totally incorrect...again nice try

If everyone one is so incorrect, then where the hell is your proof?

If you are right and everyone else is wrong, then prove it.. but since you haven't done anything of the kind, I'll keep going with what I know to be fact while you live in la la land.

Also that article that you posted, states that walking tones muscles(IE makes them stronger/retains what muscle mass you have) and not builds muscle(IE builds new muscle tissue). Again, two different things.. I highly suggest you learn the difference.