A fat guy with a dream..

Options
Hello. I am an extremely obese man who has decided enough is enough. The pain from my back to my feet is at times unbearable and I am going to fix this problem. I am not sure of my starting weight because I have finally outgrown my scale which goes up to 450 lbs. My first goal is to actually get a reading from my scale, then keep going from there.

I am going to lose weight. That isn’t a hope or a dream but a plan that will become reality. I know it won’t be easy but it is going to happen, it has to happen.

I just wanted to introduce myself, I am new to both My Fitness Pal and Twitter (@FatGuy450) so I hope to be active enough in both places to chart my progress, follow others progress for inspiration, and receive encouragement when times are tough.

Replies

• Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    welcome!! I wish you the best of luck - MFP has an amazing support group, definitely add some people, it's amazing how supportive they will be!!

I can't wait to hear about your progress!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    GO AHEAD AND GET IT DUDE!!!! It is GREAT that you are making the decision for a Healthier Life. It is hard to realize, at any amount over, that is something we all need to do.

GOOD LUCK and may God Bless you with a great amount of success on this Journey!! :-) Feel free to add me...I LOVE providing Motivation and helping people!! :-)
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on this journey! I know you can do this. MFP is a great place to get support.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You CAN do this, and there are lots of people here to support you. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Zach. I have dropped weight but I haven't been at your level.

That being said I am glad you have made the decision to change your life, and i wish you the best.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try and help.

Don't get discouraged, in your situation for someone to make the leap to fix themselves, sets you

apart and elevates you from so many people.

Good luck!
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I sent you a friend request!
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!!! Never give up on yourself, that is what I have learned!!! I used to weigh 330 lbs, still a work in progress
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. People here are so encouraging and supportive. You won't have trouble fitting in to the group. Feed off from other's successes on the board. There are an abundance of them. Good luck!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a fantastic place to start making things happen. You can do this. Be honest with yourself and make those small goals. The big goal will happen. Choose one or two things to work on and then when you have those work on adding a few other things.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Vicstar1977
    Options
    Welcome! So happy for you that you are about to change your life. :happy:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you are really motivated to do this! I started at 330 and have already dropped over 45 lbs in around 3 months! It is totally doable! Be consistent! And log everything! Feel free to add me as a friend! Can't wait to watch your success!!!
  • peles_fire
    Options
    That is awesome. It will be a long, tough journey but just think...at some point in your future, you will be posting a thread titled, "Formerly Fat Guy's Dream is a Reality." And you will have the crowd on their feet cheering.

In the meantime, use the tools on MFP, use the people on your friends list for support, and stay positive. It is going to be a hard road but anything is possible when you put your mind and heart into it.

Oh and I almost forgot, Welcome!!!
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find a lot of encouragement, ideas, and advice here. First bit of advice. . .STAY POSITIVE!! You're doing this for you and for your health. Keep that in mind. Don't jump in and hope to perform like someone who's been at this for years. You're only competing with yourself. Approach this as a lifestyle change, not a diet or a "health program".

Good luck!!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! Feel free to add me for support as you chip away at he pounds!
  • tamia11
    tamia11 Posts: 28
    Options
    very happy for you to make a life decision for your self!! We all here give great support and nothing negative!! Best of luck to your new life style!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am sure you can be successful. Joining MFP was a great first step, after making the decision to have a healthier life of course. I will send a friend request now. The support on here, esp if you are having a bad day, is great and logging all your food intake is really an eye opener.

Best of luck!
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! You have made the big step by posting your story!! There are a lot of good people on here that will help you with encouragement.

Join my group "Commit to be fit" and do whatever exercises you can do without injury, give peer support and it will be rewarding to you both on the scale and in your mind!

WELCOME and THANK YOU for your post!!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Well done on making this decision, it's one you will be so happy you made :) And you came to the right place, MFP has worked a wonder for me. Best of luck with your mission :)
  • phillieschic
    Options
    YOU can do it. Set small goals. Stay positive. Know that every positive thing you do is another step towards your goal.

I will support you!

Let's do this! :flowerforyou: