My favorite spaghetti squash recipe! What's yours?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to get in the groove and like spaghetti squash, and cooked it for the first time last week; but it came out crunchy....yuk! i've tried to microwave it to finish cooking after I made the spaghetti but it hasn't worked. What did I do wrong??

I bake mine whole at 350 for like an hour in about a half inch of water. Turn it about halfway through the cooking time.
  • Naynayjones
    Naynayjones Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash for a simple side dish. After baking or microwaving, I shred the pulp with a fork, and just top it with margarine, a little salt, and freshly ground nutmeg.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump.
  • herz28camaro
    herz28camaro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I cook ground turkey with onions and garlic, mix with Marina sauce and serve it over it....mmmmm

cut in half cut side down in microwave. till skin is soft the core it with a fork, add "I can't believ its not buter" salt and pepper
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Bump
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference.
  • hrr002
    hrr002 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make a spaghetti squash SPASAGNA!!

-cook spaghetti squash in microwave then string it. Brown some ground turkey with onions, bell peppers, and a little garlic. Mix spaghetti squash with meat mixture, your choice of spaghetti sauce, and a little bit of low fat ricotta cheese. Top with low fat mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese on top is melty. TRUST ME you will love it! I prefer this to regular lasagna.

I also make spaghetti squash "hashbrown" casserole.
    -Make a spaghetti squash and string it. Sautee some onions. Mix this with fat free sour cream and top with low fat cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese melts. This is not the healthiest thing, but I feel like it is awesome for when I get a craving for some comfort food!!

Tonight I am going to try it with some laughing cow cheese and grilled chicken and veggies (can you tell I love cheese...its my weakness!)
  • hrr002
    hrr002 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make a spaghetti squash SPASAGNA!!

-cook spaghetti squash in microwave then string it. Brown some ground turkey with onions, bell peppers, and a little garlic. Mix spaghetti squash with meat mixture, your choice of spaghetti sauce, and a little bit of low fat ricotta cheese. Top with low fat mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese on top is melty. TRUST ME you will love it! I prefer this to regular lasagna.

I also make spaghetti squash "hashbrown" casserole.
    -Make a spaghetti squash and string it. Sautee some onions. Mix this with fat free sour cream and top with low fat cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese melts. This is not the healthiest thing, but I feel like it is awesome for when I get a craving for some comfort food!!

Tonight I am going to try it with some laughing cow cheese and grilled chicken and veggies (can you tell I love cheese...its my weakness!)
  • glory2Him
    glory2Him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    garlic powder and grated parm cheese, or with alfredo sauce or homemade roasted red pepper sauce