CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BUMP! these recipes sound GREAT! thanks for sharing them! :flowerforyou:
  • angela_fitness
    angela_fitness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • batmanjoker33
    batmanjoker33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump....
  • Taimarra
    Options
    These are absolutely amazing. I just went through and snatched a couple dozen recipes for the upcoming weeks!

Last week I got bored and decided to experiment. We have company over for dinner fairly often, and we all love having a few days worth of leftovers -- so I tend to cook in extreme bulk. Obviously this recipe can be modified to suit your needs because it makes about 24 servings.

Chicken & Bean Taco Stuffing

1 bag frozen chicken breasts (about 12 breasts)
    1 bottle brown ale
    3 cups dried beans (whatever you like -- we use black, red and kidney - 1 1/4 C black/red and 1/2 C kidney) (I use dried because I can buy them in bulk and they're way lower in sodium -- you can always use low-sodium canned beans)
    Taco seasoning to taste
    Optional: 2-3 cups frozen corn, or 1-2 cans of corn

I tossed the entire bag of chicken in the crock pot along with the entire bottle of beer and taco seasoning, then put it on high for about 3 hours. During that time, I quick-soaked the dried beans, drained them, and let them sit out. After 3 hours on high, I added the beans to the chicken and let it sit on high another 2 hours (you'd add the corn at this same time.) I turned it to low before we left for the gym. It stayed on low about 2-2.5 hours. Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks then return it to the crock pot and stir it all in.

I made this last Monday or Wednesday (honestly I don't remember, lol) and we still have about 6 servings in the fridge despite between 2-3 of us eating it for lunch every day, and my boyfriend making 3 omelettes with it on Saturday.

You could likely modify this and put all the ingredients in on low for 8ish hours, too. I work from home so I have the ability to monitor and add to crock pot foods as they cook.
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    Sweet Potato Burritos!

4 sweet potatoes
    1 package of frozen corn
    2 cans of black beans, thoroughly rinsed
    2 jars of salsa
    4 oz of soft cream cheese

Put on slow cooker on high for 6 hours. Delish, vegetarian, and kids love it! Any other vegetarian ideas?

I made this on Saturday....loved it! It makes a lot so I put some in freezer bags...Thanks!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these....thanks for sharing!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yum lots of great recipies here!
  • Shasem
    Shasem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tonight! :-D
    You can either throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low 8ish hours or high 4-5ish hours, OR you can cook on the stove w/ directions below!

Buffalo Chicken Chili
    Servings: 8
    Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
    WW Points+: 6 Calories: 281.2 Total Fat: 2.9 g Fiber: 13.9 g

Ingredients:
    • 18 oz raw Boneless, Skinless Chicken breast (about 14 oz when cooked)
    • 2 tsp Canola Oil
    • 1 large Onion, chopped
    • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
    • 1 cup Carrots, chopped (about 3 medium)
    • 1 cup Celery, chopped (about 3 stalks)
    • 2 Bell Peppers, any color, chopped
    • 1 tsp Cumin
    • 1 tsp Chili Powder
    • 1 tsp Paprika
    • 1 tsp Dried Oregano
    • 15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
    • 15 oz can Cannelini Beans, rinsed and drained
    • 2- 15 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
    • 1 1/2 cups Franks Red Hot Original Hot Sauce, divided (more or less to taste)
    • 1 cup Fat Free, Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
    • 28 oz Crushed Tomaotes
    • Salt and Black Pepper to taste
    • Reduced Fat Crumbled Blue Cheese (optional and not included in nutritional values)
    Begin by shredding the chicken. Either boil the chicken breast until cooked and shred with two forks, purchase a rotisserie chicken and remove the skin and shred it, or put the raw chicken in a crock pot, cover with water and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 then shred with two forks. Set shredded chicken aside.
    Heat Canola Oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the Minced Garlic and Chopped Onions. Saute until fragrant and tender, about 3 minutes. Next add chopped Carrots, chopped Celery, and chopped Bell Peppers. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
    Add in the Cumin, Paprika, Chili Powder, and Oregano. Stir to coat all the vegetables. Next add the drained and rinsed Black Beans and Cannelinni Beans. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
    Stir in both cans of Diced Tomatoes and the Shredded Chicken.
    Next, pour in 1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
    Pour in Crushed Tomaotes and Chicken Broth. Stir and taste the sauce for heat. Add more Frank's if you want a little more heat (here is when I added the remaining 1/2 cup). Stir, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
  • mspdreese
    Options
    this sounds so very good.must try it tomorrow.if i can find it tomorrow
  • Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mspdreese
    Options
    it would be wonderful if this site had a recupie section.or cld save and down or upload for later use.we could all find and share them.
  • mspdreese
    Options
    sounds so good doing this for dinner tomorrow or wed
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bumpity...
  • lalbus
    lalbus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new to this:) How do I save or "bump" these reciepes?
  • mspdreese
    Options
    so gonna try this soon.thanks so much
  • mspdreese
    Options
    oh yes.so yum.amd i just got apples too.sooo gonna do this recipe too
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump