A fat guy with a dream..

Options

Replies

• brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    friend request sent...wishing you the best... and congrats on taking the first step...
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    Welcome :) MFP is a great resource and a great source of support. You'll find lots of people here who will be glad to share your journey with you. :)
  • jodes032
    jodes032 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    welcome, welcome! I sent you a request! good luck!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great community (with a few "my way or the highway" exceptions); you'll find a lot of support here. Stay honest with yourself, and you'll succeed. Congrats on taking that first step! Feel free to add me.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I started at 478 a little more than two months ago and am now at 432 (46 pounds). I started at ten minutes of walking really, really slowly a little more than two months ago and am now up to 70+ minutes a day almost every day at 3.5 miles per hour. I, too, have a young son (12 years old) who I began to believe I would never see grow up because of my refusal to deal with my desperate weight situation. Well, now I am dealing with my weight and have nothing but hope and optimism for the future. I am in this for the long run, and to lose this weight once and for all. I am making my own miracle, and would be pleased to help you make your miracle for you. Please accept my friend request and let's do this together. My friend request will come from TheFinalThird.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! You SO can do this!!!!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck to you.. remember one day at a time.. stay positive and have a wonderful support service.. feel free to add me ;)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hello, sir!

Do scope out the Success threads - there are several people in your same situation who have made major changes and lost 100, 200, 300+lbs through hard work, planning, diet changes, and determination. You should find a lot of inspiration there.

One step at a time. You can do it! Be strong and make the necessary changes. You won't regret it.

Best of luck!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will get a lot of support here!
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    I am so happy for you! First thing first...You are no longer "fat guy"...You are now "soon to be hottie hot hottie buff guy no longer 450"

Way to go!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) you may call yourself a fat guy with a dream today, but pretty soon you will be a guy with endless possibilities ahead of him. Good luck on your journey. Believe in yourself. You're stronger than you think.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The first step is always the hardest. MFP is an amazing network of people offering both advice and support. It will definitely help you! Best of luck!
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you're anything like me, you have FINALLY found the last place you'll ever need to look for how you're going to lose weight and keep it off. Please feel free to send me a friend request...I'm on every day and I try to send encouragement out as much as I can to my friends on here, who have become a lifeline for me!
    Wishing you the best of luck in your journey! :o)
  • Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Looks like you already took the hardest first step, and that is getting in the mindset to get rid of the excess. This place is a good way to start, and remember, baby steps. Slowly but surely, it will come off.

Good luck and we will all be here with you sharing our journeys back and forth.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I reached that point in Apr 2011. Glad to have you on board and if you need support and mfp buddies, I'd be honored if you'd like to add me. Best of luck on your jouney:flowerforyou:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Knock it dead guy. Use the communities, people on here are far more supportive than the average person you'll run into in your daily life.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    welcome! what i've learned thru the use of this site is that i can fail. and sometimes, i'll fall off the bandwagon for a month. but i keep coming back. there's lots of great support on here. and if you have a bad day or 2 or 30 - it's ok. it's not a reflection on your ability to succeed. just don't give up. you can do it. lifestyle changes are not easy and they take time. i had to get away from my 'want it now' mentality. if you prepare yourself mentally for a journey and not a race, you've already won half the battle. :) good luck to you!!!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a healthier life! If you need any information or support just ask! I am a Reg. Dietitian and Diabetes Educator...Feel free to friend me!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You can do this dude! My highest was 360 and I'm only 5 foot 4. I was waddling around and my knees always hurt. I decided enough was enough after a miscarriage and failed attempts to have a child.

I found that my will, drive and determination were there... but my body was fighting against me. I went into the doc and got a full work up... decided that High BP, elevated Cholesterol, and pre-diabeties was not going to take me down!!! So since July with the help from my doc I started on meds for BP, added vitamins and oils to my daily pills, and kept at my counting calories and Jazzercise. I have managed to lose 32 lbs in 3 months! It's completely possible!

I move better, feel damn sexy, and can't wait for the next chapter in my life that hopefully will soon come to light with loss. Either way I wasn't meant to be trapped in this fat suit!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! good luck!