A fat guy with a dream..

Options

Replies

• NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all gonna inspire the piss out of you! You came to the right place, brother. I am gonna friend request you, enlsit you into the DatsunDad Army!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you every success on your journey. You have come to the right place. Never give up on yourself!
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We're rooting for you!
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck! With that type of outlook I'm sure you'll succeed. Remember, on those days that you just don't want to do thing, a half assed workout is still better than no workout! Small changes can make a world of difference!
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    Welcome to our big family :)
    MFP is a great place to keep track of your daily activities and nutrition.
    The people on here are amazing !
    I can't wait to see/hear about your progress You can DO this !!!
    YOU are Worth IT !! :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! This site has been the salvation for so many people including myself, and I know it will be for you too. Check in every day, as often as you can. there are amazing people who post great threads, recipes, tips and encouragement.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    welcome! :-)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It will be hard at first but after a month or 2 , it will be normal and your life will change when you realize how easy weight loss actually is. Push through the hard part and you will never regret it, it's the best decision of my life!

Don't limit your diet too much either, eat what you like but try to make healthier choices, stay in your calorie limit and eat back your exercise calories!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It can be done! Wishing you the best in your journey!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We welcome you with arms wide open.This is a place where you can obtain a large amount of support. We are here to uplift you and encourage you every step of the way and make sure that plan/dream you have comes to fruition.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww yeeeeeeah... Are you ready to kick some *kitten*? BECAUSE IT IS TIME TO KICK SOME *kitten*.

Let's do this.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can do it, last June i was 420 Lbs....feel free to ask me any questions. Thats why we are here.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I wish you luck. I have found this site to be a great tool, and I'm sure you will be successful.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It's going to take time so you've got to be patient. It's not about starving yourself, just getting the balance right (well a bit if a deficit) consistently over time. Allow yourself the odd treat so that you don't feel deprived and give in, just make sure you fit it in your daily calories. You can do it!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I know you can do it!!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain and, believe me, you can. I was actually scared I was going to be bed ridden, because my back pain was getting so bad I had to climb the bed post like a pole to get out of bed in the morning. It will take time, but over time you'll start to forget about all those little pains and annoyances that you used to be plagued with. Keep doing it until it becomes a habit and, once it becomes a habit, don't quit. Also ignore the haters. Fair warning about that.
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your Journey!!! i can tell you from personal experience that it can be done!!! I started January 3rd, 2011 at 456 pounds. Today I weigh 199!!!!

You can read my story at www.borgiesjourney.com

Dave
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome! you've already shown courage by taking the time to join mfp and post your story! good luck and keep going at it every day!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yay, I am so happy to see you here finally, we've been waiting for you! :flowerforyou:

You are amazing for taking this step, and I know you will succeed!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I started at 382 and am down to 305. There is a group of guys called The Royal Order of Middle Aged Fat Men that is a fun group of guys who are serious about getting fit. I don't know if you are middle aged, but you are welcome to join us. Some in our group started much heavier than you are now.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4270-the-royal-order-of-middle-aged-fat-men

You are also welcome to add me as a friend. I warn you that I am serious about getting fit and will hold you accountable if you friend me. I would expect the same from you.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck. You are in control of your fitness and this is a great place to hang out.