Has "Aunt Flo" stopped visiting anyone else???

Options
I was just wondering if I'm the only person that has stopped having a period since loosing weight? I was worried at first that something might be wrong, but I've learned its most likely due to my weight loss. By the way, I don't miss "Aunt Flo", I actually like not getting a monthly visit from her. I hav'nt had a period for going on a year and a half :bigsmile:

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    not sure about your exact stats but its probably shock to your system combined with low body fat. thats usually the culprit because you seem to be eating just fine. have you talked to your doctor about maybe being pre-menopausal? i know some women start showing symptoms early.
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    how much exercise are you doing?
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    how much exercise are you doing?

I workout everyday, 30 minutes of sit ups and push ups, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour elliptical and the same for running at a 6 mph pace.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Definitely get checked by a doctor to rule out anything being wrong...you don't want to just chalk it up to weight loss if it's something serious.
  • reden324
    Options
    Mine stopped to, I also lost 107lbs. It's been 2 months so far which isn't that long but I'm definitely gunna go to the dr and make sure everything is ok
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would check with your doctor. Typically, menopause is described as not having a period for a year or more. Your doctor could run a blood test to check your hormone levels. You are young, but it's not unheard of to start menopause early. I was about 42. (Ii'm now 46). Good luck!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Boy don't I wish!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Lucky!! Mine have shorter times between cycles now and are debilitating. I can't freakin wait for menopause.
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I hadn't thought about it but I don't even remember the last time I had mine.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    mine has totally stopped since starting crossfit 5 months ago. last month it was a little spotty, so i'm thinking it is going to make its way back. i was irregular before, so i'm not too concerned. i've been checked out by doctors before.... numerous pregnancy tests, ultrasounds (stomach and internal) to check for any cysts or something internally going on, blood tests, etc etc. Everything comes back normal. so now that i've been cleared of anything really wrong going on, i'm loving not getting visits from flow. :happy:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The definition of menopause is no period for a year. By that definition you're post menopausal. Your doctor can run a few blood tests to ensure that's the reason they stopped. If that isn't the reason they stopped you need to be checked further.

35 is quite young for menopause to hit, but not impossible. Mine hit at age 42.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Boy don't I wish!

LOL! In all seriousness, I kinda do...
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! But it could have something to do with that hysterectomy...
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    For the ladies here wishing for meno, don't be so hasty! I'm not going to start telling horror stories, but just enjoy each stage's advantages while you have them. :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    For the ladies here wishing for meno, don't be so hasty! I'm not going to start telling horror stories, but just enjoy each stage's advantages while you have them. :flowerforyou:

This... I would rather have my period forever than go through menopause... I don't wanna be old :)
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not me, wish it would though! Course I haven't lost even half as much as you have! I'd be real happy if mine took off for awhile! lol
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Any new regime, stress or other changes in your life could effect your menstruation.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Haha yeah when my mom started going through menopause I didn't want to be anywhere near her! And her house was freezing at all times...it did NOT seem like a pleasant time in life lol

I don't get periods due to the BC I'm on, but I think it would be a good idea to visit your doctor to see what's up.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This happened to me....... but then I found out I was pregnant!! :)
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Not me, wish it would though! Course I haven't lost even half as much as you have! I'd be real happy if mine took off for awhile! lol

My feelings exactly...:/