• dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    cool beans
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    *my bad*

I just want to knock my kids out when they say that to me. lol.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    "You know that right ? "
    I find it so rude!
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I seen it, same difference, supposively
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Any Variation On "Grow You Up"- like "They are growing up their customer base." I need to grow my Sunday School members into better examples of Christ".. People do NOT grow other people.

another one that bugs me is "try and"... I will try and do better... We should try and drink more water. You either try OR you do. it should be "I will try to do a better job.".."We wil try to drink more water."
  • Corkscrew28
    Options
    *my bad*

I just want to knock my kids out when they say that to me. lol.

Oh I hate that sooooo much! I've banned it in my house! lol
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Be strong. Because most of the time when people say it to ya, it's like "what other choice do you have but to just keep going on?" LIke when I had 4 grandparents die within a period of 9 months (pretty much 3 months to the day apart for all of them) and another have surgery and end up with what looked like she was going to develop dementia.....well that finally got better, but now she's having other physical complications. But what choice do I have? Walk away? Not really. But even so, is it so bad to "gasp!" not "BE STRONG!!" and maybe cry sometimes? No, there's nothing wrong with not being strong. Or another.....my mil was diagnosed w/stage 4 pancreatic cancer (mets to liver & lungs) back in June and that's all people kept spewing at her (family included). Why SHOULD she "BE STRONG!!" and pretend like nothing is wrong? Crap, pancreatic cancer has a 95% death rate, usually within just a few months. Why not take some time to flip out, be scared/sad/upset, etc?

(for the record she opted for treatment to prolong her life, and is doing relatively really well at the moment and with good quality to boot :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Be strong. Because most of the time when people say it to ya, it's like "what other choice do you have but to just keep going on?" LIke when I had 4 grandparents die within a period of 9 months (pretty much 3 months to the day apart for all of them) and another have surgery and end up with what looked like she was going to develop dementia.....well that finally got better, but now she's having other physical complications. But what choice do I have? Walk away? Not really. But even so, is it so bad to "gasp!" not "BE STRONG!!" and maybe cry sometimes? No, there's nothing wrong with not being strong. Or another.....my mil was diagnosed w/stage 4 pancreatic cancer (mets to liver & lungs) back in June and that's all people kept spewing at her (family included). Why SHOULD she "BE STRONG!!" and pretend like nothing is wrong? Crap, pancreatic cancer has a 95% death rate, usually within just a few months. Why not take some time to flip out, be scared/sad/upset, etc?

(for the record she opted for treatment to prolong her life, and is doing relatively really well at the moment and with good quality to boot :)

Sometimes people don't know what to say. What would you say?
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Haters!!!!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Haters!!!!

This!

And YOLO. Like one of my friends said, for those not bright enough to say "Carpe Diem" :/
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    heighth. It even looks wrong in print.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce.

WTF? Makes my skin crawl.

Yikes I use to say that a lot...glad I haven't dropped that one around you yet :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "healthy" because it's a blanket term, usually used by people who have no idea what they're talking about
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce.

WTF? Makes my skin crawl.

What else am I supposed to say when sauce is really delicious??
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fleshy.

((shudder))
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand the word "moist". It just sounds gross coming out. Buhhhh. I'm also kinda tired of the phrase "it is what it is".
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    When people say "just saying" after they already said something.

You don't need to do that. It's unnecessary.

The fact that you said it means that you "just said" it.

Knock it off.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    "more or less"
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    "I can't" --- yeah you're right. You can't do **** with that attitude!

"Maybe" --- Really? is that a yes or a no?

"Hella" --- stupid Nor Cal. saying.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    irregardless

It's not a word, but a lot of people seem to think it is.