Do you count alcohol in your calorie goal?

Options
123457»

Replies

• goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie. If you log calories, of course you log whatever you drink. I can't imagine why you would even wonder about it. Booze is loaded with calories and you need to log them.
  • wharbach6
    wharbach6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your body needs the fuel it gets from food to build muscles and keep your metabolism going, so you shouldn't necessarily not eat to save calories for booze. For me this would let to feeling like I'm starving and probably eating something I shouldn't.

You should count all the calories you cosume, if you want to get an accurate calorie count. You should also realize the booze is empty calories and does nothing good for your body. It sure is fun though :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you have a higher calorie goal and the alcohol is not very caloric, it's fine to make room for it, but I would never replace nutritional needs with alcohol. I don't drink much or very often, but when I do I tend to still need the same amount of food calories, and will usually allow that to be a day that I go over. What's the point in me having a glass of wine if I feel hungry, sick and lacking energy. Alcohol is like a treat, except it does not fill my belly with any food and the calories do not appear to be useful to my body the way food is. I still log it because you can still make your weekly goal work out, or just because it's good to be aware. Also drinking alcohol seems to increase my need for more food calories.
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    2-3 drinks a day? That is an immense amount. I would definitely cout down on that - one is more than plenty.
    And of course, you count everything that passes your lips, simple as that.