Do you like your last name

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love my last name. I changed mine as soon as I met my husband, I changed to his last name. We married a month after meeting anyway. I changed my sons last name as well as soon as hubby & I met. It's the way we wanted it from the moment we 1st spoke.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have two and I love both!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I hate mine! It gets spelled wrong ALL the time.

At least I'll get a new one when I get married someday
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I had a very common last name until I got married. My husband's last name is unique and the coolest thing about it is that there is a Detroit Red Wings player with the same last name! I'm from Detroit, so I love this.

I miss hockey.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I love my French name, and I don't think it's hard to pronounce.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I dont like my maiden name because people add an N where there isnt one. I like my married name because its easy to say and common BUT I hate it for my kids because its long to try and spell.

BTW- My name is hyphenated with maiden and married so I hate when i fill out things and there isnt enough room. :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My last name is my married name...I'm ok with it; although people ALWAYS spell it wrong :grumble:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Its better than my old one...Craig. Jennifer doesn't go well with that. People sang jingles.
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love my last name Valentine. Thanks to my husband.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I like mine fine. It's fairly common and has only one spelling, which is nice because I have to spell my first name for people all the time.
  • rayjess
    rayjess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY LAST NAME!!!!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    My maiden name is simple and short. my 1st husband's last name had an S at the end, and my husband now, his ends with ES.
    I'm always having a hard time eeking that e in there, it looks like a weird little loop. ah well. Ward was so simple and easy...strangely, i never liked it until I had a different one. I thought it was so boring and dull. After a kid, and kid #2.. you want boring dull and 3 less letters whenever possible. I wish I had known before I gave my daughter an 8 letter name.
  • SouthernDad
    SouthernDad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YES! It is 4 letters long and i kept it after marriage :)

Mine's four letter long and I kept it after marriage too... Love it.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do not like my last name. I wish I'd kept my former name. Or changed to my maiden name. Or my mother's maiden name. Oh well.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Not posting mine but Its alright. No one ever says it right. They confuse it with a common first name. And I always have to spell it. It's so simple though
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Gotta say I love my last name. Especially when I attempt say it all latin and sexy and roll the R's. rrrrrrrrrrrr..... :laugh: :wink:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Yes although its very common in the Hispanic world but I like it more especially that I have the same surname of Amancio Ortega, one of Spain's richest man & owner of Zara boutique or Kenny Ortega, well known musical director (we all know him I guess).

Just hope that when I get married, the surname that I'll be adopting will be as good as what I have now.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    The only reason for me to like it is the cultural aspect of it, otherwise, I prefer not to have it, especially living in Australia. I am actually thinking about changing my last name.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Meh. 50/50 on it. It's unique(unless I'm in Utah or England, haha!), so that's good, but it means a lot of, loads, pile... And I always thought it was an aweful name for a fat girl :laugh:
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    yes I do