Replies

• yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    hmm,if jumping rope is benificial i wonder what skipping would do?cause i can skip! ALOT.

Isn't it the same thing? I just figured Americans call it jump rope. We call it skipping.

no skipping is when you bring your knee up to the height of the other and alternate legs but kinda run/hop at the same time..

Interesting. I just do it like boxers do it. That was where I learnt so that's how it's done for me :smile: I still suck at double unders though.
  • ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey,

i know this thread is real old but i was just wondering how long did it take you to lose all that weight?
  • shannondaug
    shannondaug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is so encouraging, thanks:smile:
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost around 9 lbs in 3 weeks by jump-rope(ing?) 4x a week, but also sticking to a strict diet plan =)
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump - I just bought a rope a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to use it, I'm definitely going to have to!
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There's a couple guys that I see all the time at the gym jump rope. Even the staff calls them the 'jump ropers' because every single time all they ever do is just jump rope. I wonder if there's anything more they do, because I certainly don't see them doing anything else at the gym. You know they're going hard when you can hear the whipping of the rope from all the way across the gym. This one guy is pretty good and they both look like they're in awesome shape.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow. I need a jump rope.

My thoughts exactly
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Just found my jump rope. I've got to try this workout.
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use a jump rope and feel the burn. However, I do the same boring jump lol. I want to learn how to do little tricks and go faster like boxers do when they are training.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • parmvirlol
    Options
    i cant a good answer, so ill just ask here.

can i do like 10-15mins of jump rope after my 60mins weight lift work out?
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    bump
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Yes
  • parmvirlol
    Options

Yes
    thank you for the answer.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Odd. I just bought a jump rope and did it last night. Burns a load of cals.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Well, this sounds promising....I do need something to do when the weather is icky....
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I need to keep this handy.....like!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I bought a jump rope, making progress, lol! I need to watch the link that was previously posted and stretch my calves....is having my feet away from the wall two feet or so and do pushups enough to stretch the calves?
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned in the last 5 months of exercise is that I can't jump any more! Period. Used to skip rope all the time as a kid.

I try jumping during my Zumba videos and my feet won't seem to leave the floor!