Is diet pop really that bad??

Options
124»

Replies

• fattypattybinger
    Options
    It is amazing that there is so many things that are bad for you. People all have their favorite thing. I don't drink, smoke. I drink my Diet Coke but I have decreased the amount I drink now. I have never been a water drinking but I am drinking more each day.I can't imagine not drinking Diet Coke but hopefully one day soon it will be one a day. I don't drink coffee, I drink one cup of tea in the morning.
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I always have a case of coke zero around when i need that little boost of caffeine or something to trick my brain that I ate something sweet. I personally dont think its bad but it should be equalized with water as well. a 12 pack usually lasts me 5 weeks. I think its good cause it keeps me away from the heavy sweets. I think in that sense is great.
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting study on artificial sweeteners. They gave half the participants a regular fizzy drink and half a diet version. then measured how much both groups ate. While those who did have the diet drink did eat more, in the long run the difference was about the same number of calories that was in the regular fizzy. The study concluded that the brain is not tricked by the artificial sweetener and still requires those calories.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If it's not one thing killing us it will be another were all dying a little bit everyday so enjoy life and if that means having a diet coke have one.

Holy CRAP

this is truly revolutionary

why the hell am I dieting??
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options

Logical and sensible answer. If there was a like, I'd click it.

I use and look like this, doesn't cause any issues for me LOL

15809555_8206.jpg
    [/quote]

Can't argue with photo evidence!
    (You can however stare at photo evidence until you forget what the point you were going to make was. )
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I remembered my point! LOL

x looks at Matty's pic again x

Ummm.... Something about diet soda...
    ROFLMAO
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't like tea... don't like coffee... and juices have a ton of calories... so yes I have diet soda. Yes I drink water... lots of it, but ya know every so often you want a different flavor and some fizz lol. I generally keep it to one a day though, usually coke zero.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It depends if you mind drinking something that can strip RUST off of metal and can be used to strip wallpaper.....

What do you think your stomach is full of? PH neutral spring water?

Once you're off it for a while and try it again you'll be able to taste the chemicals in it. Blech.

The the chemicals didn't taste like anything, they wouldn't put them in. It's called 'flavor.'