Strange or fine for one guy to be in a fitness class with

Options
All women?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Fine. It's not his fault classes are more popular with women.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's Fabulous!?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fine. It's not his fault classes are more popular with women.

this!
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's fine. I have one guy in my boxercise class and he is def not fabulous haha. He just gets on with it.

xx
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    i saw a woman on the weights yesterday, i was like , um excuse me ma'am go play on the treadmills and ellipticals, this here is man territory.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've booked two classes in my new gym to join my wife.

The sex of the people there didn't enter my head, but it's good to know I'll be getting judged.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i saw a woman on the weights yesterday, i was like , um excuse me ma'am go play on the treadmills and ellipticals, this here is man territory.

Poor guy you must have a tiny penis.... Awww bless
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What sort of class??
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing it to be with your wife, then good for you.

BUT if you're taking a class that is primarily women, you should probably consider something a bit more challenging depending on what your goals are.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I went to 2 kickboxing classes and i was the only guy.
    I have learned not to be intimidated by that kind of thing, if you want to take a class take it.
    This is about you and your goals, not about what other people think.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Seriously?
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    awww yea...
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine for a man or a woman to do or take whatever they want to get fit.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If it's a Zumba or Step class.... uhhhhh...... I may have an inside giggle. But I wouldn't do either of these classes to ever see them in there!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

Seriously?

He's pointing out the fact that if it were posed the other way, people would be up in arms about it being "sexist".

Of course it's fine - he can be in whatever he chooses no matter the gender distribution.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be fine. Theres a man in my zumba class and he's there for the very same reason as the rest of the people!!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    BUT if you're taking a class that is primarily women, you should probably consider something a bit more challenging depending on what your goals are.

This is a very broad assumption that classes full of women are not challenging.

(I cannot say from personal experience if they are as I do not partake in them).
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    There's one guy always in my zumba class. I think its fine!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Not strange at all. Back in the 1970, I was the only guy in my High School's Home Economic class. Sure, there was the benefit of being the only maale amongst all those gals, but, more importantly, it got me interested in cooking. A passion of mine 42 years later.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do a bodyflow class (yoga/pilates/ti chi) once a week and I am almost always the only male there. No one seems to care, and the instructor always talks to me afterward to encourage me. But I keep my eyes to myself and put in a true effort, so it is fine.