Do you like your last name

Options

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love my last name :)

I'm getting married next August though, so I'll have a new last name, I'll like it, just not as much as my last name now :)
    Everyone pronounces my last name wrong, which drives me nuts sometimes.
  • yogini_runner
    Options
    Heck ya! it's Italian.
  • Victoria0046
    Victoria0046 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @ Skinnymissmeliss: Anderson is a Swedish name that no American pronounce correctly. :)
  • primadonnah
    Options
    Mine is very common as well, but I guess it's nice.
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes because it is not a common last name.
  • andshley
    Options
    Ha! I was thinking about changing my last name back to my maiden name just two weeks ago! It was very easy to tell when a telemarketer called :)

I have decided to keep my married name . . . for now.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. It is not that common. I've neverpersonally run into anyone else who shares the last name - and spells it the same - that isn't related to me. It does baffle me that people spell it incorrectly 90% of the time and mispronounce it 60% of the time. I mean, come on, it's only five common letters strung together. I do get a little tired of getting asked if I'm related to Bob every single time I'm introduced to someone.
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mine is Ransom, like a ransom note. Usually everyone tells me that I have a cool last name. I've only had 1 person misspell my last name and they spelled it R A M S O M. When I let the person know they spelled my last name wrong, they laughed and made a joke afterwards saying, " haha, sorry, I guess I thought you were going to RAM SOM tonight." Weird!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Love my married last name! :)

My maiden name got on my nerves. No one knew how to spell it and it was only five freaking letters long.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    Heck ya! it's Italian.

I second this ^.....but sadly it'll change once i get married....luckily my fiance has a killer last name
  • JeanetDK
    Options
    I love it. It's all I've got left from my father and every time I write it I think of him.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just switched back to my maiden name, from my ex-husbands name.

I'm much happier now : )
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I used to.....before I got married. Now it's Johnson and people think it's funny to call me "Big Johnson". Not cool.
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Nope, its French and nobody pronounces it right the first time.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i have never met anyone outside of my family that has the same last name with the same spelling. there are a few out there that spell it with one "L" instead of two or another variation. But all-in-all, it's great last name.
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    NO.....way too common!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hate mine. Adopted into it and its very uncommon, plus bad childhood etc.. compounded by the fact that adoptive parent hasnt been in my life for the last 15+ years. I have always wanted to take my grandfather's last name (Ross). Its simple and I like it. Problem is, I am quite accomplished in my field and have made a name for myself over the last 10 years. I am known by associates across the globe by my current last name. Sucks! =(
  • SomberAngel
    Options
    Nope, its French and nobody pronounces it right the first time.

my maiden name is also French, 10 letters long and no one would pronounce it right on the first, second or third time.

so happy to have changed my name now
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have loved both of my last names. As a child I wished it was closer to "A" in the alphabet though. My married name is awesome; though no one can pronounce it.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I love my last name, after a Google search it appears my brother and I are the only people with the surname in the world.. When my Mum remarried my parents couldn't decide if I should have my biological Dads name or my stepdads name, to save argument they double barrelled it.